Pets?...

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Pets?...

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:44 pm

A buddy of mine recently acquired a puppy...He's had it for the past couple of weeks & I've been subjected to the daily trials & tribulations of puppy-stories over coffee in the morning.

He & his wife had to take an unexpected trip out of town...and being the only single, Engliish-speaking, guy in the office, he asked if I'd take care of his recent acquisition. Knowing that I'd be in town for the next week or so, I said "OK - No Problem"...

I haven't had a pet of any kind...four-legged friend, fish, fowl, flora or fauna for years...and now that I've "volunteered" to be a suragate parent to this very lively puppy, I'm taking my "parental" responsibiities very seriously.

He's extremely cute, but of unknown origin/pedigree. I take "Fido" or "Brian" ~ his real name (He seems to answer to most names that start with "Damn it...") out for a walk every morning & every evening & we've actually begun to "bond"... or at least I think so...He sleeps in my bed...Ask him,,,it may be another matter..just another one-night stand...

So, I'm walking Fido or Brian on the leash...paitently waiting for him to do his "business" wherever & whenever he wants...(plastic bag in hand to collect "his business")...and I'm amazed at the number of guys that I see doing the same daily chore...

Puppy's (or dogs in general ~ I've not seen any cats on a leash) seem to be a great ice-breaker...Unfortunately, most of the guys that I run across on this daily chore don't speak English... Evidently, I need to learn "dog-speak", which seems to be an international language...

Any pet stories you care to share?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Pets?...

Postby nimby » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:40 pm

I hope all went well with the pooch. I think the best little dog I ever had is the one I have right now. She really is an angel. One thing that is so funny about her is that she always picks fights with much bigger dogs. She is territorial to a fault.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:42 am

Nimby,

Did you get my pm?
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Guinness Fan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:07 pm

It is now 3 months since I last dog-sat...and the pooch is back with me - my buddy is out of town for a week & I "volunteered" to take Fido (aka Brian) again... The beast is bigger...but appears to have no recollection of his time with me...or me dutifully walking behind him with bag in hand. At least he's not destroying my slippers - so far...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Return to Users Forum