Origin of Homosexuality

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Origin of Homosexuality

Postby catapult » Mon May 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Interesting article about a proposed cause of homosexuality in the developing brain.

http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html

He's saying there is evidence we were caused by maternal stress during pregnancy.
catapult

Re: Origin of Homosexuality

Postby catapult » Tue May 15, 2012 9:09 pm

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/n ... /Rana.html

There are numerous problems with Levay's study sited above which have clouded the reliability of his findings regarding the correlation of INAH 3 volume and sexual orientation
catapult

Postby nimby » Fri May 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm beginning to no longer care WHY one is gay. It's the great divive in most cases and will never be answered to anyone's satisfaction. If you want to conquer homophobia, then go after the source of homophobia. Now what is the main source of homophobia? :shock:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby furface » Fri May 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Religion!
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby catapult » Fri May 18, 2012 3:48 pm

I honestly believe the main source of Homophobia is straight folks' aversion to anal sex. And maybe them getting freaked out by guys acting like girls.
catapult

Postby nimby » Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

furface wrote:Religion!

I have to agree. But do we have the right to discredit their religion? Do we even want to open that pandora's box?
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

catapult wrote:I honestly believe the main source of Homophobia is straight folks' aversion to anal sex. And maybe them getting freaked out by guys acting like girls.

I don't know if it's anal sex. Lots of straight folks have anal sex too. even straight men are getting into butt play. It really is the last frontier of sexuality for men. Besides, in many cultures around the world, being the pitcher in m/m sex isn't gay, just the catcher (go figure that one out).

No, I think it's the religious right. Sadly, I doubt the majority have even cracked open a bible, let alone actually research how it was put together in the first place. Start digging that sh*t up and they call you a heretic and a heathen. No, facts don't interest these folks. Though I'm a Christian, I don't put too much stock into today's version of the bible. There is lots of actual proof that Today's version is very far fron the actual teachings of Christ. Today's christianity is not Christ's teachings.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby catapult » Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Among my non-religious "friends" it is the repulsion and "unnaturalness" of anal sex that makes them look down on gays and homosexuality. I tell them that 40% of straights probably including their dear ol' Mom and Dad have tried it and 20% do it regularly and some even prefer it.

And most straights get the media-fed stereotype flaming, flamboyant or in-your-face, militant gays on their TV screens. That doesn't help either.

I agree that we also get it just from the Bible-thumpers. Some of them may be otherwise good folks, but if it says abomination, they have to go along with it, despite all the other crazy stuff in the Bible that they would NEVER go along with!

In time, as the old guard and flat-earth folks die out and science finally verifies that 10% homosexual is natural in the species, this issue will go the way of left-handers.

They say attitudes are changing mainly because more and more gays are coming out and therefore more and more straights find they have friends and relatives who are perfectly normal - except for their sexual orientation, which while not the norm, is not unnatural for this species and many others.
catapult

Return to Internal Affairs