Need Advice from Al-Anon Members

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Need Advice from Al-Anon Members

Postby olywaguy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 am

I need some advice from Al-Anon members.

For those of you who don't know, Al-Anon is a group made up of friends and relatives of alcoholics and recovering alcoholics.

I have a friend who is living with me who began the process of recovery what would have been today his 43rd day.

On Tuesday, he went out of town to visit his girlfriend and he returned from the train ride drunk. This is his first relapse since he began attending A.A. When I prodded to find out what had happened, he got upset with me of course. Come to find out tonight that he had not spoken to his sponsor in two weeks and that he might not have been attending his meetings in that long a time as well...though up until this trip, he had been sober. He and I got into an argument last Saturday because I accused him of possibly drinking.

The catalyst to the drinking could be his court date for DUI tomorrow morning (Monday).

I need to know how did you deal with a relapse?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Re: Need Advice from Al-Anon Members

Postby Schlodesss » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Tough one Carlos.

Could have been any number of things or just a craving for it. W/o spilling out a million details i'll just say addiction is a bitch, some people and lick a problem get clean and not look back, some never will.

I hope he makes it through ok.
--------------
Schlodesss

Return to Health & Lifestyles