It was just a bad dream

There's a lot of discussions about "internalized homophobia" going on here. Talk about racism, prejudice, religion, and all that's on your mind. Now you have a new place to gab.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, edu999

It was just a bad dream

Postby Screamer » Thu May 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Who has bad dreams still (I don't mean like panicky nightmares necessarily)? I dreamed this week and it was so bad I don't want to admit it. It was a relief when I started to wake up, and it was pretty easy to decipher with rudimentary dream-interpretation. But if I was right about what was really going on, that was so much more benign than the overt content. Why do we have to be put through this?

It doesn't happen too often. oh and these are the ones you can remember later.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Earl Butz » Fri May 30, 2008 6:24 am

I have all kinds of dreams good and bad. They go in strings. 5 bad ones in a row, 5 good ones, etc.

I dream about Paris alot for some reason. I'm not sure why. I don't really want to go there in real life. Maybe if it was a free trip...
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby devilnuts » Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm

I rarely remember dreams after waking. Sometimes I can remember little bits and pieces, but usually I just remember having a dream. Which is better than when I wasn't having any dreams. That was during my insomnia period and that seriously sucked.

Most often my dreams (that I can recall) are just completely odd and usually of a darker nature (which is probably why I don't remember them...hahaha).
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby olywaguy » Fri May 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Earl Butz wrote:I dream about Paris alot for some reason. I'm not sure why. I don't really want to go there in real life. Maybe if it was a free trip...

This is what the Dream Moods Dictionary says what it means:

Paris

To dream that you are in Paris, symbolizes your need for romance and passion. It also suggests that you are a person of distinction. Your own personal experiences and knowledge of Paris will supersede the suggested interpretation here.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby solitaryman1969 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:57 pm

The other night I had a really crazy dream about my ex-friend, and we were in the middle of a damn dirty rumble.

I remember being on the attack and growling and biting a la "Mean Girls", but what I remember the most was the sensation of biting and wrestling with my pillow.

Woke myself up! :lol:
"Time is priceless, yet it costs us nothing. You can do anything you want with it, except own it. You can spend it, but you can't keep it. And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back. It's just gone."
solitaryman1969

Postby Earl Butz » Sat May 31, 2008 4:09 am

Thanks for looking that up Carlos.

I could use some romance in my life for sure... :?
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:17 pm

I keep having dreams that I am at my old job...

Have you ever paid attention to the amount of stuff you dream, how long it would take in real time to live out a scenario you dream, vs. how long you have been asleep?

Someone's playing some game's with time man... :? :lol: <seriously though pay attn to it>

Dreams are pretty neat I wish there was a way to hook up sensors to our heads and display what a person is dreaming on a monitor 8)
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby matinee » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 am

One good trick is to remind yourself before you fall asleep to read something, look away and read it again. In a dream you will never read the same thing twice so at that moment you realize you are dreaming. If you don't wake up at this point then you can make anything happen :) Lucid dreaming is fantastic. If you follow this procedure for a few weeks one night you will have the experience.
matinee

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 am

Does anyone else have a lot of dreams create dejavu when you're awake either days or sometimes weeks later?

I had a dream right before Memorial Day Weekend that I was being deployed.
About 5 days later I was getting in touch with both OR and WA National Guards for finding a unit to transfer. The Sgt I spoke to from the WA National Guard said he had a spot for me and we could do 90% of the paperwork over the phone that day and get everything taken care of in 2 days. I asked where the unit was located. Response was "right now about 100 miles from you, but you'll be activating for deployment in 60 days."
... luckily the OR National Guard came back and said they'd assist with my job hunt if I came to them.

This was not the first time I've had dreams foreshadow events or decisions in life.
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby nimby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Dreams that fortell future events are rare, but do happen. They are called precognitive dreams.

Their was a period in my life where my dreams predicted death of someone close to me. Most bizarre. They lasted for about two years before they stopped. I was in my late teens at the time.

One dream was like this:

I was at the funeral of an infant. Since someone was already knealing at the casket, I just stood off to the side and said a prayer. Well, didn't the baby start to stirr, then sat up and looked at me with big red glowing eyes.

I bloody well freaked. But three days later a friend of mine at work was getting dressed ready for school and dropped dead of a cerebral aneurism. He too was only seventeen. Again I freaked. It really affected me for years. Such a hansome and shy guy. I'll never forget him. We both worked at a big dept. store and just the evening before we snatched a bag of chips split it is the stock room.

I had a few of these dreams with similar results before they abruptly came to an end. But I still have very bizarre dreams.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby JakeMIke » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:15 pm

I have all kinds of dreams in all catergories. I sincerely believe I've even contacted a friend who had recently passed away via a dream. I think dreams are very powerful and I always pay attention to mine.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Postby devilnuts » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Bramasole_iowa wrote:Does anyone else have a lot of dreams create dejavu when you're awake either days or sometimes weeks later?

All the time. It's one of the reasons that I believe I don't remember my dreams. I think I've learned to block them because I was tired of it. They have started returning lately, but I've had a lot of stress, so I'll allow a few to pass.

If they bother you, might I suggest a dreamcatcher. I got one many years ago...it actually was helpful. May have just been a placebo mind fix, but it allowed me to sleep a much more peaceful sleep.

On one hand I think that this all has to have a very real and logical explaination and think that people claiming precog dreams are full of BS. However, to have had enough to beat chance occurances myself, I have to give some credence to them.

The oddest dream I ever had really left me wondering if I was really awake. Whenever I've had something bad happen I'd hope that the dream was just still going and I'd wake up soon. However, the time frame has really surpassed what would have been the next logical gap in the dream so I am pretty sure I'm awake now...hahaha. But what really is reality?
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby catapult » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:12 pm

I just had a dream last night that I was naked in an auditorium and had to walk past a group of nuns to get back to my clothes.

I'm always finding myself naked in school or in public.

What does the book say about that one Carlos?!

I have falling dreams. Don't like those, but I never hit bottom.

My best dreams are flying dreams. I can actually FEEL the sensation of flying, and now I can navigate a bit - turn left, right, go up and down. It's a rush!

I also have those dreams of being back at an old job like a previous poster.

And many dreams of being late to catch a plane, rushing around and not making any progress.

And catastrophic dreams, like the sun falling or watching planes crash. I'm never on-board though. But watching them is worse.

I believe dreams are mostly stress release. We are just reprocessing random images from our lives as we rest and release stress in sleep.

But I have to admit, some make you wonder if there might be more to them. My long since passed father once paid me a visit during a "dream" that was VERY vivid and real. He was humble and apologetic and implied that I was right all along. Okay, that's when it stopped being real! :)
catapult

Postby olywaguy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:58 am

Here's a dream dictionary to help you out.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Cachasa » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:56 am

I have good dreams ad bad dreams. Always in full color and sometimes, if the situation is right I can taste, feel and smell stuff too.

Having all 5 senses is cool when the dreams are happy or sexual in nature but when it's a nightmare it's really scary.

I get night terrors occasionally. They scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Today it's not so bad because I know what's going on and that I'm having a night terror.
Cachasa

Don't use the bathroom !

Postby dracuscalico » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Something that I learned years ago, is NEVER go to the bathroom unless you are SURE you are not still in your dream, or you will wake up weting yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by dracuscalico on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Had a dream the other night that became a lucid dream. The Man and I were walking around Pittsburgh, which is, like, one of our favorite cities. We were by the river, and Chris fell in. I remembered that he couldn't swim, but then it occured to me that I might be dreaming so I decided to wait to see whether it was happening before jumping into the river.

Luckily, I WAS dreaming. . . . Otherwise, Chris would have drowned and I'd be in Pittsburgh.

Paris is beautiful, Earl. Just stay in the downtown area. I've wandered off from the downtown into bad neighborhoods a couple of times, and it got a little scary. . . .
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 am

Bizarre dream a few nights ago...

I was running through a local neighbourhood late at night searching for a house, buck naked!!! I only had on a pair of running shoes. But I was really fit and very well endowed (LOL what a dream!) . But just running like a maniac. I would see the odd stranger and stop and chat for a second, but no one acknowledged my nudity. I just remember the overwhelming sense of exhilaration and freedom.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Lepus » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Fascinating dream this morning. I was sitting up in bed, watching a fellow sitting on a stool (or maybe it was in a chair) while sleeping, and HE was having a dream or nightmare, making facial grimaces, shaking his head "no." This went on for several minutes. Then he woke up, confused for a moment, saw me watching and smiled. I motioned for him to come over for a hug and some comforting ... and the phone rang (for real) and I woke up.

What.
The.
Hell?
Lepus

Postby Phoenix6570 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:12 am

My dreams aren't usually good or bad they're just weird. The last one was pretty far out though. I stumbled upon what looked like an older version of one of my college friends. We ended up making out for a little while in his car then I went some place else. Next thing I know I walk back over to his car and now he's younger. He was sitting in his car with some blond girl. I gave her a look like what the hell are you doing here?! In the end I gave him my number and left. It was such a strange dream I remember explicitly my reaction to seeing that girl was "WTF!" :evil:
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Had a dream the other night we were at my friend Cathy's, but but she lived in an apartment building... Anyways we are inside and can hear a bunch of people out on their balconies shouting and we go out on Cathys, and a girl was on the 7th floor [in the dream Cathy was 6th] in the appt almost above us and she is standing on the balcony railing and is gonna jump. Seeing as how we were closest I kept trying to tell her things like "if you jump aren't high enough up, you may just end up paralyzed and you think it's bad now...??" and things like that, that this girl got real calm we thought she was step back... then she stands straight up and jumps out hard, and spreads he arms and legs out like she wants to fly.. falllllllllllllls and stopped HARD into the ground... she kinda moved what looked like it was involuntary, and then she came to for a sec, and start talking all this mumbo jumbo and tried to sit up while talking, mentioned something about "well at least I didn't catch a virus....I could catch a virus you know.." she was moaning and groaning, then lost all/any expression and fell back down and was dead. :?

Odd,,, it was SO damn real, I remember my only thought being God I hope she's not feeling any pain <while she was jibbering nonsense.>
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby jkav » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:21 pm

I had a dream that I asked my high school English teacher to adopt me.

"Calling Dr. Freud..."
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby darkwolf » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:56 pm

only dreams i really have that i remember are zombi attacks, being chased by freddy and jason and other slashers. course thats what my lifes about so...
darkwolf

Postby Screamer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 am

I had a weird naked dream. I was out in town and realized that I hadn't dressed. The thinking was like, how could I forget something like that? Oh well, I'm here now (doing whatever I supposed to be doing) and not attracting much attention, so I guess I'll carry on until I can get some clothes on.

I like the rational-thinking part at the end of a dream. Like any number of unlikely or impossible things can happen, but it's only that last one that's a deal-breaker. Like there a giant insect outside, eating the trash men, and I can only think, it's not their day to pick up trash, and then I start to wake up.
Screamer

Postby Screamer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm

I dreamed I was introduced to a man. It was just a pleasant time, he was nice and by the end was maybe a little bit interested. Why should this be in the realm of fantasy? I don't understand dreams that aren't at all weird - there was nothing impossible or supernatural. What good is a realistic dream?
Screamer

Next

Return to Internal Affairs