Ripped Off?

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Ripped Off?

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:07 pm

When's the last time you were ripped off / short changed for a service or product?

It's happened to me more times than I care to remember - usually in a taxi that takes the "scenic route" if they know I'm from out of town or in a dimly lit bar if I use a large bill.

Just happened to me this evening. Ate at a restaurant that I've never been to before. Paid on my way out ~ very dimly lit near the cashier & all the bills here look similar in colour. Stopped along my way home to make a purchase at a shop and pulled out the change I'd been given from the restaurant ~ lo & behold, I realized that I had been short changed by the equivalent of about $7.00 at the resturant... Not the end of the world, but pissed me off nonetheless :twisted: :evil:
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Ripped Off?

Postby nimby » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Um, I think I just got ripped off too. I paid $1700 for a new exhaust and muffler, and it's louder now than it was before. I have to take it back a third time now to get them to fix it. Damn.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Nimby ~ any update on your "rip-off" experience?

I recently had to "fire" a painting contractor that I had hired to paint my house in the US...from afar (i.e. via email). You had to deal with a much more personal-in-your-face muffler/exhaust system rip-off...

And the result???
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:55 pm

I had a pizza delivered to his house that he didn't order. Then I got a paper bag full of fresh dog poop, lit it on fire at his front door and rang the bell and ran away.

Really, I haven't done anything yet, I've been so busy at work. I will try to return next week and punch him in the nose. :x
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm

I feel ripped off every time I pay for my car insurance

No accidents for 34 years now.....um....can't I just have it for free?

:roll:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Return to Guy Stuff