Arcade Fire - We Exist video

Discuss movies, music, books, events, parties, StraightActing get togethers and other entertaining things inside here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, batty, charmcitywop

Arcade Fire - We Exist video

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Sat May 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Here is a link to the new video by Arcade Fire. The song is about a gay son telling his father, but it fits the video which features Andrew Garfield as a young man questioning his gender identity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRXc_-c_9Xc
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Re: Arcade Fire - We Exist video

Postby catapult » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Question. Just trying to learn.

Is there any evidence or Science that proposes that if being gay means being a little more feminine than the average Joe, then could being Transgender mean being a LOT more feminine than the average Joe? (I realize that is a big IF to begin with. Science is not even clear on that yet.)

In other words, do very feminine gay guys actually feel transgender or are they still content with their male bodies?

Are men who identify as women attracted to men or women? What is the %?
catapult

Postby nimby » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Interesting questions. I'm curious too. Anyone? Anyone?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Nimby and others in my case it is so according to one fun quiz I am about 93 percent Feminine and 7 percent Masculine. lol. Of course you guys may perceive me as being different than that. lol. Also I guy high scores on feminine brain patterns where if I was born female I would be ultra-feminine. So maybe mtf transgender do have a more feminine brain to counter the male body, don't know as we are all individuals, just like there are no two guys alike you are all different some more masculine and some are more feminine as some are in the middle and that is fine with me.
Lesley R. Charles

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 pm

catapult wrote:Question. Just trying to learn.

Is there any evidence or Science that proposes that if being gay means being a little more feminine than the average Joe, then could being Transgender mean being a LOT more feminine than the average Joe? (I realize that is a big IF to begin with. Science is not even clear on that yet.)

In other words, do very feminine gay guys actually feel transgender or are they still content with their male bodies?

And as to if they are transgender or gay that is something only the particular individual can answer, same as a very masculine lesbian, who appears male, is she transgendered or not and that is something you have to work out for yourself. I myself knew I was born the wrong sex at three when I realized that everything I wanted to do or play with was suitable for girls and I had to be strongly encouraged to do anything stereotypical male and this came more noticeable when my younger brother came along.
Lesley R. Charles

Postby catapult » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Lesley R. Charles wrote:
catapult wrote:Question. Just trying to learn.

And as to if they are transgender or gay that is something only the particular individual can answer, same as a very masculine lesbian, who appears male, is she transgendered or not and that is something you have to work out for yourself. I myself knew I was born the wrong sex at three when I realized that everything I wanted to do or play with was suitable for girls and I had to be strongly encouraged to do anything stereotypical male and this came more noticeable when my younger brother came along.

Thanks Leslie.

So you might tend to feel that most, if not all, very feminine gay guys are really transgender?

Does that mean that ALL gay guys may really be a little transgender?

Or maybe there are many very feminine gay guys who are very content and comfortable with their masculine bodies and wouldn't have it any other way?
catapult

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:08 pm

What I think and feel is that maybe the two might be related but it comes down to what the person in question feels about himself. I had a therapist put forth that being gay is being transgendered but only in the area of love and attraction. In a gay male it is set to the feminine and in the gay female it is set to the male every other setting is correct. So a gay man is only female in terms of who is attracted to all the rest develops as a normal male. I don't know whether i agree with it. I think the individual needs to be honest and make his decisions. A gay male may be happy being male and like to be effeminate. I hid my transgenderism for a long time only daring to be a girl in my imagination. Are you questioning for yourself, if so only you can answer who you are and what you want. There is no right or wrong answer, accept who you are and be proud of who you are. Of course these are my opinions, but only a person can answer if they are gay or transgendered, some gay males grow up with female tendencies that they outgrow and may become very masculine so things can change.
Lesley R. Charles

Postby catapult » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

Weird. Some posts are being deleted. I had a couple disappear from this thread and I noticed a couple of nimby's are also missing.
catapult

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Maybe somebody is editing them. lol That is weird as I don't find this to controversial and I for one am not treading on toes.
Lesley R. Charles

Postby catapult » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 pm

At least 5-6 posts of mine and Nimby's have been deleted.

It's hard enough to get any activity going here without deleting posts.

Must be some glitch.
catapult

Postby olywaguy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Only the moderators can edit, delete posts and the moderators for this forum haven't been heard from in a very long time.

I don't see a problem with this thread at all so I wonder why they would be deleted.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby catapult » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Again! I posted something after Olyguy and it is not gone.
catapult

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 am

olywaguy wrote:Only the moderators can edit, delete posts and the moderators for this forum haven't been heard from in a very long time.

I don't see a problem with this thread at all so I wonder why they would be deleted.

I agree Carlos. So it might just be a glitch.
Lesley R. Charles

Postby catapult » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:01 am

Okay, that last post of mine from last night is still there, so maybe the glitch has been corrected.

I wish we could get those posts of mine and nimby's back, but not a big deal.
catapult

Postby catapult » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Started a new somewhat related Toic here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25700
catapult

Return to That's Entertainment