"But a man and woman are more natural anatomically."

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

"But a man and woman are more natural anatomically."

Postby catapult » Tue May 01, 2012 11:33 am

What is the best comeback or argument or sound byte when someone throws out the ol' "But a man and woman are more natural anatomically."

I'm not satisfied with the line that there are gay sheep and other animals that are homosexual. People will just point out that animals kill, sometimes cruelly. Does that mean it's natural for humans?

How about: Millions of straights enjoy oral and anal sex, so why don't you condemn them along with your condemnation for the unnaturalness of same sex sex?

Or: Just because penis-vagina sex can create a baby doesn't make it the only "natural" way to have sex.

Not sure if any of these will satisfy the hard-liners.

I think it's good if we have good arguments or explanations - if only for the young, confused gays lacking in self-esteem or confidence in their homosexuality who end up offing themselves because they are not on solid ground with the origin and knowledge of their homosexuality.

I don't buy it when uppity gays say "I don't need to explain it or defend it. That's just the way it is - shove it!" It's that in-your-face mentality that has drawn the battle lines so strongly. Most breeders will come around with the proper education and/or when they discover a perfectly normal loved one who happens to be gay. Look at Dick Cheney. He would be a monster against gays if he didn't happen to have a gay daughter.
catapult

Re: "But a man and woman are more natural anatomically."

Postby nimby » Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

How about this one...

"If it's not natural, then why did God put the guy's g-spot in his butt?" I love that one. 8)
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Tue May 01, 2012 3:54 pm

^^^ Or any port in a storm...^^^
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Wed May 02, 2012 6:10 am

I think ignoring people is a good tactic sometimes. Life is too short to be fighting battles all the time.

eg. Kirk Cameron thinks gay marriage is wrong

so who cares..... :roll:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby catapult » Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 am

Earl Butz wrote:I think ignoring people is a good tactic sometimes. Life is too short to be fighting battles all the time.

eg. Kirk Cameron thinks gay marriage is wrong

so who cares..... :roll:

Maybe the young gay kid who idolizes Kirk Cameron cares and is hurt by it, and that combined with some other things leads him to kill himself. Maybe what Kirk Cameron says encourages bullies to do more bullying.

True, it may be impossible to change Kirk Cameron's mind, but in challenging him and debating him, many other more reasonable people are educated about homosexualtiy and persuaded to at least be more tolerant than Kirk Cameron, and the young gay kid also learns why his idol, Kirk Cameron is wrong and it is okay to be gay.
catapult

Return to Internal Affairs