Things That Irk You

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Postby nimby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Recent immigrants to this country who sit in the lunch room at work and bash Canada and Canadians. The other day I walked in the and overheard a conversation when one Pakistani immigrant said to another, "You know what your problem is? You're starting to think like a Canadian."

I was furious. :evil: and put and end to their conversation real quick. I'm even contemplating on writing them up. To me that was a huge racial slur.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 am

Wow the spammers are sure trying to ruin this place. :(

On the "hello it's me" thread, they even posted a video of a guy with a fist up his bum.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits! :evil:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 am

Earl Butz wrote:On the "hello it's me" thread, they even posted a video of a guy with a fist up his bum.

That's one way to say hello.
A trip into the unknown is always something that can make us happy.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Yea, to his prostate. How did I miss that one?
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Cajun » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:51 pm

nimby wrote:Yea, to his prostate. How did I miss that one?

Distinctive moderation by Lou :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby furface » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 pm

:oops: 8)
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Re: Things That Irk You

Postby jkav » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Now that it's summer, I've taken notice of the lack of "sprinkler etiquette," and people in the suburbs, where I work, are the WORST. Maybe it's just because I lived in Utah for 4 years of an 8-year drought, but I seem to be hypersensitive to people's water wasting habits. Here in KC, I see sprinklers on in the middle of 95-degree cloudless days; I see sprinkler heads misaligned so all they water is the pavement; I see sprinklers full-blast in the pouring rain! I'm getting heated, perhaps unfairly. I just remember how in Salt Lake, you could get a $100 ticket for watering your lawn between 8am and 8pm, and rightfully so.

Perhaps it's in the front of my mind today because I read an article about the Ogallala aquifer--which waters about a third of all irrigated farmland in the country--and how it's drying up.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:02 am

I admit it. I water my rhododendrons. They had a bad winter, and I don't want to lose any more of them.

My lawn, howver, is on its own.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:13 pm

Mosquito's irk me. Does anybody else notice a recent increase in mosquito population? They are multiplying like crazy.

A mosquito just bit my face for the second time this week. I already have a cut looking thing on my forehead from my compulsive scratching.
One day I will kill them all, and rest well at night knowing I wiped out the worlds most annoying creature.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 am

ispeaktexan wrote:Mosquito's irk me. Does anybody else notice a recent increase in mosquito population? They are multiplying like crazy.

A mosquito just bit my face for the second time this week. I already have a cut looking thing on my forehead from my compulsive scratching.
One day I will kill them all, and rest well at night knowing I wiped out the worlds most annoying creature.

I despise mosquito's! Honestly i think they piss me off more than anything. They always bite my legs then go off on the rest of my body.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 am

They are annoying. Dont worry one day ill kill them all.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby JW » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:58 pm

x
Last edited by JW on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JW

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Oh you'd hate it here. Today earlier it hit 42C/107F.

I hate it here too anyway. I hate when people with NexTel walk around with their stupid phones on speaker even though they can use it as a regular phone.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:25 pm

I hate it when a company charges way more in shipping charges for a replacement part than what the part is worth or costs.
I need a new filter for my pond pump (a tubular sponge like thing) weights less than an oz. I'm sure. The cost is $2.50 for one. Ok I can live with that. Shipping however is $7.00 for anything less than one pound! I'm sure it won't truly cost more than a regular mail stamp if that. :evil:
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:32 pm

That's dumb. I never quite understood shipping charges...
Because I have bought items that cost me a dollar, and shipping was ten. But then I'd buy something that was 100 dolllars, and shipping was free. I think they just wanted to overcharge for the item, but didn't want to make it seem expensive so they compensated with shipping charges. I don't know...just throwing that out there.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby chidiver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:13 pm

ispeaktexan wrote:That's dumb. I never quite understood shipping charges...
Because I have bought items that cost me a dollar, and shipping was ten. But then I'd buy something that was 100 dolllars, and shipping was free. I think they just wanted to overcharge for the item, but didn't want to make it seem expensive so they compensated with shipping charges. I don't know...just throwing that out there.

Many times the product is stocked and shipped by fulfillment houses. The S&H charge how they cover their services.
Homosexuality is like duck hunting. Interesting only to those who practice it, and for those who want to stop it.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Well i would see why they would charge then...i hate when they damage something during shipping. Well its not their fault. But it upsets me...especially when they aren't sufficiently packaged.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:11 pm

JW wrote:Things that irk me? Oh don't get me started. I could be one of the stars of "Grumpy Old Men" !

Ah, the perfect forum for JW! Still able to go off on a good rant, I see! :lol: Looks like that company of yours which exports all those little green bottles is still bringing in those pesky Yanks every once in a while to keep your blood pressure up...
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby JustJack » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

I take the train back and forth to work. Last night the train was delayed so when it got there it was packed and hot. There were two teenage girls sitting across from each other each with their feet up on the seat across from them. In essence the two were taking up the space of four people. I couldn't believe there were people standing shoulder to shoulder on the crowded train not saying anything to them. I got a bit pissed and just kicked one girls feet off the seat and sat down. She said "It's called 'being rude'!". I wasn't in a good mood so I somewhat uncharitably said "It's called being a self-absorbed, inconsiderate, thoughtless, selfish little princess. Do you think you're better than everyone else? Do you not see the people you're forcing to stand just so you can put up your smelly, ugly, dirty, flip-flop wearing, gnarly-toed feet?" Her friend quickly put her feet down and slid over so another person could sit down. I stood up and let a really large, uncomfortable looking woman sit down in my place. I could hear the woman chuckling to herself a few times.

What irks me the most is people who show no regard whatsoever for the people around them as if they were somehow more important or worthy than everyone else.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not your sport.
JustJack

Postby chidiver » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:43 pm

JustJack wrote:I take the train back and forth to work. Last night the train was delayed so when it got there it was packed and hot. There were two teenage girls sitting across from each other each with their feet up on the seat across from them. In essence the two were taking up the space of four people. I couldn't believe there were people standing shoulder to shoulder on the crowded train not saying anything to them. I got a bit pissed and just kicked one girls feet off the seat and sat down. She said "It's called 'being rude'!". I wasn't in a good mood so I somewhat uncharitably said "It's called being a self-absorbed, inconsiderate, thoughtless, selfish little princess. Do you think you're better than everyone else? Do you not see the people you're forcing to stand just so you can put up your smelly, ugly, dirty, flip-flop wearing, gnarly-toed feet?" Her friend quickly put her feet down and slid over so another person could sit down. I stood up and let a really large, uncomfortable looking woman sit down in my place. I could hear the woman chuckling to herself a few times.

What irks me the most is people who show no regard whatsoever for the people around them as if they were somehow more important or worthy than everyone else.

Good job! I want to buy you a Snickers.

The best is when you acquised your seat to the other lady.
Homosexuality is like duck hunting. Interesting only to those who practice it, and for those who want to stop it.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm

JustJack wrote:I take the train back and forth to work. Last night the train was delayed so when it got there it was packed and hot. There were two teenage girls sitting across from each other each with their feet up on the seat across from them. In essence the two were taking up the space of four people. I couldn't believe there were people standing shoulder to shoulder on the crowded train not saying anything to them. I got a bit pissed and just kicked one girls feet off the seat and sat down. She said "It's called 'being rude'!". I wasn't in a good mood so I somewhat uncharitably said "It's called being a self-absorbed, inconsiderate, thoughtless, selfish little princess. Do you think you're better than everyone else? Do you not see the people you're forcing to stand just so you can put up your smelly, ugly, dirty, flip-flop wearing, gnarly-toed feet?" Her friend quickly put her feet down and slid over so another person could sit down. I stood up and let a really large, uncomfortable looking woman sit down in my place. I could hear the woman chuckling to herself a few times.

Congradulations!!! Good for you !!! I wish more people did that. Teach these brats some manners. Obviously they're not learning them at home.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby chidiver » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:58 pm

You should have torn off the little Canadian flags sewn on their backpacks there and then! :wink:
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:56 pm

nimby wrote:

Congradulations!!! Good for you !!! I wish more people did that. Teach these brats some manners. Obviously they're not learning them at home.

Ive never even been on a train:/
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby chidiver » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:11 pm

ispeaktexan wrote:Ive never even been on a train:/

No boats, no planes, no trains... I'm not going to even ask about a funicular :D By the end of the year I think you should set a goal of traveling by at least one of those conveyances.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Gnarly-toed! Priceless.

I love a good come-uppance story.
jkav
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Lifestyles