Things That Irk You

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Re: Things That Irk You

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:16 pm

chidiver wrote:
ispeaktexan wrote:Ive never even been on a train:/

No boats, no planes, no trains... I'm not going to even ask about a funicular :D By the end of the year I think you should set a goal of traveling by at least one of those conveyances.

Yeah it sucks :/ i think next year im going on a plane.....haha!
As for a boat, i think that might happen soon.
A train might happen very soon.

What the hell is a funicular?
Sounds like a disease...like folliculitis or something.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:13 am

It's an inclined railway. I rode one at the Royal Gorge in Colorado. Takes you straight down a cliff to the Arkansas river.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Cajun » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:00 am

Earl Butz wrote:It's an inclined railway. I rode one at the Royal Gorge in Colorado. Takes you straight down a cliff to the Arkansas river.

Got to ride one in the city of Lourdes, in France - much like a gondola, as I recall......
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Well that sounds awesome!

I doubt ill get to ride one of those anytime soon.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Those new curly light bulbs. What a scam. They burn out faster than the ones invented 100 years ago. :roll:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Earl Butz wrote:Those new curly light bulbs. What a scam. They burn out faster than the ones invented 100 years ago. :roll:

They're also not safe to eat, no matter how much they resemble ice cream.
A trip into the unknown is always something that can make us happy.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:44 am

Heh. Some people think they look like dog turds. :mrgreen:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:06 am

Speaking about light bulbs, i hate how i have 3 light bulbs in the sockets at one point, and the two that always go out aren't the ones that are supposed to. There are 2 white light bulbs and one blue light. The blue light has been here forever, it hasn't gone out in 3 years or more. But i have had to replace those 2 white light bulbs plenty of times. Its time for another replacement, i haven't had time, so i'm sitting in blue light. I really should put all white, but im waiting for the blue one to die, and it wont.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 am

As I've been making significant headway in paying off one of my credit cards, they have been progressively loweing my limit. I got my new statement yesterday, and the total balance is $1,634.61, but they also lowered my credit limit from $1,800 to $1,500, making me over by $134! So, not only did my minimum payment skyrocket because I went "over" my limit, but theres a $39 over limit fee. I didn't think they could do that.

We'll be calling customer service shortly.
A trip into the unknown is always something that can make us happy.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am

ispeaktexan wrote:Speaking about light bulbs, i hate how i have 3 light bulbs in the sockets at one point, and the two that always go out aren't the ones that are supposed to. There are 2 white light bulbs and one blue light. The blue light has been here forever, it hasn't gone out in 3 years or more. But i have had to replace those 2 white light bulbs plenty of times. Its time for another replacement, i haven't had time, so i'm sitting in blue light. I really should put all white, but im waiting for the blue one to die, and it wont.

I recently purchased one of those green light bulbs because it supposed to save you money. It seems to be doing the trick too. There are supposed to last five years. I know forking over $ 5.00 or so for such a bulb seems like a lot but it will save you a lot on the electricity bills. Very worthwhile. What no one tells you, however, that it needs to warm up a little before it gets fully bright. At first I thought I had a bad bulb but you get used to it.

Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby ispeaktexan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:10 pm

I always have my lights off anyways so i probably save money anyway...
The colored bulb is still going.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:59 am

One word... i.e. "things that irk me"

HUMANS
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 am

Bold statement, completely true.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby selective_soldier » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:20 am

AT THE AIRPORT
1(a) When the announcements says we’re loading from back to front large #s>to Small, there are at least 5 people who wait until the last min to board.

(b)People who board the plane late happen to be the same people who are clueless to what size CARRY-ON actually is.
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby butch » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 am

The general stupidity and apathy of humans, in general, irks me.

A simple example... I've been caretaking buildings for a number of years. We have recycling bins right beside the garbage bins, yet many people don't recycle. In this day and age, they still don't get it. The world as we have known it is doomed. I really see no hope for this world and really, truly, expect a major global catastrophe to set things back on track... or the end of the human race as we know it.

I'm surrounded by apathetic idiots. :( :( :(

Or as Homer says: "Trying is the first step towards failure".
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:03 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:Pedophiles, pederasts, and other assorted proponents of really old man/way-too-young kid love, not only irk me, they creep the hell out of me, and disgust me.

Hey just a question here, you seem to mention this a lot, so i would like to know do you feel the same about that statement but in reverse?
Like an 18 year old guy being attracted to other guys in their late 20's, 30's, and early 40's?
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Excellent point, Tex. I woner if the young guys are just as perverted. :lol:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby selective_soldier » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 pm

olywaguy wrote: What no one tells you, however, that it needs to warm up a little before it gets fully bright. At first I thought I had a bad bulb but you get used to it.

I never knew this. I have a few that are collecting dust in my closet because they aren’t that bright. Low lighting irks me. Now I know I have to be patient & let it warm up.
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:20 pm

nimby wrote:Excellent point, Tex. I woner if the young guys are just as perverted. :lol:

True well i don't know about perverted but i do know i'd prefer someone in their 20's-30's than around my age. I just think physically and mentally older guys (older than 18), are better overall.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:36 pm

selective_soldier wrote:
olywaguy wrote: What no one tells you, however, that it needs to warm up a little before it gets fully bright. At first I thought I had a bad bulb but you get used to it.

I never knew this. I have a few that are collecting dust in my closet because they aren’t that bright. Low lighting irks me. Now I know I have to be patient & let it warm up.

I just narrowly averted a fire in my home two weeks ago because of these bulbs. It suddenly caught fire and luckily my daughter was right there and yelled for help. Scarry crap!!! Use with caution!!!!
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:51 pm

nimby wrote:
selective_soldier wrote:

I just narrowly averted a fire in my home two weeks ago because of these bulbs. It suddenly caught fire and luckily my daughter was right there and yelled for help. Scarry crap!!! Use with caution!!!!

Wow! Very lucky for you. I still use the old light bulbs.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:57 pm

I use these CFL bulbs to do my part to cut power use. You can get 23 watt bulbs that are quite bright. A brand called "Globe" makes a nice light... no greenish like the Phillips' bulbs.

The real problem with these bulbs, and a problem with which I have had some discussion with government types, is that they contain mercury. So now, millions of these bulbs will end up in land fills, the mercury will enter the groundwater, and we will have all kinds of health problems on our hands. Ever hear the phrase "mad as a hatter"? It was because hat makers used mercury to shape the hats... and they breathed the mercury fumes and got mercury on their fingers... and they went mad... as a hatter.

The government official told me they are aware of the problem and are working on it, but they did a mercury survey and it turns out the mercury problem is much, much, much, much worse than they thought so it's taking a while. They don't want people to panic.

8) 8) 8)
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:02 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:
ispeaktexan wrote:
BurgosPRman wrote:Pedophiles, pederasts, and other assorted proponents of really old man/way-too-young kid love, not only irk me, they creep the hell out of me, and disgust me.

Hey just a question here, you seem to mention this a lot, so i would like to know do you feel the same about that statement but in reverse?
Like an 18 year old guy being attracted to other guys in their late 20's, 30's, and early 40's?

'
Things that creep me out: men in their thirties and forties (and older) who are attracted to barely legal kids and pursue them.
If an 18 year old is atracted to a 20-something, my creepiness radar doesn't ping...it's not that much of a difference...It's when older men willingly go out of their way to drool after, pursue and seduce way-too-younger kids that are in a mentally/emotionally/financially vulnerable situation, that's creepville to me. I have seen way too many men in their 40s and 50s pick up homeless kids and runaways off the streets, and it's just wrong.
If an 17-18 year old is atracted to a man in his forties and older, clearly there's some creepy, deep-seated psycho-sexual daddy issues that need to be addressed.
And if a man in his 30s and forties and fifties and sixties is still attracted to jailbait, well...that is just...ugh.

All my opinion if course. :D

Well that's how you see it.
I am not mentally, or emotionally vulnerable in any way. So i guess your younger kid logic doesn't completely apply to me.
I really don't see it as too bad if the two subjects actually care for each other.
As for your 'psycho-sexual daddy' issue. Not true.
If I am attracted to a man in his late 30's or early 40's (probably wouldn't go that far anyway) Its because i cared for them and not some sexual fantasy or some kind of issue I am trying to work out.
I know what I am attracted to, I know what i like, and don't think it would be so wrong.
I mean if two people care for each other who's to tell them otherwise?
All my opinion of course. :D
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 am

I can't stand it when people stand right behind me and look over my shoulder. If I'm on a computer or at a desk I keep my back against the wall now just to make sure it cannot happen. People usually think I'm weird for this but I can't deal with it. I get very uncomfortable and can't continue with what I was doing until that person is gone.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:22 pm

It really grinds my gears, when the staff at a restaurant is clearly not busy at all yet there is horrible service. This happened to me a couple of nights ago. The guy was texting. I was with a group of 9, and we had been unattended for a while, and he was texting. The girl was playing solitaire. It was sad. But we got our food ate and made it out of there fine either way, just not with much aid. I had to get up and ask for the eel sauce because the guy or girl never came back to the table.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Lifestyles