Weight Watchers

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Re: Weight Watchers

Postby nimby » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

And potato chips are part of the vegtable food group. :D Works for me!!!
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:13 pm

nimby wrote:And potato chips are part of the vegetable food group. :D Works for me!!!

I knew a girl one time who would only eat asparagus if they were cooked bundled, wrapped in fatty bacon, and swimming in hollandaise sauce. When I looked at her plate after dinner, the bacon was gone, the hollandaise sauce was gone, but the vegetables remained.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Rico wrote:
nimby wrote:And potato chips are part of the vegetable food group. :D Works for me!!!

I knew a girl one time who would only eat asparagus if they were cooked bundled, wrapped in fatty bacon, and swimming in hollandaise sauce. When I looked at her plate after dinner, the bacon was gone, the hollandaise sauce was gone, but the vegetables remained.

See how easy it is to justify! LOL! Humans are such change and interesting animals. I often wonder about us being on top of the food chain when when foods we justify eating aren't the top. We only make then to be in our minds.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 pm

And yet, some animals eat their own poop too. Hmmm... :D
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby J » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 am

I have had some astounding success this month too.

But it's mostly because I've been so poor I haven't been eating at most more than 1000 calories a week, going 2-3 days at a time eating nothing on a weekly basis.

But hey, I've gone from 210 to 175 in less than 5 weeks, and only 20-ish pounds from where I was at age 14-15. So I'm finally starting to look okay for once, despite bad teeth, dark circles under my eyes from insomnia and a pale face from lack of sunlight.

When I went from 300 to 160 in a year, it was from taking Meridia (was never hungry). I tried weight watchers once, but lacked the willpower.

My blood pressure's back down from 170/100 to 95/55. No Lisinopril for now!
J

Postby mountainman777 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:58 pm

I want to try something different in 2011. I have been doing cardio every week for 45 minutes (3 or 4 times a week) for about 9 months, either elliptical or treadmill. I have not lost any weight. (currently around 175, but want to get down to 160) After doing some weight training I have actually gained a few pounds. Anyone tried to short bursts of intense cardio for say 10 or 15 minutes instead? Any input appreciated. I've heard military style workout is preferable for toning and trimming extra pounds.
mountainman777

Postby olywaguy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 pm

I don't think you gained any fat. I think you may have gained muscle as a result of all that exercising.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby DeckApe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 am

Hey Carlos, still doing WW?

My partner is still on it and is having trouble losing weight under the new point system. He ended up adjusting his tally downwards so that he would actually lose weight.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Well, I did the program during fall quarter, but the program didn't go through for the current winter quarter...not enough people participating. However, an unofficial group does gather together at the same time for support. I haven't been to any of the meetings this quarter yet.

What I have been doing lately, however, is walking more. I walk around Capital Lake which is 1.5 miles for one lap. Most of the time I do two (3 miles) and once in a while, if I have the time, I will do three laps (4.5 miles). I didn't tonight because it is a bit cold out. I think the walking is helping some.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Previous

Return to Health & Lifestyles