Holiday Season

Discuss movies, music, books, events, parties, StraightActing get togethers and other entertaining things inside here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, batty, charmcitywop

Holiday Season

Postby olywaguy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:39 pm

I can't believe it...Avon just came out with the very first Christmas commercial of the season...it's October 12 people!! Are they crazy or what????
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Re: Holiday Season

Postby Phoenix6570 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 am

Thats nothing. I work at Walmart and we started putting out Christmas product last month...
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Yea...Christmas is already "old news" here in my part of Maryland. Stores have been trickling in Christmas deco and merchandise since early October. Actually, I don't mind. I like Christmas. I'm thinking about putting up my three indoor trees the day after Halloween this year. They make me feel good. :oops:
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 pm

I love Christmas too, it is my favorite holiday and it is the reason that I take my annual vacation time to see my family for a couple of weeks. But, I really hate the commercialization of the holiday...my dad hated it too.

It is absolutely not necessary to put out Christmas items and decoration in September and October....that is crazy!!
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Rico » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:00 am

olywaguy wrote:It is absolutely not necessary to put out Christmas items and decoration in September and October....that is crazy!!

You're right that it seems crazy. For some reason Christmas items and decorations put people in the mood to spend money, and retailers know that. And with the economy tanking, retailers view it as necessary for their bottom lines. Perhaps there will be a side benefit of this early start. Maybe people will get the Christmas "spirit" earlier and let go of some of the nastiness that seems so prevalent.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I did notice the first carton of eggnog last week...
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 am

^ Now thats something I don't mind I LOVE eggnog.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 am

Oh, me too. But unfortunately it has milk in it, which makes me ineligible. :(
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Return to That's Entertainment