Health Issues

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Health Issues

Postby olywaguy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Went to the doctor today because I have been feeling a lump on my testicle. He ordered an ultrasound for me for Monday, so I will know what's going on then.

Has anyone here ever had such an experience?
olywaguy

Re: Health Issues

Postby nimby » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 am

Oh oh! How did everything go Carlos? PM me or call me at home. You still have my number? I never see you on MSN any more.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby matinee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I had TC 11 years ago. These days TC is highly curable (something like over 90%?) without removing the whole testicle. Only side effect I have is that I am now sterile from the radiation treatments. I didn't even need chemo as I found the lump early on.

What kind of a lump is it? Is it like a hard pea? Larger, smaller?
matinee

Postby olywaguy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:25 am

Well, thankfully, it wasn't testicular cancer. I had an abscess (size of a golf ball) at the bottom of my scrotum. I got it drained a few days before I left Ellensburg for Mississippi for the holidays (just got home an hour and a half ago). I spent most of the time in Mississippi treating post-op. The wound needed to be packed and dressed every few days. Apparently, it is healing well.

Will be seeing my primary doctor this Friday and I will make an appointment with my urologist in Yakima for next week.

It was an ordeal for me not to know what it was before I knew what it was...very stressful indeed.

Nimby: I'm always online on MSN. I haven't seen you there in a long time.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Return to Health & Lifestyles