Doomsday: December 21, 2012

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Doomsday: December 21, 2012

Postby olywaguy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

Someone on the Q and A thread in the Entertainment forum asked if people believed the world would end on December 21, 2012.

I then posed the question, "If you believe Dec. 21, 2012 is doomsday, how would you spend the last day of your life?"

So, how would you spend your last hours on earth?
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Re: Doomsday: December 21, 2012

Postby J » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Despite this false prophecy (I believe civilization will end when we're not expecting it), if I had one day left, what else could I do except say goodbye to everyone who meant a lot to me and PRAY FOR SALVATION.
J

Postby butch » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Light up a doobie and watch the idiots running around in circles.

This planet needs a good housecleaning. We need to lose at least 4 billion people to set things right.

For those who want to "end it" the easiest recommended way is a bottle of helium and a mask attachment. So, best stock up before the supplies run out. The descriptions in Revelations are pretty dead on as regards what might precede "the end", as it were. Should be lots of rumblings in the Earth, the sea should turn black... yadda yadda. If it's an asteroid, there may be no warning at all. If it doesn't hit you directly, you should see a wall of dust a mile high coming at you with no sound, then you will be instantly vaporized. If it's a CME (supersized sunspot) there will be no warning. You will be instantly dead... or wish you were. You should die of radiation sickness within the hour.

Did you know that Yellowstone Park is a large crater, about 40 miles across? Geologists estimate it last blew about 600,000 years ago and wiped out what would now be the U.S. of A. It's about due to blow again by many estimates. There should be about a week's worth of warning. That will remove the U.S.A. and much of Canada from the global party for about a century or ten, and the rest of the world should collapse under the ice age that will result. The Sahara will, once again, become a nice place to live... if anyone is still alive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no guilt and need no salvation, and I don't promise to be nice to anyone I don't like. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

butch wrote:Light up a doobie and watch the idiots running around in circles.

This planet needs a good housecleaning. We need to lose at least 4 billion people to set things right.

For those who want to "end it" the easiest recommended way is a bottle of helium and a mask attachment.

This...

Except my "doobie" would be something else of the prescription variety.

Also have all the helium stuff here on tap just incase I get into a mood.. :?
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Rico » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:01 pm

butch wrote:This planet needs a good housecleaning. We need to lose at least 4 billion people to set things right.

I read a similar quote in a journal once when I was researching a paper on sociopathic thinking. Thanks for the memory jogger.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby michaelk69 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:10 am

get in bed with the boyf, turn on CNN, and snuggle, i guess?
michaelk69

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:34 am

butch wrote:Light up a doobie and watch the idiots running around in circles.

^ Basically this. Its my friends birthday on that day so I'll probably be chillin with her drinking and having fun. If I'm gonna die I'm going out with a smile on my face. :D
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 pm

My understanding is that that date will not be a dooms day, the end of the world period. It will simply be a day the world we know now will change. I for one am really looking forwad to it. I feel anything different from what we have now will be better.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby Cajun » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Careful what you wish for - we could do a WHOLE lot worse than we're doing now..... :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby J » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Cajun wrote:Careful what you wish for - we could do a WHOLE lot worse than we're doing now..... :wink:

Counter point (think "Airplane!" JK, LOL): We could do a WHOLE lot better than we are dong now too! :mrgreen: 8) :wink:
J

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:54 am

12 21 12....don't think it will be doomsday....but it's kinda fun to imagine! :P

Let's see....I would surf the internet one last time....say goodbye to family....and then....I dunno...masturbate? :mrgreen:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:51 pm

NOTHING is gonna happen. :roll:

I am gonna go on recordnow saying so. Except for mass panic and sheepery..

I am going to make millions selling 2012 kits. The idea is patented, so don't even. I'm so jealous of the $ people made off Y2K and now I have my chance!
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Cajun » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Schlodesss wrote:NOTHING is gonna happen. :roll:

I am gonna go on recordnow saying so. Except for mass panic and sheepery..

I am going to make millions selling 2012 kits. The idea is patented, so don't even. I'm so jealous of the $ people made off Y2K and now I have my chance!

Sheepery???

What DO you people do up there during the long cold winters? Never mind, I don't wanna know...... :roll:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby nimby » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Cajun wrote:Sheepery???

What DO you people do up there during the long cold winters? Never mind, I don't wanna know...... :roll:

Oh, that's so Baaa aaaa aaaaa d.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Well, there's hockey, and snowboarding, and skiing and snowball fights outdoors... and a great excuse to get beneath the blankets with someone.

As regards the winter solstice in 2012, it's too bad the Spanish wiped out the Mayan culture, even if the Mayans were a bit violent a culture, they seemed to have some ideas we don't understand in western (post European) culture. Their calendar was not based on the sun, so they seemed to have some quite interesting ideas we don't grasp.

My understanding of it all is that 2012 will mark a new beginning for the planet, not an end, but it will be a major shift in everything from climate to, mainly, world consciousness. It should be interesting.

As I see it, the planet can not continue upon the dangerous course we are presently following. Our planet is on a course of very certain disaster for all of us, so a change will be welcome news to me.

In any event, the Mayan calendar seems to suggest a major shift in collective conscience. It's not too far away and I expect it will become fodder for the newscasters who are always in need of something to rant on about.

I expect we're going to hear a lot about this (2012) date over the next 2 years.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Well I can't find any men that will have me... so.... :?

Cajun wrote:
Schlodesss wrote:
Sheepery???

--------------
Schlodesss

Postby nimby » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Personally, I hope something does happen. The entire human race does need a shift in consciousness. Corporate greed is ruining mankind. I say BRING-IT-ON!
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:04 pm

nimby wrote:Personally, I hope something does happen. The entire human race does need a shift in consciousness. Corporate greed is ruining mankind. I say BRING-IT-ON!

Ya these are the kinds of changes I'm hoping for! Things like Google and the like spying on me everytime I'm on the internet. Get OUT Big Brother!
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am

Gee this topic went dormant for three years.

Well now we're almost there! The experts seem to think nothing will happen, so I would get ready for an earthquake or a soo nammy or something. Stock up on beans, and make sure you have a loaded gun ready. :P
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby matinee » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:46 pm

According to the pope it is already 2019. No doomsday for you!
matinee

Postby olywaguy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 am

Well, on December 21, I will be spending the Christmas holidays with my family. So, if something happens, I will be with them when it does. No better way to go.

I am from Honduras where there was a Mayan city in the western side of the country (bordering Guatemala) called Copan. The Mayans weren't obliterated by the Spanish,they just left their settlements and disappeared. However there are quite a few native people still around...possibly descendants of the Mayans still in Honduras.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby nimby » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 pm

On December 21 I'm having an End Of The World/Happy Birthday party for a special friend. If it happens, we'll go out with a bang, nekkers in the hot tub :D .
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:27 pm

nimby wrote:Personally, I hope something does happen. The entire human race does need a shift in consciousness. Corporate greed is ruining mankind. I say BRING-IT-ON!

Yeah. I can't really sense any improvements now that the old world has "ended". What a crock. :?
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Yeah, what a disappointment! Still here clinging to this rock. :lol:
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 am

Yep. Still out in the backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy... :)
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Next

Return to Internal Affairs