Are You A Man?

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Do you think of yourself as a man? Please read first post before voting.

Yes - In day to day life I think of myself as a man.
83%
No - In day to day life I do not think of myself as a man.
17%

Total votes : 24

Re: Are You A Man?

Postby nimby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Yea, you sound like a man to me. And a pretty cool one at that. :D
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm

well body wise, i think im still a boy. im not that tall, pretty skinny, medium legnthed hair...everything that reminds me of a guy in his teens but that is what i am.
mentally i think i am a man, i think my internal mechanations of thought reflect maturity & masculinity much better than the presence that can be felt around me. in the words i speak, in the decisions i make, and in my logical abilities. I see being a man as more of a maturity type of thing, as well as good portion on the 'masculine' side, but thats not really preconceived to be the same for everyone.

I find myself in a hurry to physically age, to get bigger, or grow facial hair and such, because i still feel like a kid.
My appearance & self image don't match up. I am not pleased by this & wait till the day they will...
Another thing, i dont feel i will truly be a man till im completely self actualized. My life is void of many things considered meaningful, a job, an education & a family. etc...
Im at a loss, but i guess not.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby J » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:40 pm

I never really thought of it as a subject to lose sleep over (I'm insonmiated enough as it is). The subject of this post Are you a man? is something I'll give the most literal response possible (that I can think of).
1) Am I 18 or older? (yes)
2) Am I capable of #1 while standing? (yes)
Easy enough. For some people. I like to look at most things literally. It's when it becomes figurative and the "requirements" (if you want to call them that) become fuzzy and complex, there can be a lot of difference of opinion. But again, it's not something that's on my mind often (maybe moreso in the past), so as far as I'm concerned, whatever makes you happy, or sounds right to you, that's probably the way to go.
J

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:43 pm

J wrote:I never really thought of it as a subject to lose sleep over (I'm insonmiated enough as it is). The subject of this post Are you a man? is something I'll give the most literal response possible (that I can think of).
1) Am I 18 or older? (yes)
2) Am I capable of #1 while standing? (yes)
Easy enough. For some people. I like to look at most things literally. It's when it becomes figurative and the "requirements" (if you want to call them that) become fuzzy and complex, there can be a lot of difference of opinion. But again, it's not something that's on my mind often (maybe moreso in the past), so as far as I'm concerned, whatever makes you happy, or sounds right to you, that's probably the way to go.

Well then by your terms I am definitely a man, and it makes me happy to think that too...
Im permanently insomniated but my body is used to it.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby EverydayGuy9 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:53 am

I have to read this with curiosity. I do feel like a man but I cry.. I feel... I bake a mean chocolate cake with all of the trimmings lol..I polish my fingernails and shave the hair on my body....I primp.... I wear sheer lip gloss ....and yet I have a generous pair of family jewels.... I must be a man.... I do all of the things that society says that a man shouldn't.
You know what they say: You can't teach a gay dog straight tricks. ~Trey Parker & Matt StoneImage
EverydayGuy9

Previous

Return to Internal Affairs