Straightacting.com Web hosting

Here's the place for the latest updates on what's going on with the site, and your place to leave your comments and thoughts about what we're doing.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty, Tom-SA

Straightacting.com Web hosting

Postby Tom-SA » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey all, I know this site is almost "dead" and I thank those that are over at the Facebook SA group for keeping it going.

I am up against a web hosting bill for this site again, it's been over a year since I asked for anything, but I have to decide whether to keep this domain online or just let the site and hosting go.

Please post your comments here. I am OK either way. I once had hope of re-expanding this site but I just don't have the funds to even keep it going much as less sink more money into it.

If anyone wants to help out with hosting fees, please send whatever you can to paypal e-mail zgca @ yahoo.com. I appreciate everyone's support and will continue to provide this site as long as I possibly can.

Thank you,

Tom -SA
Tom-SA
Site Admin

Re: Straightacting.com Web hosting

Postby olywaguy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:48 pm

As I mentioned on the FB page, I think there is still a very big need for this site. There is nothing like anywhere on the internet.

This site helped me come out to myself and all the people here were so great at helping me through that process.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Davy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:17 am

Tom, I mentioned this before in another thread but I'll say it again. I am running three forums and have plenty of room for another on my hosting account. I would be happy to donate those resources.
Davy

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:59 am

Boy it's been dead as a doornail the last month or so....I hope it's just the summer doldrums. If it was always like this, I would say let it go.

Maybe keep it going until the world ends....apparently in October. :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Tom -
I just read this string ~ sorry for the late posting, but I've been traveling.....PLEASE keep this site alive...it's one of the few that I've found that has any value....PM en route...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Tom-SA » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks everyone for the support through your PM's and messages. Still working out what to do... Will let everyone know.
Tom-SA
Site Admin

Postby Tom-SA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 pm

HEY EVERYONE!

Thanks to TWO very generous people I've been able to renew the website hosting plan.........so we're a GO for another year!

Who know's what will happen over that time, maybe we can pump some life back into this site--for me it's just lack of time to spend here but I really want to give a shout out and thank you to

GUINNESS FAN
AND
MADSGLEN

For their generous donations!!

Tom
Tom-SA
Site Admin

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 am

Way to go, you two

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks to the two who paid.

I feel so very sad for this site and, well, alot of sites out there. facebook and texting has really changed this world for the worst.

I went to a bonfire last night, I sit down, with my bottle of water. Better than half are on phones texting and playing games, some against eachother, it was the lamest sh*t i'd seen in a long time. I left after an hour and went for a drive.

I wish this site and a lot of others I am on would come back to life, I prefer the message board interaction much more than read what someone had for lunch 50 times.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:59 am

Yeah I see that at the mall alot....one kid will have a game out and 3 others sit and watch. I saw one lady with her laptop out looking for coupons. Everyone else is on the phone or texting.

Ridiculous world we live in.... :roll:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby J » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Earl Butz wrote:Yeah I see that at the mall alot....one kid will have a game out and 3 others sit and watch. I saw one lady with her laptop out looking for coupons. Everyone else is on the phone or texting.

Ridiculous world we live in.... :roll:

Funny you mention the mall. I was just thinking that this site kind of resembles a dead mall. You know, one that you used to go to a lot and was interesting, but now is all but empty besides a dollar store and some civic organization? However you look at it, SA.com is definitely on life support now.

I was planning to post my final entry on the 27th (my 10 year anniversary), but it doesn't really matter. To anyone still out there, it's been nice getting to know you. If for some strange reason you want to find me, you know where I am.

Goodbye!
J

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 am

Awww.....bye. It was nice talking to you. Yup. This place is like a dead mall. :(
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:08 am

Ya know guys, I'm really getting tired of all the whiners on here who complain too much about how this place is dying. That's what probably what killed this place. This place is what we make it. Shut up and contribute!!! Create a thread and make it controversal. Create a dialogue. Give your input. Too many people just can't be bothered. Live attracts life on these boards.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 am

nimby wrote:Ya know guys, I'm really getting tired of all the whiners on here who complain too much about how this place is dying. That's what probably what killed this place. This place is what we make it. Shut up and contribute!!! Create a thread and make it controversal. Create a dialogue. Give your input. Too many people just can't be bothered. Live attracts life on these boards.

Well put. And if that doesn't work, flame wars and personal attacks always seem to attract a crowd you butt head. :wink:

Seriously, some new and interesting threads (and not sh*t bumped from 2008) along with some "up-to-line-but-not-crossing-it" erection provoking, male eye-candy might be a good start. I'll do my part.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Rico wrote:Well put. And if that doesn't work, flame wars and personal attacks always seem to attract a crowd you butt head. :wink:

Seriously, some new and interesting threads (and not sh*t bumped from 2008) along with some "up-to-line-but-not-crossing-it" erection provoking, male eye-candy might be a good start. I'll do my part.

Oh yeah, well, well, Obama is a bad, bad man. So there!

And there's your eye candy!

Dumbass! :mrgreen:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:53 am

Another sign this place is dead: no new thread about 911. :(

Oh well. I guess I can go dig up the one from 2008. :P
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Why not? Everyone else seems to be. It isn't like the material's changed, in any case. Perhaps we're just getting on with our lives rather than wallowing in self-pity. I assure you, I never forget. I work in public transportation.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Tom-SA wrote:HEY EVERYONE!

Thanks to TWO very generous people I've been able to renew the website hosting plan.........so we're a GO for another year!

Who know's what will happen over that time, maybe we can pump some life back into this site--for me it's just lack of time to spend here but I really want to give a shout out and thank you to

GUINNESS FAN
AND
MADSGLEN

For their generous donations!!

Tom

A belated but big thank you to Guiness and Madsglen for the contribution to keep this site going. Tom, I appreciate your efforts too and also understand your lack of time to spend here, but as far as pumping "some life back into this site" and if that's what you really want, it might more likely happen if you delegate that task to an entirely new and fresh group of administrators and moderators....certainly with some exceptions.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Return to SA News