Mendenhall humping Big Ben

Whether it's talk about the court, the turf, the field, or the guys running around on any of these, this is the place to talk sports.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Postby catapult » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Yep, this just happened in today's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2U-BY0Nww
catapult

Re: Mendenhall humping Big Ben

Postby Rico » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:01 pm

I think it's funny and proof that men are capable of almost anything in the excitement of the moment...especially guys on the verge of winning their 7th Superbowl ring. I hope folks don't make more out of this than it really is....just stupid guy stuff.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby catapult » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah, I think it is just that. I thought maybe he may have been making light of Big Ben's rape charges, but I think it was just some primal guy stuff. Just messin' around. Haven't heard of any backlash yet - from the League or Women's Group.
catapult

Postby buccoman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 am

Anybody remember a few years back when Steelers QB Kordell Stewart planted a big kiss on his coach, Bill Cowher? Stewart was "fighting off" the gay rumors for years, and even felt the need to give a big "I am not gay" locker room speech to his teammates.
The Mendenhall "hump" was strange. I've played sports, and watched 'em, all my life, and never saw anyone do that before. I am not saying anybody's gay but it was just such a strange action from a non-gay guy in that context. Ultimately pretty primal I guess, but still very, very unusual....
Anyway, Go Steelers!
buccoman

Postby Phoenix6570 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Rico wrote:I think it's funny and proof that men are capable of almost anything in the excitement of the moment...especially guys on the verge of winning their 7th Superbowl ring. I hope folks don't make more out of this than it really is....just stupid guy stuff.

^ I feel the same way. It was just a funny thing in the heat of the moment and no reason to take it to seriously.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Return to Sporting Life