The end of the world (again)...

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

The end of the world (again)...

Postby nimby » Sat May 14, 2011 10:32 am

So the world is supposed to end again, in only a couple of weeks, on May 21 2011. Yes, no maybe? Do you care? I know this has happened many times before, but one day it WILL happen. What do you think will happen when it does? Heaven, Hell, nothingness? Every time someone claims it all gonna end, I can't help but wonder. What if...?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Re: The end of the world (again)...

Postby Schlodesss » Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Meh. I'm indifferent. Some days lately I kinda hope it does.. That said I hope there is nothingness, like a big long giant sleep..
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Rico » Sat May 14, 2011 2:54 pm

I hope this one is fake and the other fake one scheduled for 12/21/12 is less fake. 12/21 is my birthday and what a party I have planned for that BD! Either way...I'm ready. Beam me up Scotty!
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sun May 15, 2011 2:09 am

Who said the world is going to end on May 21, 2011? I haven't heard anything about that.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Earl Butz » Sun May 15, 2011 3:38 am

olywaguy wrote:Who said the world is going to end on May 21, 2011? I haven't heard anything about that.

Some retarded Christian radio host. He says the rapture will take place on May 21. The world will end on October 21, 2011. He bases this on mathematical calculations he pulled out of his ass. :P

I think alot of people were disappointed the world didn't end on January 1, 2000 so they need a new doomsday to "look forward" to. :roll:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby glas_scot » Sun May 15, 2011 3:57 am

Due to the Entropy of the universe always increasing, the universe will end one day. Luckily for us though this won't happen for Centuries! Party on! :D
--Steve
glas_scot

Postby DeckApe » Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 am

The Doomsday Mindset is always interesting to me. I tend to wonder how the same people can believe the same thing, time after time, flying in the face of evidence in the past (oops, our caluclations weren't right, this time we've really got it..).
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Sun May 15, 2011 11:54 am

Earl Butz wrote:
olywaguy wrote:Who said the world is going to end on May 21, 2011? I haven't heard anything about that.

Some retarded Christian radio host. He says the rapture will take place on May 21. The world will end on October 21, 2011. He bases this on mathematical calculations he pulled out of his ass. :P

I think alot of people were disappointed the world didn't end on January 1, 2000 so they need a new doomsday to "look forward" to. :roll:

I hope Blondie makes an appearance that would be cool for the end of the world to be happening and her singing that song just cranked..
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:37 pm

I heard we're supposed to get a global earthquake that will end us all. I think its all B.S. and I'm not worried. If anything did happen though I'll be mad since I have that Saturday off from work :P
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun May 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Don't forget. It has happened in the past before, and definitely will happen again. Civilizations fall to make way for new ones. One day it will happen.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

^ I don't doubt that something like that did and more than likely will occur again. I just think that type of knowledge goes beyond the scope of man. At least in our day in age. Whenever someone claims to have such superior knowledge I just think its far-fetched.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 pm

But that's my anniversary, and the day before my birthday. Should gifts be purchased?

Seriously though. I don't really mind if the world does come to an end. I'm about as ready as I'll ever be. Besides, I'm no better than anyone else and no one is better than me, so bring it on. I just want enough time to gather my loved ones close and watch the show. We already have plans to all meet on the other side.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Tue May 17, 2011 11:23 am

If the world "ends," no amount preparation will help. So honestly, I'll play it by ear. :D
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby DerWanderer » Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 pm

It would simply be horribly impractical for the world to end on the 21st...

I have entirely too many projects going on at work, and besides, it's not a good time to be getting out of the stock-market.

Fringe lunatics really do need to do a better job of planning events like this if they ever have hopes of going mainstream.
DerWanderer

Postby Guinness Fan » Sat May 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Phew...It's 9:02 EST and no end of the world ~ looks like we made it....Wonder what the zealot's reclama will be...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Maybe we all made it cause we're really bad sinners. Woo hoo! :twisted:
Last edited by nimby on Sun May 22, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Sun May 22, 2011 3:00 pm

I was ever-so-grateful to wake up and find my partner still here this morning. But then, I'm like that every morning. :D
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Return to Health & Lifestyles