Loneliness

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Loneliness

Postby medic » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:17 pm

How do you guys survive being lonely? I have been for longer than anyone would believe.
Dont let the bastards win!
medic

Re: Loneliness

Postby Rico » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 am

Medic: We've all felt loneliness at one time or another. Loneliness is a state of mind. One can have a lover, a partner, a spouse, kids and many friends and still feel lonely. I've known people with all of these and who often feel lonely. Being alone is entirely different. Which is it for you? It might help some answer your question. What are you feeling?

All the best,
Rico
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby medic » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:30 pm

I am an only child so I have been alone for most of my life. Had a large group of friends, lost to HIV. never had a lover.. Never quite got those friends back, school, work you know life. Still no lover. Don't get out much. Older. Job takes a lot as does studying biochem. Lol. Watching friends hook up. Get mates, straight and gay. Not a big social life. All this makes one very lonely
Dont let the bastards win!
medic

Postby Rico » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 pm

medic wrote:I am an only child so I have been alone for most of my life. Had a large group of friends, lost to HIV. never had a lover.. Never quite got those friends back, school, work you know life. Still no lover. Don't get out much. Older. Job takes a lot as does studying biochem. Lol. Watching friends hook up. Get mates, straight and gay. Not a big social life. All this makes one very lonely

Thanks for the answer. I get it...especially with keeping busy with the job. I've learned that lots of activity is no cure for loneliness....only helps to forget about it. Sorry to follow up with another question...what are you looking for?
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Sweeet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:10 pm

I was also the only child so I got use to being alone. My parents died when I was in my teens. The sad thing is that since I have no siblings, I could never really relate to people. I was in the military for 20 years and although I've met thousands of people, I only have about three friends (and they don't really know me). I'm not antin-social. I just find it hard to relate.

There is a difference between loneliness and being alone. Having people in your life but not having them around is being lonely. But to not have anyone in your life you feel connected to, is being alone. It's a deeper and at time feels darker. It's quiet.

The answer is in your question, you survive. Continue living (without excuses). Since it is what you make it, make it fun. "Eat well and grow strong."
Different men often see the same subjects in different lights; and, therefore, I hope that it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do, speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.-PH
Sweeet

Return to Internal Affairs