Things That Irk You

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Re: Things That Irk You

Postby DeckApe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 am

110-format film negatives, when trying to scan them to salvage images 23 years later. :oops:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:10 pm

When people are clearly staring at you and they don't stop even when you notice. Also when someone realizes they're in your way but they still don't move.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:20 pm

I use public transportation quite a bit; busses, trains, subway...The crowds don't bother me ~ but the folks who are walking to/from the transport & checking their e-mails on their blackberry ~ oblivious to all around them ~ bug the hell out of me......Buddy, that e-mail ain't that important - MOVE ALONG!
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

:oops:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Grocery deli workers who cough and sneeze while they're slicing your meat or cheese. Happened today and I nearly flipped out. This is the first time in months that I decided to buy some sliced deli meats. Now I remember why it's been so long. I left the ham at the counter and told her "No thanks. I just wanted the ham...not your germs." She looked at me like I was crazy, and maybe she's right.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:38 pm

^ I don't blame you at all and I would have done the same thing. One would think workers would be more careful since they're dealing with food but alas we're proven wrong.

When people call me big guy;I just don't see why people think its appropriate. I don't need a reminder that I'm fat.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:43 pm

That's pretty sad Kareem. Put a stop to it.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby LtotheP » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Phoenix6570 wrote:When people call me big guy;I just don't see why people think its appropriate. I don't need a reminder that I'm fat.

Really?
Ive always thought that the term was more of a friendly hello, nothing offensive. Idk Ive had people call me that me whole life, so maybe Im just used to it (?).
LtotheP

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:17 pm

^ The way I see it, its people calling out my most visible flaw and using it as a way to address me.
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 pm

People who constantly send chain letter emails with bible quotes. Drives me absolutely nuts!!!!!
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 am

Spring weather....snowed all weekend and tonight it's 10 below. Spring my ass!!

Oh well I guess it's better than tornadoes.... :?
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Guys fingering their BlackBerry (aka: CrackBerry) at the bar...Used to be you went to the pub for some casual conversation... Nowadays guys seem more intent on carrying on a text conversation with thier BlackBerry...probably some imaginary friend on facebook or other ethereal entity...
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Drivers on I-95 S who slow down to about 50 mph almost two miles before their exit.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Davy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:29 am

Sitting on a 6-hour flight next to someone with bad breath who likes to talk.
Davy

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Davy wrote:Sitting on a 6-hour flight next to someone with bad breath who likes to talk.

Ew. I had a variation of that once. Guy had B.O. :|
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:31 pm

The lights on some of these cars really piss me off! I find most of them to be extremely bright and distracting when I'm trying to drive. Half the time I think someone left their brights on when they're on the normal setting. The worst are the neon like lights floating around. Is that really necessary? I may be alone on this but I can't stand it :evil:
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed May 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Computer passwords...
I'd been putting off making some changes to my payroll deductions/benefits/beneficiaries/401K/insurance coverage etc...It used to be you'd pick up the phone & call the HR Department, sign a form & presto, whatever you wanted done was done... Now our HR Department has gone automated ~ everything is web-based ~ I don't think there are any living, breathing, human life forms working there any more...I had to log into some website & do whatever changes I wanted done...and because it's dealing with your $$, the password has to be EXTREMELY "strong"....Multiple characters, lower & upper case, 3 numbers and 2 "special characters", digitally sign in with your ID card...stand on your head & scratch your balls...I tried to change my password 3 times, but it wasn't accepted...seems as though I couldn't use the same log-in name after I'd changed my password... I finally got so frustrated I called the head of HR and balled him out for designing such a user-unfriendly system... An hour later I had a real HR life-form on the line who actually TALKED to me and did what I needed to get done...
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 am

It's been motorcycle season for about a month now. There's this one peckerhead in my condo complex who has to gun his engine all the way up or down the driveway. And he's an all night party owl. I need a gun. :roll:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:49 pm

This is a new one....trying to get out of my neighborhood Sunday night these 4 graders and a sanding truck plod down the street going 2 miles an hour blocking both lanes of traffic. I turned off and went a different way or it would have taken half an hour to go one mile.

People seem to be getting stupider and stupider.... :roll:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Cyclists who don't follow the rules of the road. Yesterday I saw three cyclists texting while riding their bikes. TEXTING! And they wonder why they keep getting mowed down. Duh.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Living in Sarajevo - home of the 1984 Winter Olympics - you'd think they'd know how to handle snow. FAIL! They don't shovel the sidewalks & plowing of streets is left up to cars, busses & trams trudging through the snow.

I walked home from work today - about 3Km - no taxis in sight...Trudged through about 8cm of almost frozen slush. Whilst waddling & slipping along two thoughts wher going through my mind; (1) me on the disco-dance floor in 1978 & (2) me in a Bosnian hospital with a broken hip in 2017... :shock:
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Health & Lifestyles