Whats the appeal to reality TV?

Discuss movies, music, books, events, parties, StraightActing get togethers and other entertaining things inside here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, batty, charmcitywop

Whats the appeal to reality TV?

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:01 am

The list for reality programing can go on and on and it seems like new reality shows are popping up every day. Why is this? What draws people in to these sorts of shows?

I personally can't stand it. I'll admit I watched Real World and a couple of seasons of American Idol. It was something new and different and I was still young at the time. I think this fad has outlived itself and needs to go away. My main beef with reality shows is that they generally lack creativity in my opinion. I would much rather watch a show that has a new good idea and attempts to fully expand and divulge into it.

To me reality shows are lacking of any real substance. First off you have to question how real these shows truly are. Then when you think of some of the people that make it onto these shows you really question their integrity. Some people like "Snooki" become stars and is this someone we should be looking up too? When they're so many real talented people out there it seems silly to watch these reality programs that don't showcase any of that. I think the quality of TV has gone down anyway and I don't watch much anymore. Just the same shows I've been watching for years now.

Just a random thought that popped in my head but I would like to see what others think.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Re: Whats the appeal to reality TV?

Postby nimby » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 am

I can't stand any of that reality crap. I prefer watching documentaries for my reality dose.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to That's Entertainment