How Did You?

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

How Did You?

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed May 04, 2011 8:50 pm

How did you meet your current, or most memorable ex, "significant other"; boyfriend, lover or "friend-with-benefits" ~ define the relationship as you will...at work? in a bar? the library? on-line? mental telepathy?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: How Did You?

Postby furface » Wed May 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Current husbear was a met-on-line story; this site as a matter of fact, shortly after it went live.

Most memorable would have to be Brad, my first LTR (I'm working on LTR#3). I rescued him from under his HD Electraglide in an alley off King Street in Old Town Alexandria. He had started to get on it and the kickstand let go and that 850 lb. oil leakin' machine fell on him. He was pinned under it in such a way he couldn't wiggle free or get enough leverage to pries himself out from under it.

I heard him cursing that thing as I walked to my car. Between the two of us we got it off'n him. He invited me to an after hours place, we had a drink, a year later we were a couple, and 10 years later he was killed riding his beloved Harley on a mountain road in WVA.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby edu999 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Online, all three of them. One through a gay-oriented BBS called eyecontact, the other through AOL, and my current one through gay.com.
edu999

Postby DeckApe » Sat May 07, 2011 10:23 am

Online, through a totally coincidental website about a streamlined ferryboat (we're both interested in maritime history in Puget Sound).
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

In the summr of 1987 I invited a girl I really liked on a party cruise, but she stood me up. On that night I met another girl who had bleached blonde hair and this bright blue bress. She was a little typsy but fun and cheerd me up. A few months later we started dating, and a few years after that we were married. Two wonderful kids and a lifetime later, we're still going strong. The other girl? Still living at home with mom and her cats.

My close scond? I met him here. :D
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Davy » Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 am

I met my most recent "significant other" about 10 years ago (on 9/11 to be exact) through a friend whom I had met online. The friend I met online was already in a relationship and he was keeping me around "just in case". He had also moved his ex here to Alaska "just in case". The ex was his Plan B and I was his Plan C. What this guy hadn't counted on was Plan B and Plan C hooking up, which is what we did. Needless to say, neither of us have any respect for the guy who brought us together. In fact, he's one of only two people I have blocked on facebook. Now the "significant other" has decided he is straight and I have been single for roughly 5 years or so.
Davy

Return to Health & Lifestyles