Old Cars....

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Old Cars....

Postby Guinness Fan » Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I am by no stretch of the imagination a "car guy"... I know absolutely nothing about how they work, (other than they have an engine & you have to put petrol in it & check the oil) nor am I snob when it comes to type, make and model... But I've always liked the classic look of French, Italian & English cars from the 50's & 60's. Now that I'm back in Europe, I'm giving serious consideration to buying one of the old classics and bringing it back to the US....... I'm particularly attracted to the Citroen 11... Classic lines,,,,

I'd post a pic, but the best I can do is a link:

http://www.google.nl/search?q=citroen+1 ... 80&bih=633

Thoughts on buying a classic car?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Old Cars....

Postby doctor dan » Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Well, count me as a Citroën fan, too. I have been in love with the DS since I first saw one.

doctor dan

Re: Old Cars....

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 am

Old cars seem to be a big hobby around here. I always see something from the 50's on the road on a Sunday. They really stand out from the dull, boring cars of today.

I see the occasional Mercedes though and wonder what the rich guy driving it does for a living.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Return to Guy Stuff