What's In Your Wallet?

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

What's In Your Wallet?

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

This weekend I cleaned out my wallet (yeah, I know, I've gotta get a life)...and was surprised at the amount of junk that I've been toting around. Decided I no longer needed; (a) my Singapore drivers license (b) six receipts ~ the oldest one for a pair of shoes I bought 4 years ago & no longer have, (c) a loyalty card from a store that's been out of business for a year, and (d) two business cards from guys I don't even remember meeting. Found my "emergency stash" of $100 that I'd forgotten which was a nice surprise.

Have you done a deep clean of your wallet lately? If so, any trash or treasures?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: What's In Your Wallet?

Postby Rico » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm

My wallet is very thin. Driver's license, car registration, insurance, AAA card, 1 debit card and 1 credit card. That's it. Money always goes in my front pocket. That way...if my front pockets ever get picked, at least I'll get some enjoyment out of it.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby edu999 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Driver's license, medical insurance card, medical directive card, 2 personal credit cards, 1 corporate credit card, 1 personal ATM card, cash, and some unchecked lottery tickets.
edu999

Postby madsglen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Limited cash, unchecked lottery ticket, three receipts and an ATM receipt, business cards (my own and a few others), half-used book of stamps (thankfully they're "forever" stamps) and the following cards:
-Drivers licence
-Bus Pass
-ATM Card
-Medical Insurance Card
-Dental Insurance Card
-Pharmacy Insurance Card
-Personal Credit Card
-Business Credit Card
-Library Card
-Membership card for the Japanese Gardens
-Costco Card
-Gym ID card
-Security Access Card for my office
-Delta Membership Card (although since I don't travel much for work anymore it's no longer very "perky")

Must have picked this packed wallet thing up from my Dad. His always seemed to weigh as much as a small carry-on :lol:
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby nimby » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 pm

way too much crap.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby glas_scot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:20 am

Let's see,
Driver's Licence, Student ID, Debit Card, Staff Discount card, HMV points card, Club TPR card, a entrance ticket from Sea World Orlando, some cash and a back-up house key hidden in a little pouch.
--Steve
glas_scot

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 pm

A couple of bucks, my license, 3 debit cards two of which I never use. One old ATM card, a very old pass for a free game of mini golf. My key club Kiwanis card( haven't done anything with that in ages) An old gym membership pass, a personal card I got from a co-worker long ago and a picture of my adorable nephew.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby matinee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:20 am

Hmm

Visa, MC, Amex, debit, Costco, Save-On Foods member card, Pet's Mart member card, Driver's License, 9 business cards, couple hundred bucks, old receipts, 2 photos, 3 data center access cards, citizenship card, Social Security card, Alberta Heath care card, a condom (?? I have no idea why as I don't sleep around), and a small pen .... holy cow, I need a purse!
matinee

Postby mojo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 pm

hey, guys---how ya doing, new to the Board here. What's in the wallet? Stuff you forgot about, mostly, until some slime-maggot steals it. (Uh oh---can we say that? I hope so, because it's the most pleasant description I can come up with.) Most cash is in my front pocket, so the wallet had the usual drivers license, bank cards, library cards---all replaceable with some effort--- but for those of you who still carry your SS card with you: rethink that.
How often do you really need it if you've got your # memorized? That's the one thing that's like pulling teeth to replace. Keep it in the strongbox under the bed. Also think twice about keeping a spare key (they now know where you live) and irreplacable photos.
mojo

Return to Guy Stuff