Sexual Harassment

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Sexual Harassment

Postby Sweeet » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:32 pm

I initially posted this in the Military section since the situation involved the Military. But, since it also involved civilians as well, I'll post it here as well.

A situation happened where someone reported he was Sexual Harassed by a male co-worker. Some interesting things happened as a result. Just looking for some other points of view.

Would you report to your supervisor if you were Sexually Harassed by a male co-worker? (Senior male co-worker?)

If one of your male subordinates came to you and said he was being Sexually Harassed by a male superior, what would you do? Even if the harasser was senior to you.

When you hear about men being Sexual Harassed by men, what is your first thought?
Different men often see the same subjects in different lights; and, therefore, I hope that it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do, speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.-PH
Sweeet

Re: Sexual Harassment

Postby nimby » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:08 pm

If I was being harassed, I'd try to handle it first. If no results then I'd report it to my supervisor. If an employee came to me and said he was being harassed, I'd encourage him to try and resolve it first, then take it up if no results.

What's my first thought about the topic? It happens. Why wouldn't it?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Re: Sexual Harassment

Postby Phoenix6570 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:38 pm

I kinda had a an experience like this not to long ago. I would just try to work it out to the best of my ability. If things got to the point where it was out of my control than I would go to a supervisor about it. In a situation like that its best to take some type of action sooner than later. If you just wait things may spiral out of control quickly.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Return to Internal Affairs