Do you think Gays are "Special?"

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Postby catapult » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 pm

That is, are we just normal human beings with an "abnormal" (but natural) sexual orientation? Or is there something different spiritually, or cosmically, about us?

How important is it to be part of a gay "community?" Or is it good enough to find a gay mate and soul mate and go your way in the otherwise straight world?

I don't mean gay community necessarily for activism or politics, but for self evolution or for exploring, cultivating and fulfilling whatever "special" purpose we might have.

Is being gay a calling, a vocation, your dharma?

Or is it just like being left-handed? No big deal. No need for a community of left-handers?
catapult

Re: Do you think Gays are "Special?"

Postby Schlodesss » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:33 am

I honestly don't think it's anything special, I think it's a natural form of population control, and humans were the ones who took it and blew it up big, way out of proportion and made it many things it isn't supposed to be [bad, good, evil, gifted etc].

People have a way of taking something that just is, and shouldn't be a huge deal and twisting it making big deal out of nothing.

I don't even like the terms applied ot being straight or gay or straight communities or gay communities.. it gives me this feeling of "us vs. them" and I guess in some cases it very well may be, but nature never intended it to be that way.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby catapult » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 am

Yeah, we even made too much out of being left-handed! Kids were punished and made to change to right-handed. Some left hands were cut off!

Not to mention how we made too much out of skin color!

So much ignorance in the world.

How can we be so far advanced technologically and still so barbaric in other matters?
catapult

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I like the spiritual angle. Native Indians use the term "two spirited" ie. we are blessed with female spirits. I'm also left handed and I dealt with that the same way. No big deal, and perfectly natural and "normal".

It's all part of being human. Different colors, different languages, different food, different everything. But ultimately we are all the same. We all have the same hopes, dreams, wants and needs.

So, no we are not special or different at all.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:56 pm

I like the theory that gays are just reincarnated to the opposite sex of what they were in their previous life. That makes as much sense as anything else to me.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 am

I like that theory Nimby I think that's an interesting view on it. Being gay is nothing special in my opinion. I am what I am and I happen to be gay. Being gay doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Return to Internal Affairs