Should Bertuzzi have made the Olympic team?

Whether it's talk about the court, the turf, the field, or the guys running around on any of these, this is the place to talk sports.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Do you approve of Bertuzzi representing Canada in Torino?

No, that guy doesn't embody the Olympic spirit
33%
Yeah, it was unfortunate but he even cried about it in public, let bygones be bygones
67%

Total votes : 6

Should Bertuzzi have made the Olympic team?

Postby batty » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:39 pm

Well the Canadian Olympic comittee just approved Todd Bertuzzi's nomination to the Canadian hockey team in Torino.

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/sports/icehockey/stories/index.shtml?/story/olympics/national/2005/12/21/Sports/canadian_olyhockeyroster051221.html

There was some criticism due to what happened with Steve Moore isn't really what you expect from an olympic athlete. Some were just disappointed that Crosby didn't make the cut.

I'm all for giving the guy a break... eventually, but to me that's not the point at issue here. The NHL is a business, where cold, business decisions are made. On the other hand, the Olympic team is a national icon, it's got a very patriotic flavour to it and it represents Canada to the world. Is Bertuzzi representative of that canadian image?

On the other hand, the pressure and the stakes high on team Canada, very aware of the fact that anything short of a gold medal will be a national disappointment. Of course we want Canada to win, Bertuzzi is an asset from the actual game perspective. But how bad do we want it, ya know.

So yeah I guess I probably would have preferred Bertuzzi remain in teh penalty box, playing card with Tie Domi... but hey, he'll be wearing the Canada jersey in Italy. That's the way Moore's neck crumbles :?

What do you guys feel about Bertuzzi making the team?
batty

Postby TEXAN » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Who cares ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

It is all about

TEXAN

Postby Sconesss » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:16 am

Do I believe he should have made the team? That I'm not sure of. Do I think he should be allowed to play....of course I do...
I was asked "how's it going", to which I replied "it's going, not sure where because I'm in no condition to drive."
Sconesss

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:35 am

Sconesss wrote:Do I believe he should have made the team? That I'm not sure of. Do I think he should be allowed to play....of course I do...

Yup. I agree.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Darth_Phallus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:43 am

What it all comes down too is that Steve Moore is a little Bi*ch. He ran his mouth and then he got ran over for it. Now all you hear is "my neck hurts and now I don't know if I can ever play hockey again" Maybe instead of wasting his time with a bullsh*t lawsuit he should have been rehabbing his injury not gambling that a judge will see him as pathetic as the media shows him to be and that he should get a bucket full of cash so he doesn't even have to play a GAME to "get by." I just hate Steve Moore so much. :x
Darth_Phallus

Return to Sporting Life