Most Valuable?

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Most Valuable?

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Aside from your health, happiness, real estate, bank balances, stocks, insurance, pensions & 401k plans (basically the liquid $$$ stuff), what's the most valuable "thing" you own?

Me; I'm still scratching my head...got some nice furniture that I had made in SE Asia and some art work I picked up in Europe, a couple of family heirlooms that have sentimental value, but if I were to kick off tomorrow, they'd probably all fetch Goodwill prices...From a strictly $$$ perspective, probably my car ~ a 2007 Ford Focus with less than 4,500 miles on it.
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Most Valuable?

Postby edu999 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:38 am

Well, technically the bank owns my car and my house, so... most valuable thing would be... uhm... my Nikon. lol. If we forget the fact that I am making payments, then it would be my car. I just got a brand-new one 3 months ago.
edu999

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:08 pm

My most valuable possession is something that has sentimental value to me. Its a quartz crystal I got from a great friend I made up at college. He gave it to me when I was going through a really rough time. Another friend showed me how to make a necklace out of hemp so I wove everything together and have my own necklace now. It may not be worth anything money wise, but to me its the most valuable thing I own.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Suppose it would have to be my SUV since I paid cash for it a couple of years ago. If all added together, guess my books and artwork collected over the years would come in second. But the thing I'd grab first in a fire would probably be a small suitcase full of family photos inherited over the years since they're irreplaceable and therefore priceless (to me). Need to get them scanned and onto disk or a portable drive.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby nimby » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:37 pm

My daughters. They bring me such anguish, comfort and joy; I've learned so much about life and love from them and to me they are my most cherrished assets.

Besides them, my back yard hot tub. :mrgreen:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to Guy Stuff