How do you know if a guy is gay?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

How do you know if a guy is gay?

Postby jman2005 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:29 pm

Im bisexual and have horrible gaydar. How do u know if a guy is gay? Especially since theyre masculine.
jman2005

Postby spinmearound » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:09 pm

well. The only thing I know is that if I meet a guy who I find interesting, I get to know that guy and when I become his friend, I have by then already found out whether the dude likes guys or not. I watch his eyes and listen to his words. I see when he looks at other guys and when he looks at girls. I try to read his flow. If you ever have the chance to smoke out with him or drink with him, then you will have a better ability to tell. This works especially well if you never tell him you are even into guys.

I'm no expert. I'm still learning, but this is what I've got right now. Hope it helps.
spinmearound

Postby kentmanwa » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:16 pm

My ex always says look at the eyes and if it's more than x amount of seconds, he's probably gay. For me, it's like a whole persona thing. Usually gay guys will have a certain high voice or tone, move a certain way (with a sache), may talk about other guys or never about girls. Also if you're gay, they give you a signal that they know you are too, like wink at you or treat you extra nice or come up and squeeze your biceps or give you a tight hug.
Kyrie eleisson
kentmanwa

Postby devilnuts » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:55 pm

He'll more than likely be into kissing other guys and interested in sex with them. That's usually a dead give away that he's gay. Other than that...you'll just have to get him really drunk.
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby Negate » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:24 am

I think the quickest method is becoming decent friends with him and get him either high or drunk beyond beleif.
<----Imz In your forum sabotaging yah thredz.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby ditchdigger » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:01 am

there are some subtle ways too.

The other day, while shopping at a local supermarket where they are doing some remodeling, I could've sworn for a second that a construction worker was checking me out. Shaved head, crystal blue eyes, build like a brick sh*thouse...

...nahh...It was just in my head...

yeah, until the guy looked at me again and then promptly walked into a column. Moments like that would suggest definite possiblities.

I've noticed though that some 'straight' men will deny til proven guilty. And although you KNOW they've been with other guys ('cause mainly the other guys have described every inch of their body while drinking at a bar one night and you get an earful of wayyyy too much you never wanted to know)...they will deny it totally. Their eyes follow, blatantly stare, do several basket checks...but they are too worried of getting the label. If they've had a couple drinks, suddenly they become the massueur of the century, touching your shoulders and rubbing your back, as if in a challenge of some sort. Their eyes become more intense...the regular 'wanna do it' look. Their voice gets more fluid and soft. But, if they go too far to possibly expose themselves, they will retreat until they can do the process once more in a more private situation. So, they resume their married life with wifie pooh and look for discreet pieces of ass on the side. Don't bother with those...

...not that I've ever experienced that or anything...heh heh ;)
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious
cult." -Rita Rudner
ditchdigger

Postby BlackmanXXX » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:51 pm

The fact that he checks out men is a dead giveaway.
http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=496298

I need to engage in bisexual behavior on a massive scale. It cannot be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.
BlackmanXXX

Postby Negate » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:16 pm

ditchdigger wrote:there are some subtle ways too.

The other day, while shopping at a local supermarket where they are doing some remodeling, I could've sworn for a second that a construction worker was checking me out. Shaved head, crystal blue eyes, build like a brick sh*thouse...

...nahh...It was just in my head...

yeah, until the guy looked at me again and then promptly walked into a column. Moments like that would suggest definite possiblities.

I've noticed though that some 'straight' men will deny til proven guilty. And although you KNOW they've been with other guys ('cause mainly the other guys have described every inch of their body while drinking at a bar one night and you get an earful of wayyyy too much you never wanted to know)...they will deny it totally. Their eyes follow, blatantly stare, do several basket checks...but they are too worried of getting the label. If they've had a couple drinks, suddenly they become the massueur of the century, touching your shoulders and rubbing your back, as if in a challenge of some sort. Their eyes become more intense...the regular 'wanna do it' look. Their voice gets more fluid and soft. But, if they go too far to possibly expose themselves, they will retreat until they can do the process once more in a more private situation. So, they resume their married life with wifie pooh and look for discreet pieces of ass on the side. Don't bother with those...

...not that I've ever experienced that or anything...heh heh ;)

Haha Russ! Too funny! I've seen guys check me out too but I think they are just eyeing me up b/c i'm a big guy? I dunno.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby BlackmanXXX » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:24 pm

Hey, maybe he'll be thinking of you while he's doing wifey-pooh ! :roll:

I need to engage in bisexual behavior on a massive scale. It cannot be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.
BlackmanXXX

Postby qwertz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:50 pm

Is your metrodar working?
qwertz

Postby cloudy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:51 am

Your gaydar will improve with time.

Even is someone is gay there is no rule that says they will have the slightest interest in you, they may be a total jerk, and they may have absolutely nothing in common with you.

If a guy is friendly towards you it's a start. If they look back a nano second TOO LONG it's almost guaranteed there are questions going off in his head.

Really, you should just forget about the gay/not gay thing and try to, at least, strike up some kind of conversation. If things are going well, it won't take more that 20 minutes to tune your gaydar into them.

When I met my first boyfriend I simply didn't care if he was gay or not. I thought he was straight. I drove my employee home on my motorcycle and saw him (future boyfriend) sitting on the grass in front of the library. I raced to drop off my employee ( a beautifull teenager with whom I was in love, but he was straight) and went back and started talking to future boyfriend.

He was very friendly and we spend the next several hours together. After going to a restaurant for coffee, I got the courage to invite him home. We spent the next few weeks in bed as often as possible.

After about 2 years, it didn't work out, but we are still friends. I'm 61 on Monday, so it's been a long, long time.

My second boyfriend, I simply started following on the street. I thought he was just too beautifull to get out of my site. I walked up to him, asked him if he wanted to come home with me, smoke a joint, and let me blow him. He was VERY straight acting. He said yes.

I asked him to be my boyfriend the next morning. He stayed overnight.

He moved in two weeks later. It lasted 18 years.

He got AIDS and died nearly 12 years ago.
Just be brave, take chances. You don't want to get old and grey and keep asking yourself about the could have beens, the might have beens and the should have beens. Fortune favours the bold... Virgil.
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T.S. Eliot
cloudy

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:38 am

It is amazing how you can communicate with people through simple eye contact. I used to work for BP, and there was this guy there I had the hots for. He was a geologist, I worked in accounting. We would pass each other in the lobby several times a week, and I would always look at him too long.

One day, I was following him to the elevator. He turned around, stopped and looked at me as if to say "are you nuts?" My eye contact routine had worked! Unfortunately, he was straight. One day I saw him eating lunch with a girlfriend. :(

Another time, a Safeway boy I was sure was gay, said hello to me in an aisle in the store. Nobody ever says hello to me, so that must have been an invitation. Stupid me....I didn't slow down and jump him. :(

But, anyway....the eye thing does work. :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby BlackmanXXX » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Yes, it does. Unfortunately, it tends to happen in the most unwelcome situations. Let's say that I'm hanging out with a bunch of straight male and female friends and some hunky gay guy is giving me the eye. I have to maneuver may way out of the social situation I'm in and go to him. Often, by the time I get to him, the guy is gone or worse, not interested. That sucks, big time.

BlackmanXXX

Postby MDF711 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:02 pm

I can't say I'm the best, but sometimes when I would walk through the mall I would just make guesses... And what I have noticed is that to most men, I am invisible. they are aware of me, but the fact that I'm a guy puts me under their radar.

every so often I will look at a guy and he will look at me at the same time. Now while there are other explainations for it, it's usually because for one reason or another he is more "aware" of my presence, just as I am more aware of a guy that walks past me than a girl. (maybe you are just aware of everybody, being bisexual.)

I've surprised myself before... I walked past a middle-aged guy in the mall one time... I chalked him up to a "maybe". but as we walked past we made eye contact. I discreetly averted my gaze, and heard a "thud" behind me as he walked into a wall.
MDF711

Postby MDF711 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:04 pm

cloudy wrote:My second boyfriend, I simply started following on the street. I thought he was just too beautifull to get out of my site. I walked up to him, asked him if he wanted to come home with me, smoke a joint, and let me blow him. He was VERY straight acting. He said yes.

I asked him to be my boyfriend the next morning. He stayed overnight.

He moved in two weeks later. It lasted 18 years.

He got AIDS and died nearly 12 years ago.
Just be brave, take chances. You don't want to get old and grey and keep asking yourself about the could have beens, the might have beens and the should have beens. Fortune favours the bold... Virgil.

:cry:
MDF711

Postby Beamer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:41 pm

Sometimes it's nearly impossible. I don't have much of a gaydar. I went out with a guy this weekend who I would never have guessed was into guys. Nothing in his voice or in his manerisms would have ever tipped me off. He's 6'1" and about 190lbs, built like a football player. Maybe he did things (and I mean in public!) that would tip some of you off, but I couldn't see anything. We met through an on-line dating site. That's the only way it would have ever happened.
Beamer

radar

Postby spinmearound » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:20 pm

I still think generally making friends and socializing is the best way to start to tell.

On Halloween, I went to a party were there was this pseudo-jock redneck who was really homophobic. I had to egg him on a little. At one point that night, he announced that he wanted to use a condom, and came really close to another guy. After the other guy said no, he started looking at me and came closer. I don't know what that meant. We were all drunk. Anyway, that guy was freakin me out talking about raping guys. Most of the guys there seemed less butch than me, but it takes getting to know someone first in order to know for sure.

If one has a buff body, it will be easier to pick people out. I wish I had that, then the stupid pseudo-jock redneck would've really been blown out of the water. No pun intended.
spinmearound

Re: radar

Postby Negate » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:02 am

spinmearound wrote:I still think generally making friends and socializing is the best way to start to tell.

On Halloween, I went to a party were there was this pseudo-jock redneck who was really homophobic. I had to egg him on a little. At one point that night, he announced that he wanted to use a condom, and came really close to another guy. After the other guy said no, he started looking at me and came closer. I don't know what that meant. We were all drunk. Anyway, that guy was freakin me out talking about raping guys. Most of the guys there seemed less butch than me, but it takes getting to know someone first in order to know for sure.

If one has a buff body, it will be easier to pick people out. I wish I had that, then the stupid pseudo-jock redneck would've really been blown out of the water. No pun intended.

Sigh,...I'm weird b/c he sounds really hot...except the raping part.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby spinmearound » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:04 am

yeah. he wasn't too bad. he just sounded like an ass.
spinmearound

Postby qwertz » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:06 pm

My gaydar is out of order. My metrodar is out of order. So, don't ask me.
qwertz

Postby spinmearound » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:47 pm

Just make friends with guys you find attractive. Sooner or later, you'll then meet somebody who I gay.
spinmearound

Postby Halo Bender » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:59 pm

spinmearound wrote:well. The only thing I know is that if I meet a guy who I find interesting, I get to know that guy and when I become his friend, I have by then already found out whether the dude likes guys or not. I watch his eyes and listen to his words. I see when he looks at other guys and when he looks at girls. I try to read his flow. If you ever have the chance to smoke out with him or drink with him, then you will have a better ability to tell. This works especially well if you never tell him you are even into guys.

I'm no expert. I'm still learning, but this is what I've got right now. Hope it helps.

Drinking works, but noone's ever admitted anything to me just because they were stoned..

Most of the people I smoke with smoke every day like me though, so I dont know if that might work better for people who only smoke occasionally.
Halo Bender

Re: How do you know if a guy is gay?

Postby Irishvaron » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:32 am

jman2005 wrote:Im bisexual and have horrible gaydar. How do u know if a guy is gay? Especially since theyre masculine.

Well if he wants to suck your cock that's usually a good clue... :wink:

Actually I haven't a clue. Someone forgot to give me my gaydar, along with a copy of the Gay Agenda and "How to Be Fabulously Gay!". Seems I got the cock-sucking gene but not the fashion-sense or decorator gene...
Irishvaron

Postby Irishvaron » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:33 am

Far from Flaming wrote:If his D_ck tastes like SH_t, he might be a Goy.

You mean he's a gentile?!? :shock: :wink:
Irishvaron

Postby qwertz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:13 pm

Irishvaron wrote:
Far from Flaming wrote:If his D_ck tastes like SH_t, he might be a Goy.

You mean he's a gentile?!? :shock: :wink:

I think he means this:

http://www.geocities.com/g0ys/index.htm
qwertz

Next

Return to Straight Acting Men