Car Talk

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Re: Car Talk

Postby nimby » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:51 pm

doctor dan wrote:My hubby had a Mini Cooper S for a couple years before our daughter was born. Warning: It is a rough ride. Bladder-assaultingly rough ride. And our shoulders touched when we were sitting abreast. And there is a small shelf for a backseat, such that a car seat would not fit.

Gas MPG is pretty good. It was fun to drive. And super safe. But that ride...

Did you get that minivan yet? Resistance is futile!! Once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 pm

My folks have a mini-van and every time I go home I loath to drive it...Not having a car...but when I do rent one, it's the absolute smallest one that they've got available (HINT to car rental companies - don't upgrade me - SMALLER is what I want). I find driving a mini-van akin to driving a battleship!
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Well, when I have to drive around my two kids, my wife, my friend and sometimes my mom, I love it. Especially when I'm doing renos on my house and stuff, I love it even more. But, yes, one day soon I'll get my Bimmer back. I'm looking at an X3 .
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Ran across this article about a new type of tire (tyre).....Looks like a great improvement over today's tires...indestructible ~ but probably a bumpy ride.... Any reason (other than the price) why we've not seen these on the road for commercial/private use?

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/po ... on-new-atv
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Guy Stuff