Things That Irk You

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Things That Irk You

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:44 pm

I know, I know... As if we don't have enough of the Don't you just hate it/ Public Annoyances threads.. But Sometimes you can't pin point specifics like;

:arrow: Those frigggin Geico commercials.. from that dam frog looking thing Image the Cavmen,> to these celebrities trying to revive their careers..

Who cares....Just let me know if your 'e cheaper than AllState, and if I use your insurance, I won't get the Red Weiner like I do at State Farm... good neighbor my @$$

:arrow: When people you barley know is trying to explain something to, and they begin giving you examples and wind up telling you their whole life history instead of getting str8 to the point. :roll:

Mam.... I barley know.. I had no idea telling me about your favorite purse would strike up a conversation about adjusting to your 1st training bra.. :shock: I'm not trying to know you like that! ImageImage :oops:

:arrow: Guys who wine & won't do anything to help themselves despite the endless help/ direction they're given.Image
Last edited by selective_soldier on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:07 am

:arrow: Gay guys who think you want them because you're friendly in gest with them.

:arrow: People who don't pay attention. Literally! Maybe it's the military training that causes me to always be on guard.

I have a Walkman, and I..... Yes, I still like my casset tapes.. :roll: Any ways, I'm still conscious of where I walk and my surroundings.. in general. When we were in Iraq, I remember fussing at these young cats all the time with those dam i-pod thingies in their ears when we were patrolling.

With all these electronic gizmos out, more people than ever seem to have some earpiece of sorts in their ear.Or they seem to be more people on cell phones, talking, walking in public and they walk smack dab into you.

I don't mean to play the conspiracist, but if a tragedy were to unfold these people would be in serious trouble.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby chidiver » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 am

Bosses who give credit to others for your work and co-workers who take credit for your work.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby edu999 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:35 pm

ELEVATOR STUFF:

1. Rude and ill-bred people who get on the elevator without waiting for people already inside to get out.

2. Lazy-ass bastards who take the elevator to go one floor up or down. Especially down. Ugh. No wonder people are tubby.
edu999

Postby Cajun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:40 pm

Someone who makes noise when they either eat or sleep........ :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:46 pm

I know this has come up before but,

:arrow: People who don't realize your phone[cell phone] is for you

Since last I posted on this, the comments from people who call me multiple times during the day to ask why haven't I returned their phone call has increased some what, but it's more now I'm being accused of making excuses for avoiding people.

There maybe times when I leave my phone at work, sometimes 3 times during the week. I may leave it in my book bag which is my briefcase & it's in my room. It's not until I hear the beeps, I've realized I misplaced my cell phone once again.

That's on me. But when liesten to the voice mail, I get these long winded comments from people telling me they're tired of my weak excuses for not returning their calls.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Last one ...for the day..

:arrow: People who e-mail you thier baby/dog pictures.. E-V-E-R-Y single one of them.. St8 from the presses. ImageEven after you've told them it isn't necessary. When I say send picture, I mean Lots of pictures. :shock: :roll:

Every birthday, holiday, swiming in the pool, school event, Picking up the mail, accepting thier 1st award.........

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby furface » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Normen hates puppies and kids! :shock: Who'da thunk it!? :D :D

Sorry Normen; I couldn't resist and the devil made me do it!
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:39 pm

furface wrote:Normen hates puppies and kids! :shock: Who'da thunk it!? :D :D

Sorry Normen; I couldn't resist and the devil made me do it!
Lou, youre' killing me today.. :lol:

Let me stand corrected. The obssession of of pictures sent to you via e-mail. One lady at work sends up to 20 in day sometimes.. :lol: .

Mulitply that 3 times a week, then you feel safe in saying, Doris, you have a cute kid, but I can't keep up with the downloads.. :roll:

You'd have to know Dorris.... :D Instead of being insulted, she only sends 12 a day 2 times a week.. :lol:

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby furface » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Normen; you're the salt of the earth. I hope ya know if'n I didn't care about ya I wouldn't pick on ya, son.

Here's a evil thought: How 'bout we all send Doris our favorite kids and puppy pictures? Chip can include Pablo. Dustin must have some shot of Kayla. We all, well most all, have nieces and nephews. We could flood her HD with enough cuteness to make Dick Cheney smile. :D :D
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby chidiver » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:09 pm

People who cut you off in traffic, then drive slowly and wind up being the last one to make it through the traffic light. :x
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Ok, Last one for the night..
:arrow: The obsession with these dumb blonds like Jessica, Britney, Paris & the likes. & quit telling me I'm hatin' when I say nothing about them is world news, nor should real news be preimpted when they break a nail, or sucumb to an incident of thier own valition

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby chidiver » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:30 pm

People who clog up the already crowded coffee shop with their SUV baby strollers. These are the same people who use said stroller to plow their way through crowds at festivals

chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby Xaphan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:01 pm

chidiver wrote:People who clog up the already crowded coffee shop with their SUV baby strollers. These are the same people who use said stroller to plow their way through crowds at festivals

Man, do I feel you one that one. When I rode the trains in Boston and people would bring those giant baby strollers on. The worse would be the doublewide ones with a kid on one side and shopping bags on the other! Have a little consideration people.

That’s probably what irked me about the situation (and others). When someone thinks he/she is the only person that matters and everyone else has to “deal” with it.
Living in the desert.
Xaphan

Postby selective_soldier » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:13 am

:arrow: you're working on a project with lazy apathetic co-workers, when it's all said & done, they get the credit for the entire project they didn't lift a finger to help you with. & they don't have any remorse for it.ImageImage

:arrow: People who find out the person they're with is a sh!t bag, & they blame you, the mail-man & anybody except for the person causing them the misery.. Like trying to pick a fight with a person having an affair with the sh!tbag they're hooked up with; instead of him, isolating from friends and family who tell them the truth.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:52 am

:arrow: You go to a book store, say Barnes & Nobles/ Borders, as you look around, instead of looking @ a magazine/ book that interests them, bring it to the counter, & pay for it, there are people strewn over the floor like they're at a slumber party. & When & if they've finished reading, they leave the item just where they were laying. Again like they're at their house.
Sometimes you can't even pass to getto a book I'm looking at. You feel like saying; Can i get you a blanket, a latte' ,maybe show you the history & philosophy section!?

I blame the book stores for this. @t first I thought this was a good idea to have places for people to sit & read. But how about..Paying for the item, then sit down & read?

:arrow: The one person in the group that just talks....... :roll: & talks...... :roll: & talks...........continuously.........Image
Last edited by selective_soldier on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Texas_Thang » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:08 pm

chidiver wrote:People who clog up the already crowded coffee shop with their SUV baby strollers. These are the same people who use said stroller to plow their way through crowds at festivals

If the child can not walk on its own, leave it at home in a crowd. Seriously.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby Rico » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:58 pm

People who use the self-checkout aisles in stores and don't have a clue WTF to do. I guess everybody has to learn how to self check-out sometime, but why do I always seem to get the slow-learners in front of me?
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:49 am

People who use the self-checkout at grocery stores etc., yet are dependent upon a union themselves for gainful employment.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby JakeMIke » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:22 pm

You go to a book store, say Barnes & Nobles/ Borders, as you look around, instead of looking @ a magazine/ book that interests them, bring it to the counter, & pay for it, there are people strewn over the floor like they're at a slumber party. & When & if they've finished reading, they leave the item just where they were laying. Again like they're at their house.

Sometimes you can't even pass to getto a book I'm looking at. You feel like saying; Can i get you a blanket, a latte' ,maybe show you the history & philosophy section!?

I blame the book stores for this. @t first I thought this was a good idea to have places for people to sit & read. But how about..Paying for the item, then sit down & read?

Yeah, I agree totally. I want to go up to them and say, "You know, when you get a real job, you will actually be able to pay for that and take it home!" I want to kick people that treat a bookstore like it was their bedroom, the cheap b***ards.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Postby edu999 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:47 pm

People who pay with checks at ANY retail establishment.

Seriously, people... get with the program and join the 21st century! Pay with cash, debit, or credit please. NO CHECKS!
edu999

Postby Cajun » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:52 pm

edu999 wrote:People who pay with checks at ANY retail establishment.

Seriously, people... get with the program and join the 21st century! Pay with cash, debit, or credit please. NO CHECKS!

The very least that they could do is have the check made out IN ADVANCE, less the amount, instead of waiting for the checker to give them the amount, and then having them ask "what's the date", and going downhill from there.... :roll:
Cajun

Postby solitaryman1969 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:59 pm

People who cut into the queue when waiting for the bus, especially when you're freezing your balls off! :evil:

On the subway, it's expected, but come on folks, move aside and let the people get off the train first before you rush the doors.

I've developed subway rage over the years, forget about road rage!

Don't even get me started on people who don't say excuse me as they're squeezing their way through to grab a seat.

Don't even get me started! :roll:
"Time is priceless, yet it costs us nothing. You can do anything you want with it, except own it. You can spend it, but you can't keep it. And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back. It's just gone."
solitaryman1969

Postby Cajun » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:21 pm

What about the people who are obviously too busy/important to say "thank you" when I hold the door open for them......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Get 'em Karma :shock:
Cajun

Postby chidiver » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Cajun wrote:What about the people who are obviously too busy/important to say "thank you" when I hold the door open for them......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Get 'em Karma :shock:

I'm always impressed by how rare it is for someone to not acknowledge the kindness of holding a door for them. And yes, it is super rude not to do so.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Next

Return to Health & Lifestyles