Anal sex laws

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Anal sex laws

Postby Cachasa » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:08 am

In Canada, in order to consent to anal sex a person must be 18 years old. Some activists think this is homophobic because to consent to other sexual activity like vaginal sex, oral sex, petting...ect, a person only has to be 16.

I actually support the current law because anal sex is a much higher risk sexual activity then he other forms. It's a lot easier to catch HIV and other STI's when you do it. For that reason only adults should be able to consent to the activity.

Also, I don't like how the activists (at least up here) paint anal sex as "gay sex". The anal sex law applies to everyone here, male, female, trans, straight, bi... Also there's other things we gay men do, are those not really gay sex? I guess not.
Cachasa

Re: Anal sex laws

Postby LtotheP » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Cachasa wrote:In Canada, in order to consent to anal sex a person must be 18 years old. Some activists think this is homophobic because to consent to other sexual activity like vaginal sex, oral sex, petting...ect, a person only has to be 16.

I actually support the current law because anal sex is a much higher risk sexual activity then he other forms. It's a lot easier to catch HIV and other STI's when you do it. For that reason only adults should be able to consent to the activity.

Also, I don't like how the activists (at least up here) paint anal sex as "gay sex". The anal sex law applies to everyone here, male, female, trans, straight, bi... Also there's other things we gay men do, are those not really gay sex? I guess not.

S. 159 of the Criminal Code (if memory serves me right) should be repealed. While anal sex is very risky - all sex is. Vaginal sex can lead to pregnancy that is also a huge risk that I would very much argue is greater than anal sex all together.
LtotheP

Postby Odeh » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:33 pm

The laws are still based upon heterosexual concepts that real sex must
always involve something inserted in a hole..
Odeh

Return to Internal Affairs