What to do with people who change plans at the last minute..

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

What to do with people who change plans at the last minute..

Postby nimby » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Ok, here's a question for ya'll:

I've had people cancel on me again at the last minute. And I'm getting kind of tired of it. Is this acceptable now a days? We make plans weeks in advance only to have them cancel at the last minute for one reason or another. How's best to deal with it? Politely confront them, throw a hissy fit or just let it alone. I was always taught to stick to your plans unless it's a emergency. How would you handle the situation?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Cachasa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:22 pm

There seems to be a lot of really inconsiderate self-entitled people these days...

I used to have a friend like that, one day she was 45 minutes late for a lunch meeting. That was the final straw.

I just cut her off completely and haven't spoken to her since.

Another potential friend started doing similar inconsiderate things so I just stoped returing their calls and talking to them altogether.

That's really cold I know, but it's better than dealing with people's inconsiderate bullshit. Personally I have grown to have absolutely no tolerance for it.
Cachasa

Re: What to do with people who change plans at the last minute..

Postby jkav » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:35 pm

It's such bad manners to bail on someone at the last minute when plans have been set for weeks. I've been in your shoes before, and I just stopped inviting him out.
A trip into the unknown is always something that can make us happy.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby Cajun » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 am

Once went out with a guy who announced on our first date that he "always showed up late, so that he knew that he was on everyone's mind when he made an appearance".... WTF???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Needless to say, he was dealt with accordingly - Mr. Latecomer, meet Mr. Curb :lol:

I don't hang with people who are late - period. Most of ya'll already know that by now....... :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:44 pm

^ That guy sounds like a guy who likes to stroke his ego. Not cool
I never cancel, or change unless its urgent. I usually show up a bit early for everything, because I give myself extra time just in case there is an accident on the road or something unfortunate is to happen along the way.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby michaelk69 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:13 am

I think it is kind of like a bad experience at a restaurant. So, OK, maybe it was an off-night, so it's always best to give them another chance. But after a second bad experience? Bah, forget it. Plenty of restaurants out there, and plenty of men. And it's not just about the inconvenience that it causes you, but more about the attitude behind it, i.e. that the guy isn't really respecting you properly, nor is he giving you the consideration that you deserve.

That attitude may start out by manifesting itself in late arrivals and cancellations, but down the road it can lead to even more problems . .. respect and consideration are key to making a relationship work.

By all means, give him a chance, or even three if he genuinely seems like a decent guy, but if his bad behavior continues then it's time to call it quits, in my opinion ...
michaelk69

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:28 pm

If you do keep giving chances make sure he knows they're half-hearted. You need to watch out for it.

You know what? Why not just go find someone better? As michael said, plenty of restaurants plenty of guys.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Return to Internal Affairs