Movie Previews/Recommendations

Discuss movies, music, books, events, parties, StraightActing get togethers and other entertaining things inside here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, batty, charmcitywop

Movie Previews/Recommendations

Postby olywaguy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:53 pm

Lately, they have been showing a preview on TV for Race to Witch Mountain which seems to be either a sequel or a remake of the 1970s Witch Mountain movies starring Ike Eisenmann and Kim Richards. Remember them? They had telepathic powers and such.

The 1970s movies were Escape from Witch Mountain and Return to Witch Mountain.

In Return to Witch Mountain he stars with none other than Bette Davis.

According to IMDB, both Ike Eisenmann and Kim Richards are making appearances in the movie.

Ike Eisenmann Today

Eisenmann and Kim Richards

Eisenmann in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan as the cadet that stayed at his post and died on Scotty's arms.

Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 am

I remember that kid from bad 70's t.v. shows like CHIPs and Emergency.

He had a very pretty face.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:26 am

He kind of looks like a more masculine version of Ryan Reynolds. . . . Am I the only one who finds Reynolds a tad femmy?
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Tue May 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Yesterday I had the opportunity to see Terminator: Salvation and Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian.

Terminator was fairly good with a lot of action and a lot of interesting characters. The movie refers quite a bit to the first movie, so you may want to consider watching it again to refresh your memory. Arnold does make a cameo appearance in the movie...you will just have to see it to find why. :D . I went to see the movie with a couple of friends and one of them wanted to see more action and war in it. I felt there was plenty of killing action going on. It all depends on what you like I guess. Christian Bale does a good job as John Connor. Also look out for a brand new young actor, Anton Yelchin (Chekov in Star Trek) as Kyle Reese.

Christian Bale as John Connor

Yelchin as Kyle Reese

Yelchin as Chekov

Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian: was very funny with quite a few number of gags. A few new characters added and the visual & special effects are great. My friends liked this movie better than Terminator. I just wished there had been more scenes with Ben Stiller and his son. The son basically appears mostly at the beginning of the movie. Quite a lot of action as well. You will have a great deal of fun watching this movie. Watch for an appearance by the Jonas Brothers....but will you be able to pick them out? Also, don't leave right away after the end of the movie, there is one more joke during the ending credits.

Last edited by olywaguy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Re: Movie Previews/Recommendations

Postby Rico » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:57 am

If you've never seen this Australian film from 1994, give it a try. It's "The Sum of Us" starring a young Russel Crowe and Jack Thompson, who plays his father. It's an incredible story that touches every emotion possible, especially father and gay/son relationships. It's simultaneously funny, sad, and inspiring.

In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Re: Movie Previews/Recommendations

Postby Rico » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Put this under the category of "I want to see" but it's a limited release. I posted about the Kitschko brothers before. Celebrated as much for brains as for battering power, the Ukrainian brothers Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko have boxed their way from obscurity to worldwide fame with a discipline envied by many of their counterparts.

KLITSCHKO

Opened on Friday, October 21 in New York and Los Angeles.

Directed by Sebastian Dehnhardt; director of photography, Johannes Imdahl; edited by Lars Roland; music by Stefan Ziethen; produced by Leopold Hoesch; released by Corinth Releasing. In German, Russian and English, with English subtitles. Running time: 1 hour 52 minutes. This film is not rated.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Return to That's Entertainment