Did you Know?

Here's a place to discuss health issues that affect gay men plus the all around lifestyle issues that encompass both gay and straight men.

Moderators: selective_soldier, foxeyes2, drtom

Re: Did you Know?

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:42 am

Clint Eastwood will be 80 in May. :shock:

Tennessee is in both the eastern and central time zones. Nashville is in the central time zone. Nashville is a sister city to Edmonton, Alberta.

River Phoenix's birth name was River Bottom. He'll never get to be an old man river. :?
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:29 am

The Arctic Circle is the southernmost point which can receive 24 hours of total light or darkness on each solstice.

I always just thought it was an arbitrary line that meant.....don't live north of here....too depressing.... :P
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:49 am

No, it's just coincidental. :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby PaterSuspiriorum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 am

My very first post here. I've visited the United States a few times and have always been pleasantly surprised that there are many words I use here that are almost never used in USA or have different meanings.

I call them: biscuits, Americans call them cookies. Where I come from, "cookies" are only "cookies" when they are the chocolate chip types.

I can them: dustbins. Americans: trashcans.

Down here, braces are used to keep your trousers up. In the USA, I believe they are called "suspenders".

Down here, suspenders are what women use to keep their stockings up. In the USA, they are called garters.

Down here, garters are wot soldiers use to keep their socks up. I dunno wot American soldiers call that piece of elastic used to keep their socks up.

And oh, down here, that thingy you use to straighten your teeth are is called a brace.

I visited a friend in Texas once and his really old grandmother (who has never been out of Texas) asked me a question to which I answered "You can't". She thought, I said, due to my accent, "You cunt". And there was quite a bit of drama there.

Oh, I'm not British btw. Am from the "colonies".*grin*
PaterSuspiriorum

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:16 am

I don't know how they found this out, but apparently pigs orgasm last for 30 minutes. How they got to be so lucky is beyond me. If it was the same for humans things would be mighty different.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 am

Dude, it can be. Believe me. Edging is a wonderful skill. 8)
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:22 am

Scissoring is when two lesbians intertwine their legs and then rub their vulvas together.

Stephen Colbert mentions this alot on his show so I looked it up. :lol:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Earl Butz wrote:Scissoring is when two lesbians intertwine their legs and then rub their vulvas together.

I can honestly state that I've learned something new this week :roll:
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:32 am

The deepest part of the Pacific Ocean is 7 miles deep. Mariana Trench off the Philippines. 36,000 feet. It has been considered as a site for nuclear waste disposal, but this is prohibited by international law.

On March 26, 2012 Canadian film director James Cameron reached the bottom as part of an ego trip.

Most of the Pacific Ocean is now a radioactive garbage dump. Silly humans. :roll:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Health & Lifestyles