My theory on different types of homosexuality

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

My theory on different types of homosexuality

Postby thisisme33 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 am

I would like to share a theory I have about homosexuality that might go some way to understanding the differences that exist amongst homosexuals and the confusion that might arise regarding our own identities. I should stress that some might find the theory politically incorrect but a lifetime of observation has left me convinced of its truth.
The theory proposes that there are two basic types of homosexuals: one group can be called “homosexuals” and the other group “gay”. These two groups are further split into another two groups to give us four basic types of homosexuals: Gay feminines, gay masculines, homosexual feminines and homosexual masculines.
The fundamental difference between the two groups is that Gays are born as such and their condition is physiological, while homosexuals become same sex attracted due to environmental factors in childhood.
Gayness, according to this theory is a physiological condition with a number of traits, one of which is emotional attraction to men. Gay behaviour is innate and not cultural according to this theory. Only minor differences exist between gay feminines and gay masculines. Gay masculines being essentially feminines who choose to extenuate their manliness.
Feminine homosexuals developed same sex attraction and gender identity issues in childhood, while Masculine homosexuals generally only developed same sex attraction. Homosexual masculines are the group that can be claimed to be a sexual orientation in the purest sense.
Gay feminines tend to have “gay” looking facial features and even in some cases body types, a gay accent, they are generally sexually submissive with a preoccupation with receptive anal sex. They tend to have a uniform personality type that seems to suggest a syndrome. Many may feel like women trapped in male bodies. Gay feminines who attempt to be “straight acting” are usually suspected of being gay anyway. Their attraction to men is largely emotional in nature.
Gay masculines are the men who while attempting to be as masculine as possible are still easily picked as gay. This group tends to be “butch”.
Feminine homosexuals: Possibly the most stereotypical “gay” group. They tend to have handsome or attractive (by general standards) features and masculine body types. However their behaviour, dress sense etc. give them away as “gay”. While they speak with the “gay” voice they are capable of not speaking with it and if in the closet can pass as straight. This group tends to be stylish and often involved in fashion. This is the group that women tend to be enamoured with.
Masculine Homosexuals are almost indistinguishable from heterosexual men. They are often and incorrectly referred to as “straight acting”. This group is the most closeted and many of this group will refer to themselves as bisexuals. They are attracted to men in the manner heterosexual men are attracted to women i.e very physical and visual. They are usually capable of having sex with women although will find this uninteresting. A fixation with oral sex is a common feature.
The theory is not black and white: For instance some gay feminines will be “straight acting” whereas some masculine homosexuals will attempt to behave in a camp manner if out of the closet.
thisisme33

Re: My theory on different types of homosexuality

Postby nimby » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Hmmm, pretty interesting theory. Where did you find it or did you develop it yourself? I'd be curious to know what group people put themselves in. If pressed, I'd put myself in the masculine homosexual box.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby thisisme33 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 am

nimby wrote:Hmmm, pretty interesting theory. Where did you find it or did you develop it yourself? I'd be curious to know what group people put themselves in. If pressed, I'd put myself in the masculine homosexual box.

It is my own theory. Should stress this is not about claiming some are better than others. I am generally attracted to other masculine homos (or at least guys I classify as such) but can be attracted to feminine homos, and generally work better with feminine homos in terms of relationships. Think I need the whole male/female polarity in romance.
thisisme33

Postby mickk3 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:28 am

that post made my head spaz... for a whole lot of reasons

sayin'
mickk3

Postby mrbrian200 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Attempting to group people into generalized categories is a dangerous activity, particularly when complex social factors are involved. Theorizing in areas to which you are personally affected or emotionally involved is a big "no no" in the world of psychology. No two people's life experiences are likely to be convergent enough in this particular area you are "investigating" to successfully generalize/categorize in such a manner with any reasonable accuracy. (Following is meant as a joke) Really now, if you think some guy is really that HOT you're wasting your time trying to figure him out from afar -> you're just going to have take the risk/say HI/get to know him.
My dachsund is cuter than your boyfriend.
mrbrian200

Postby Wee-Cat 1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi :)

I have to say this made for very interesting reading, and whilst I agree to some extent with what the person above has written about the 'No two people are the same" thing, I do believe now in this day and age that there are groups and categories of different kinds of people. Like if you just look at say all the people who live in your street, you might get 5 families with children, 2 black people, 1 person with ginger hair & 3 women with more than 6 cats. To some extent they all seem to fit into little groups if you get me, so i do believe that there may be groups within the gay community. :o

After reading your theories, (which are very well thought out and easy to digest) I'd classify myself somewhere in between (roughly 50% 1/2 & 1/2) a Feminine Homosexual & a Masculine Homosexual, so you can imagine the kinds of parties that go on in my head :roll: 8)
1 day I hate myself because of it, the next day i'm proud of being a 50/50!

I would love for one day just be able to look behind everyones thoughts and get an idea of what we're all thinking because it's super hard trying to establish wether a guys into you or wether you have a chance. You almost want to know if your alone by yourself just thinking "does he like me?" "what did he mean by that" "could that mean he's gay if he does/doesn't do something" or is it in fact the case that we're all sitting there in the room getting all those thoughts. I'm no psychologist but i certainly am not thick enough 2 not know the answer, because you know everyone is thinking thoughts, it's just a shame you can't look into ones that could get you a relationship! Nice theory man!
:mrgreen:
Wee-Cat 1993

Return to Users Forum