Paranormal experiences ...

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Re: Paranormal experiences ...

Postby nimby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:36 pm

I think you answered yourself in the first sentence. You explain everything away. If the explaination fits your pardigm, then that's the only answer, and that's it.

Also I think people today are getting smarter. The kids today sure are. Thus the marketing companies have to come up with even more smarter ways to grab their attention. The bigbillification campaign by Solo is a spoof of the pop culture trend to give everything an identity of it's own (ie: Brangelina, Bennifer, Tomkat). Just a spoof. That's all.

Now take a deep breath :D .
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby carguy60 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm

Has anybody ever had a reading by a medium? I have and it was very interesting! A local medium does group readings on a monthly basis and shortly after my father died in 2006, I attended one of these readings. The group was about 30 middle-aged women and me, and lasted about 2 hours. The medium explains how things work and then brings the spirits forward. I listened intently for an hour and a half to the other readings and then it happened. She had a female with a "L" name who was dressed in a red blazer and had a "Michael" connection. I knew this was my Aunt Louise! She often wore her favorite red blazer and had a grandson, Michael, who I knew was her favorite. His daughter is Michaelina and his cousin Emily married a Michael and had a son named Michael. Yeah, I knew that was for me!

My aunt then brought my father through, which began a very emotional experience. My ultra-conservative father was more of a provider than a parent. He never showed me any love and I spent my entire life seeking his approval, which I never got. I could never tell him I was gay as I knew he would never accept me as a gay man. Anyway, lots of things came out, things that no one else knew. And yes, it came out that he knew I was gay! By now, I was in tears and an emotional wreck. Then the medium told me she saw a bright purple aura around me, which is quite unusual. She said these were spirits there to support me. Wow, I'll never forget that experience!

Last year, I went back for another reading and this time there were a few other guys besides me. I didn't get a reading this time (there's no guarantee you'll get one) but the other readings were very interesting. One woman had her husband come through. He had been murdered and was giving her information on who his murderer was. One older man, who was there with his wife, got a visit from an old girlfriend from back in the '50s! It took him a long time to realize who it was, but the girlfriend was persistant and wouldn't give up until he ackowledged the connection.

So, if you ever have the opportunity to go to a reading by a medium, be open minded and give it a try. You never know who you might bump in to!
carguy60

Postby nimby » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 am

Wow. How wonderful for you!!! What an amazing experience. I too so believe that our loved ones on the other side work for us for our benefit, whether we can see it or not on this side. Some times it the only thing that keeps me going. When I've had all I can take (of which the limits are being tested on a daily basis for me right now), I just throw up my hands and say, "Whatever! I can only handle so much." Then, somehow it all workd out. Not always in my favour, but most definitely for the better. I have total faith.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Tygrrrr » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Last September my family was up in Asheville, NC. While there we took a Haunted Tour of the downtown area. It was a walking tour. One of the stop is now a parking lot, but many, many, many years ago it was where hangings took place. The tour guide told us how several people feel like the gravity is very pronounced, at that site. I didn't feel that, but did feel something else. To me it felt like something was pulling at my right leg. Like it was trying to pull me under the pavement, into the ground. The feeling wasn't so strong that I couldn't move, but felt very real. As I told my mom and the guide, I could feel the "tugging" abate. After about a minute or so, the feeling was gone.

When I was a kid, especially in late single digits through teens, I had numerous out of body experiences. I would be sitting in a chair, but could feel myself up near the ceiling looking down at myself. The thing is I could feel myself, in the chair, at the same time. I've only had a few of these experiences as an adult. I can't remember when the last one was, but it was in the last six years or so. I know it was in this house, and I bought it 6 1/2 years ago. I know if I were to try to do so, I'd probably be able to do it again. It isn't like I can do so at will, but I remember it wasn't difficult to have the out of body experience. They would only happen when I was alone, never anyone around.

The first Thanksgiving after my dad died, while we were eating dinner, I briefly felt my dad in the room. It was only for a few seconds, but he was definitely in the room. I could feel him touch me, then just disappear.
Change you can believe in.

Translation - Pocket change is all you'll have left. You can believe in that!
Tygrrrr

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 pm

I had something creepy happen to me last night. A little bit of backstory first; my roommate has this radio that will randomly turn on by itself. I've witnessed this happen a few times but never thought anything of it. So last night I was walking toward the living room (where the radio is located and it was pitch black in there) and heard it was on. As I got closer to the living room it suddenly shut off. This is when I got freaked out I waited a few moments to see if I could hear anything. I thought maybe one of my roommates heard it and turned it off, but heard nothing excepts for footsteps from upstairs. It was probably just a freak situation, but it bugged me out.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:56 pm

So, if it's a "plug-in" type of radio, I suggest you toss it immediately... it may be a fire hazard.

I know a LOT about radios and it is not a paranormal problem, it's a potential/actual short circuit which may cause a fire... and then you will be dead and can experience the paranormal first-hand as a ghost.

The off/on is being caused by physical vibration of the Off/on switch, or a short circuit in the power supply transformer, or a break in the power supply line which could be in the actual plug (very, very dangerous) or the input wire... also dangerous.

If it is battery powered, the risk is much lower, or non-existent. It's just a cheapo radio. So toss the radio in the garbage (or better yet take it to a recycling centre) or have it repaired (which will likely cost more than a new radio).

My first boyfriend's parents nearly lost their home when their TV set caught fire while they were out... short circuit they didn't pay attention to.

There is no such thing as paranormal... only ignorant people. (ignorance is NOT KNOWING...lack of knowledge)
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:20 pm

butch wrote:There is no such thing as paranormal... only ignorant people. (ignorance is NOT KNOWING...lack of knowledge)

Dude, do you purposely try to kill threads?
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm a bastard, aren't I? Butch doesn't give a crap.

Richard Dawkins (http://youtube.com/richarddawkins)says we need more militant atheists and I stretch it even farther. This world is a barbaric wasteland of ignorance and stupidity and I feel the need to stand up and shout "hello... there is some intelligent life on the planet".

I hope. Maybe all is lost and the planet really is a collection of idiots waiting for a global disaster to set things right. I shudder to think how many people actually believe in all that superstitious nonsense. Hasn't anyone studied science, at all? I guess I really do feel the need to shout it out as often as possible... THERE IS NO MAGIC, THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS GHOSTS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PARANORMAL PHENOMENA. I said it, I mean it. Someone has to do it.

I really am on the wrong planet.

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 am

I'd be a good candidate for hypnotism. I talk, even yell in my sleep. :mrgreen:

One time I had a dream about a snake chasing me. It was really happening! I fell out of bed trying to get away from it! Hit my head on the night table and everything. :lol:

I tend to agree with Butch. We're still in relatively prehistoric times. Barbaric wasteland of stupidity might be a little overstatement, but not much. :?
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 am

Earl Butz wrote:One time I had a dream about a snake chasing me. It was really happening! I fell out of bed trying to get away from it! Hit my head on the night table and everything. :lol:

Boy, could we have fun interpreting that dream!!!!!
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 am

Earl Butz wrote:

One time I had a dream about a snake chasing me. It was really happening! I fell out of bed trying to get away from it! Hit my head on the night table and everything. :lol:

I had a similar experience in a deam before too. I was a detective being chased and shot at I jumped aside to try to dodge a bullet. Well I woke up about 3 feet from my bed on the floor! :lol:
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 am

One of the wierdest dreams I ever had was that I banged Barbara Striesand, then went out and shot her horse. :o
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Ok now this is weird I went in to edit my post above but instead of editing, it posted both my original and edited post. It's like deja vu :shock: LOL! Now it won't let me go in to delete either of those post. WOW! a force greater than me :twisted: If I wake up dead tomorrow you'll know some paranormal force got me! :shock:
Daknee

Postby furface » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Pooof!

Does that make me paranormal? :mrgreen: Or just a higher power? :lol:
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby DeckApe » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Or just excelling at poofiness? :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 pm

A computer Wizzard :wink: