Working Out?

Whether it's talk about the court, the turf, the field, or the guys running around on any of these, this is the place to talk sports.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Working Out?

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:06 pm

I've always tried to keep fit (other than my ONLY vice; smoking :cry:... and, OK, a pint or three :? ) - I walk everywhere I can, take the stairs instead of the lift, eat my big meal at lunch and a small meal at dinner & limit my snacks to fruits & nuts...I consider myself slim/trim & relatively fit (don't ask me to run a marathon...or a 100 yard dash). I couldn't tell you the last time that I was in a gym & find the whole concept of "working out" in a gym alien to me...just not interested... But, I know a lot of guys who are "gym rats"...or at least go to the gym on a regular basis ~ but I haven't got a clue what they do there...other than show up...

So, how many of you guys are regular gym-goers?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Working Out?

Postby nimby » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 pm

I was a gym bunny for a while until the club let members bring their kids in. I hated waiting in line behind a group of 10 year olds.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:16 pm

I tried it once, about ten years ago... managed to be consistent for six months, then I went on a graveyard shift. It was all I could do to get to work. Too bad; I was making progress. I suppose I don't really have an excuse to NOT go; I just don't. I always use the "hectic life" excuse, but... meh. I'm just a whiner when it comes to my body, really. :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 pm

This weekend was ABSOLUTELY beautiful here in Holland....Highs in the low 60'sF (16 C), no rain....PERFECT running weather....There was a marathon which passed by my apartment ~ I was content to watch them stream by & cheer them on.......but had absolutely no desire to join them. Never could quite figure out the appeal of running....given that you've only got a finite number of heartbeats...never saw the sense in rushing the inevitable...
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:49 am

The only time I ran was in high school. It's okay when the ground is level, but going up a hill I felt like having a heart attack.

We ran around the neighborhood, and there was a hill on the way back. I had to slow down and walk till I got my second wind.

I got a B+ for a final mark, though. The teacher knew I had no athletic talent at all, but I held my own. Tried hard. I guess. :mrgreen:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Now that I've quit smoking and nearly got all the nicotine out of my system, I really want to concentrate on my health. Though I probably won't go join a gym or anything radical, I will start to eat better, walk more, and maybe take the stairs once in a while too.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 pm

nimby wrote:Now that I've quit smoking and nearly got all the nicotine out of my system,

Well done Nimby - but hadn't you quit before???? Every time I've tried to quit, I've failed miserably & fall back into my evil ways. Good Luck - keep us posted as to your progress - I could use some motivation........
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:20 pm

I've been smoke free for going on three years now. I hope this time it sticks. :(
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby toys4grownups » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:10 am

I am not fat but still not a single guy looks at me, what to do?
toys4grownups

Return to Sporting Life