Paranormal experiences ...

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

Paranormal experiences ...

Postby nimby » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:27 am

Hiya guys

I've been wondering as to whether gay guys, who in my humble opinion, are more enlightened to certian subjects and more sensitive to human emotion than the average Joe, are also more sensitive to things of a paranormal nature.

I'd like to start a thread where we can tell of remarkable experiences that have really no expalination. Now I don't want this to turn into a belief bashing thread and scream scientific facts all around. Just experiences, no matter how trivial, are hoped for. I have tons.

I like to share my experiences because it makes me feel more connected with people, even if it is anonamous (or rather it's because of?)

Is anyone else here game? I'll go first if you want.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:45 pm

I've had one or two experiences in my life that I can't really explain. But since I don't know everything about everything, I can't discount the liklihood of a rational explanation.

I WILL say that I've met way more gullible people than I've ever seen paranormal events. When confronted with "the unexplained," I tend to chalk it up to the observer being, if not a flake, at least a human prone to misinterpretation just like the rest of us.
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 pm

I guessed the exact amounts both of the players would bid in Showcase Showdown on the Price is Right last week ($26k for a Party Boat, New Living Room and Swimsuits / $32k for New Kitchen, New Car and Trip to Thailand). But I think that is more of a commentary on my pathetic life than anything else.

I've never had what I could call a paranormal experience. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 am

I've had a couple of occasions where I have had a sense of deja-vu. A feeling that I've been at a certain place before or a feeling of familiarity with that place.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby nimby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:24 pm

True stroy:

A few months ago I was lying in bed sleeping when I felt my wife climb on my back and proceed to give me an early morning massage. Now she has never done this before, but it felt so good; deep and slightly rough. Absolutely awsome. As she slowly moved down my back, it got firmer and deeper, yet, slightly more gentle than before.

I just laid there in complete extasy as I felt her go to work on my butt muscles, when all of a sudden the lights flashed on and I saw her standing at the door. She was asking if I planned on getting up? What the heck? As I started to come around, something brushed my cheek and wispered in my ear, "I am Peter." There was no one else in the room.

Not a clue what happened there, but like I said, it was awsome, and I'm still waiting for whomever it was to come back and finish the job.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:17 pm

In my kitchen I have these toy like watermelon decorations sitting on a self (there usual place). One morning when I woke up and went into the kitchen there were on the stove top which is clear accross the room where the shelf is. I live alone. The only thing that might "normally" explain this is me sleep walking, which I have never, then or since been known to do.
Daknee

Paranormal...

Postby leatherdruid » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:13 pm

I grew up in a house that according to the local record was the site where three witches were dispatched to put it kindly. There were many people that came to the place just because they were skeptics and a lot of people who left believers.

The one most observable event occurred in our library. It was a very small room with one door in and windows on two walls. My Mom had installed shelving bracket over the windows so that she could put up more of her beloved plants. We noticed that there was one of our cats, black of course, that liked to sit on the shelves and look out at the birds by day. We also noticed, we thought, that the cat liked to site there at night because when you walked up to the door there were two glowing eyes staring back at you.

The problem with this was, being kids, we wanted to catch the cat so we could play with her. We tried everything we could think of to get her but it seemed like she managed to make it out of the doorway when we turned on the lights. It got to the point that we worked in a team of three. One guarding the doorway and two to search the room.

We tore that room apart six ways from Sunday and there was never any cat in it.

Then again when we really started looking at them we realized that the eyes were always red and not the green flash you get from a cats eyes at night.

None of us fucked with the room after that.
Be yourself in thought word and deed or be nothing!
leatherdruid

Postby solitaryman1969 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm

About 20 years ago, one of my cousins was murdered...very long story, and one day we had all gathered at my parent's house and began reminscing about him in coversation.

Out of the blue, the dog's water that was in the kitchen came flying across the hallway and into the entrance of the living room.

No one was in the kitchen and the dog was laying under the coffee table.

Another paranormal thing that I can recall, is back 1990, my brother and I were in Jamaica, and on the way to the airport, he saw a woman in a field by an old plantation, wearing all white.

He saw her, and mentioned it to the cab driver. The cab driver was shocked.
http://www.scaryplace.com/Jamaica.html
"Time is priceless, yet it costs us nothing. You can do anything you want with it, except own it. You can spend it, but you can't keep it. And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back. It's just gone."
solitaryman1969

Postby fratpad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 pm

Someone will need to define the word paranormal, because it has a pretty broad definition.

If by paranormal one means supernatural, then I have to say no, I've never had a paranormal experience and I can't believe that anyone else has either.
fratpad

Postby nimby » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:39 am

Why "CAN'T" you believe that anyone else has either?
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Kind of a cool blog for those who are so inclined:

http://theparanormalpastor.blogspot.com ... ngers.html
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:04 pm

Well I haven't had any real profound paranormal experiences, but I have had some strange experiences. Mainly just strange feelings that I've been in a certain place before or I met someone. I remember being young and going to some arcade, this guy there caught my attention. Once I saw this guy I knew that I knew him from somewhere yet I hadn't. It really was a strange yet strong feeling. There is no way that I could have met him before but he was extremely familiar to me. I get that same feeling when being in different places too. It's weird my head feels kinda cloudy and I pick up on certain aspects that really ring a bell but they shouldn't.

I don't know if this counts but more so lately I've been hearing high pitched noises that other people don't hear. It's starting to bug me out. As long as what happens in my dreams doesn't start coming true then I guess everything's fine. Now if that happens then I'll really have a paranormal experience.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Odeh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Had 2 dreams interpreted on different occasions and the person who
predicted what they ment and what would happen..well both interpertations
came true that same day exactly as what was predicted...

Saw one on youtube in Africa where there were moving "haystacks"
which were later lifted to show the inside where no one could possibly
be in them and the camera of the European film crew zoomed in..

The "haystacks" were set back down and they started moving and spinning
by themselves and the drumming resumed (it was a bi annual ritual celebration in a remote village)...

One of the guys who was the host of the program made a bet with one of
the locals that someone was in them moving around..the local insisted
the "haystacks" were full of spirits and that is why they were moving by
themselves..

An that the program host being a Westerner he understood it was a hard thing for him to understand..When the "haystacks" stopped and were lifted
and everyone could see no one was in them..

The host got white as a ghost and was very scared..

So in places like Haiti,Brazil West Africa, India, Thailand..there is something to this stuff..
Odeh

Postby nimby » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 pm

Interesting ghost story I came accross in my old neighbourhood...

Private Residence in Western Toronto
On March 4th 2007 Matthew Didier, Sue Darroch, consultant spirit medium Lynn Tucker, and a neutral non-member investigated on-site reports of a very energetic haunting in a private home in Toronto's west end.

We were first contacted by the witnesses a couple of weeks prior to the on-site investigation. They were fed-up, and terrified with what was perceived to be a malevolent ghost. Through counselling over the phone we were able to ascertain the following:

The house is close to 100 years of age. There has been on lengthy habitation by a single family, and two very short ones (haunting related?) and presently the witnesses who contacted us.

When the witnesses first moved in they became aware of mild poltergeist activity, sounds of running when no one was inside, mysterious shadows of human figures playing off the walls where there should not have been, missing items, electrical disturbances (unexplained by an electrician's inspection), appliances opening, and closing, starting, and stopping seemingly of their own volition.

The above continued to escalate over a six month period, until they began to include touching by "unseen" hands, "disembodied" voices, and the appearance of a female apparition described as fairly young, attractive, solid (the witness thought that it was a live woman in his kitchen until she vanished before his eyes) female dressed in the period of the 1940s - 1950s.

Naturally, the witnesses were quite frightened. Over the phone they expressed a desire to be rid of the haunting, and were VERY adamant about it. We made an appointment to visit within two weeks with Lynn Tucker our consultant on house clearing or spirit removal (Lynn charges no fees, and has decades of experience in this as a Pastor of the Spiritualist Church, and through her consultation work with the Anglican Church of Canada).

When the four of us arrived we were greeted by an upwardly mobile couple, in an absolutely beautiful older home. We made mental notes of how otherwise normal this family is despite their actively haunted house. We did note that their demeanor had changed from our telephone conversations.

Rather sheepishly and within minutes of our arrival the witnesses said they had a change of heart, and they wanted to try to live with their ghost. I was personally pleasantly surprised as I have serious ethical questions in regards to spirit removal, but I will save those for a future editorial. It turns out the male of the household who seemed the focus of the poltergeist activity had communicated verbally with this "female entity." Following our advice he had asked her to leave, and immediately felt a strong sense of overwhelming sadness. He also received a message from the visual apparition that she was never a resident of this house, but visited frequently in her youth because this is where her friends were. He was very moved by this.....

The witness also received a name, that I have been attempting to follow up on. For privacy sake we will not list it here.

We remained at the house for a six-hour period. During this time Lynn counselled the family, and taught them some grounding techniques. Lynn confirmed the presence of the spirit, and her name. She also stated that the house was experiencing a second female spirit, but that this one was a historical repeater. We cannot verify Lynn's information in regards.

Of note all six people in attendance watched as the shadow of what appeared to be a woman materialized, and disappeared on a specific wall throughout our entire visit. This was incredibly fascinating as attempts by Matthew, and myself to replicate this shadow, find it's source or uncover potential hoaxery were fruitless. Again we all witnessed this simultaneously, including our neutral observer!

We are on a very strict non-disclosure on this case, meaning unfortunately no photos, tapes etc may be shared with our readers or the general public at this time. Due to their standing within the community the witnesses desire complete privacy, and anonymity. This of course is completely understandable.

We will continue to monitor, and follow-up on this case, and post any relevant updates to this page. Normally when people decide to make peace with their haunting things settle down rather rapidly, and/or end all together in a short time-frame.

When we last touched base with the witnesses they were much more relaxed, and at ease with their situation.

Our thanks to the witnesses for reporting their experiences to us, and opening up their stunning home for us to investigate. This was one of the more interesting investigations I have personally been a part of!
nimby
Veteran Member

Re: Paranormal experiences ...

Postby nimby » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Another weird experience...

I was at the gym a few days ago and as I was on the tread mill I was watching this guy as sometimes I do at the gym :D . Anyway I noticed that he was standing in fromt of a wall of mirrors in the stretch studio, and as he moved so did his image, but about half a second slower than him!!! I first thought I was imagining things, but as continued to watch him, his image was still a tad slower. This went on for about 10 minutes till he got a phone call. He gave me a strange look as he walked out.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Here's a ghostly good one...watch closely;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpOQZmHtT9A
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Guinness Fan wrote:Here's a ghostly good one...watch closely;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpOQZmHtT9A

Creepy! But something tells me that was altered footage.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Cool little fire ghost story:

http://www.trueghosttales.com/ghost-pictures-fgg.php

Ghosts of children scare me the most.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby carguy60 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:11 pm

I have had many paranormal experiences, but my favorite ones are the unique smells that are unexplainable. I have smelled cigarette smoke in my bathroom and chocolate in my bedroom. At the time, the windows were closed and there was no apparent explanation for the smells. I believe they were the spirits of my Uncle Bill, the only smoker in the family, and my Aunt Louise, who made her own Easter candy.

My mother would spend hours talking to friends and family on the phone. For weeks after she died, the phone rang constantly, but no one was there. After my father died, it happened again. It seems to me that my mother was comunicating to me through the phone, first to tell me she was okay, and then to tell me my father was with her.

I had a friend pass away under mysterious circumstances. At her funeral service, the fire alarm went off in the church. After determining there was no fire, the alarm was reset and the service continued. The alarm went off several more times during the service and the fire department came and checked the building. Even they could see no reason why the fire alarm kept going off.

The most common thing I experience today is my computer printer turning on by itself, even though it's not connected to my laptop at the time. Other experiences include a pendlulm clock stopping and then starting up on it's own, the TV turning on by itself, and a light bulb sparking. Oh, and while staying at the Hotel Queen Mary, I had a mist appear in a picture I took of the third class dining room. Years later, I found out that there is a lot of paranormal activity on this ship.

In all, I don't feel threatened by any of this, but feel comforted when spirits of friends and family make themselves known to me.
Last edited by carguy60 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy60

Postby nimby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 am

Wow, carguy, all very cool experiences. I've had lots happen to me too, and it doesn't bother me either. As for the phone calls, theck this out...

http://www.phonecallsfromthedead.net/

There many, many reported cases of this. And I've had an indirect experience with it too. Very unnerving.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:12 pm

The phone calls remind me of an old Twilight Zone episode. During a rain storm a telephone line falls across the grave of a little boy's grandmother. During that time they are able to communicte on the phone. This of course freaks out the little boy's mother.
I love the Twilight Zone. Even though it came out in the late fifties and early sixties, the story lines are timeless.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby carguy60 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:54 pm

nimby wrote:Wow, carguy, all very cool experiences. I've had lots happen to me too, and it doesn't bother me either. As for the phone calls, theck this out...

http://www.phonecallsfromthedead.net/

There many, many reported cases of this. And I've had an indirect experience with it too. Very unnerving.

Wow, I had no idea this was a common occurance! I do understand that spirits are energies and as such can manipulate electrical devices, but I thought this was just my mother manipulating the phone, something that was so very identifiable to her, to let me know she was okay. Thanks for the link!
carguy60

Postby ispeaktexan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:13 pm

I started reading some of those stories boy are they creepy. Not that its not a good thing, but...its so out of the ordinary and unexpected and can' t be explained physically. So i guess its true there is life after death.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby carguy60 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey, does anyone else watch Ghost Hunters on SyFy? It's an interesting show!
carguy60

Postby butch » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:12 pm

I've waited my whole life for a "paranormal" experience... still waiting. Never seen, nor heard of, anything without an explanation.

Maybe it's because I'm not even slightly superstitious and one of those nerdy scientific types. They never seem to occur to people like me. Now, if one were scientifically minded, one might see some... uhm, coincidence?

What does one have to do to get a ghost to appear? Or demon, or whatever. I'm still waiting. Oh, and I don't believe in a god. If she shows up, I've got some bones to pick. And I might get really mean and nasty, what with all the crap going down on this obnoxiously stupid and barbaric planet.

I've noticed that the planet seems to be getting dumber by the day... or I'm getting smarter. I'm still pondering the proliferation of new "words" in the English language... young people seem to be making up thousands of new words that sound more "intelligent"... I use the word loosely. A local cell phone division of a major corporate cell phone company plays with that concept. They have a sub-division... a corporate entity that is nothing more than part of the BIG company, that uses made up words and trendy young folk in their ads to make them think it's some kind of cool company catering to them... the young and "trendy"... and I use that term VERY loosely. One of the words they use I find hilarious... it's "billification" (for the English word "billing"). I think there's a general "dumbing" down of the younger generation going on... or maybe I'm just noticing that people are really, really stupid, in general. Maybe it's just me getting sick and tired of people, in general. Yup... that's probably it. I must admit one has to admire the English language... in that one can make up words and people will still understand what one means.

I guess you get the idea... I think all "paranormal" stuff is nonsense. An interesting side note. The Vatican is training official exorcists.

Obviously there are a lot of crazy people out there in need of "help"... I use the term loosely, or is it facetiously?

Many years ago I learned hypnotism and tried it out with a few willing subjects. There are definitely 2 levels of mind going on inside human heads and I believe it is a subject that needs a lot more exploration... hypnotism, that is. Why there is such a separation of the conscious and "subconscious" deserves a lot more attention, but methinks people are a bit afraid to explore it in depth.

If any of you talk in your sleep, you are an EXCELLENT subject for hypnotism. I could put you in a trance in less than 5 minutes. Haven't done it in years and years, but the procedure is extraordinarily simple. Generally, it requires a willing subject. As regards "paranormal" experience, if a person were hypnotized they would definitely believe they had seen a ghost if that were suggested to them. The point is, one can "auto-suggest" ideas to one's self. Between the dream state and the waking state, one can make one's waking self believe many unusual "events". I believe all ghost sightings are auto-suggested by one's own sub-conscious desire to experience a ghost... and to one's mind, it's all real enough... in spite of not being, at all, real.

In the final analysis, the only thing that is real is what your mind says is real... you are the center of the universe and it can not be otherwise... for you. I'm just a figment of your imagined life experience, as it were. Well... I needed something to do, and I've done it... back to painting.

:? :? :?
Last edited by butch on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Next

Return to Internal Affairs