Worst Movie Ever...

Discuss movies, music, books, events, parties, StraightActing get togethers and other entertaining things inside here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, batty, charmcitywop

Re: Worst Movie Ever...

Postby DeckApe » Tue May 17, 2011 11:26 am

I think my WME is probably "Kentucky Fried Movie." it's supposed to be a comedy and I laughed a grand total of once. My partner made me watch it as one of the favorite movies from his youth. Afterward, while refusing to make eye contact, he mumbled something about "you know, that really isn't as funny as I remember..."
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby mojo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 am

Whoaaa !! Wish I'd gotten to this topic sooner.....let's blame my unreliable internet-access for interrupting the diverse and interesting comments you guys post on the board. With a plethora of bad flicks to choose from, how about "Speed 2:Cruise Control" ? It's a nifty title, but the positives pretty much end there. None of the good stuff from the original "Speed" is repeated. Sandra Bullock---totally likable as the spunky, nice-girl-sexy Annie in the bus thriller---is reduced to a one-dimensional, useless second banana in the sequel. Jason Patric takes over for the absent Keanu Reeves, whose character was so charismatic with Bullock in the original. Poor Jason is sent to single-handedly save the day, over and over again---shootouts with a cruelly cast Willem Dafoe, diving overboard, preventing the ship from sinking, chasing an airplane on water, etc....(well, that's how I spend a Saturday afternoon, how about you?) Escapist fun is one thing, but this is just totally unbelievable, despite the climactic special effects in the last few minutes. Just watch the first "Speed" again and enjoy that.
mojo

Postby catapult » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:43 am

I also like almost all Johnny Depp movies. Not the Pirates so much, but Gilbert Grape, Don Juan de Marco, Edward Scissorshands, Finding Neverland and Alice in Wonderland were all good.

I only walked out on The Exorcist. I was a little too high for that one and when she turned her head 360 and cracked her neck bones, I was outta there. I usually don't get bothered by horror movies, so don't know why that one freaked me. I heard they used some gruesome subliminal frames. That would explain it.

I hate all Slasher movies and torture movies. Hated GroundHog Day. Hate stupid movies like Dumb and Dumber and The Big Lebowski. Not a Jim Carey fan.

I like Sci-fi and fantasy and inspirational movies the best. 2001, but read the short book first, Dead Poet's Society, Cider House Rules, Billy Elliot, Cuckoo's Nest, Born on the Fourth of July (Cruise was really good in that one), Rain Man (Cruise again), JFK, Ordinary People, The Insider, Siddhartha, Quadrophenia (The Who), A Night at the Opera, Rio Bravo, Paul Newman, Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep, Yoda, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Lasse Hallstrom, some Woody Allen.
catapult

Postby nimby » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:00 pm

catapult wrote:I also like almost all Johnny Depp movies. Not the Pirates so much, but Gilbert Grape, Don Juan de Marco, Edward Scissorshands, Finding Neverland and Alice in Wonderland were all good.

I only walked out on The Exorcist. I was a little too high for that one and when she turned her head 360 and cracked her neck bones, I was outta there. I usually don't get bothered by horror movies, so don't know why that one freaked me. I heard they used some gruesome subliminal frames. That would explain it.

I hate all Slasher movies and torture movies. Hated GroundHog Day. Hate stupid movies like Dumb and Dumber and The Big Lebowski. Not a Jim Carey fan.

Love Depp and hate slasher movies too. I've never yet sat through an entire viewing of The Exorcist. Just can't stomach it.

I thoroughly enjoy a good haunting movie; those are my favourite. One of the best is the original The Changling with George C. Scott. Love it.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Sweeet » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

If you haven't seen Basket Case, you shouldn't cause it is the worst movie ever. Seperated Conjoined twins, one's a deformed mass (which the other brother carries in a basket). Stop action motion. A mess.
Different men often see the same subjects in different lights; and, therefore, I hope that it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do, speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.-PH
Sweeet

Postby nimby » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I just saw The Smurfs. 'nuf said.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:24 am

nimby wrote:I just saw The Smurfs. 'nuf said.

I could tell by just the previews that it was going to be bad. They made the Smurfs sarcastic and I knew that wasn't going to work. The reason everyone liked them was because of their innocence and charm in their idyllic world. It never works when movie makers stray from the formula that made the original great.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Previous

Return to That's Entertainment