Tesla Roadster

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Tesla Roadster

Postby Daknee » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 am

Image
Image




What do you think of the Tesla all electric roadster?

I really like the way it looks. I'd like to be able to test drive one unfortunatley there are no Tesla stores here in AZ where I live. The price is a little out of my range for now any way, $130,000.00. It is fun to dream anyway!


http://www.teslamotors.com/
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
User avatar
Daknee
Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Phoenix

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:11 pm

236mi? How long does it take to refuel?
Kinda hard to go places on the weekend with a 236mi limit.
***************
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
User avatar
Bramasole_iowa
Member
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:16 pm
Location: away

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Very nice, and green idea, but I like this one better.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/01/pors ... hits-62-m/

"The 918 Spyder is powered by both a 500-horsepower V8 and a pair of electric motors (one for each axle) producing an additional 218 hp or 160kW. At full gallop, the concept can theoretically reach 62 mph in 3.2 seconds and nip 198 mph on the high end. On the flip side, Porsche says it can also achieve 78 miles per gallon and emit just 70 grams of CO2 per kilometer."

This is why I love porsche.
Image

They make awesome cars. This has to be the sexiest, most efficient, and powerful hybrid so far.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby Daknee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 pm

ispeaktexan wrote:Very nice, and green idea, but I like this one better.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/01/pors ... hits-62-m/

"The 918 Spyder is powered by both a 500-horsepower V8 and a pair of electric motors (one for each axle) producing an additional 218 hp or 160kW. At full gallop, the concept can theoretically reach 62 mph in 3.2 seconds and nip 198 mph on the high end. On the flip side, Porsche says it can also achieve 78 miles per gallon and emit just 70 grams of CO2 per kilometer."

This is why I love porsche.
Image




Tex I have to say I like the body style much better to but I wish it was all electric and not a hybrid.

They make awesome cars. This has to be the sexiest, most efficient, and powerful hybrid so far.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
User avatar
Daknee
Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Phoenix

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 pm

It's beautiful isn't it?
And I actually like that its a hybrid because it can go further than 200-some miles.

They're beautiful inside and out.
The Porsches I've driven handle like beasts!
And they feel good too.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby Daknee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 pm

ispeaktexan wrote:It's beautiful isn't it?
And I actually like that its a hybrid because it can go further than 200-some miles.

They're beautiful inside and out.
The Porsches I've driven handle like beasts!
And they feel good too.



Tex you can go 236 miles in the Tesla and look good being 100% green Tex :D
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
User avatar
Daknee
Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Phoenix

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Yeah but then to get across texas I'd have to recharge the car like 3 to 4 times.
So i'd rather be half as green and just have my Porsche.
It's so damn beautiful.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby Daknee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 am

ispeaktexan wrote:Yeah but then to get across texas I'd have to recharge the car like 3 to 4 times.
So i'd rather be half as green and just have my Porsche.
It's so damn beautiful.

There's no arguing the Porsche is the better looking of the two. But I would look good in either one! LOL!
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
User avatar
Daknee
Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Phoenix

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 pm

True both are good looking cars, bet you would :D .
But still I wouldn't want to recharge so much...maybe when the technology has been out a bit more and can go further without a charge, then ill go for it.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Sun May 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Daknee wrote:
ispeaktexan wrote:It's beautiful isn't it?
And I actually like that its a hybrid because it can go further than 200-some miles.

They're beautiful inside and out.
The Porsches I've driven handle like beasts!
And they feel good too.



Tex you can go 236 miles in the Tesla and look good being 100% green Tex :D


Assuming your electricity is green, as well.

Now that Ted Kennedy is dead, it looks like we'll finally start getting coastal wind farms in the US without rich people getting upset that it would get in the way of their damn yachts.
***************
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
User avatar
Bramasole_iowa
Member
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:16 pm
Location: away

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby Schlodesss » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 am

I'd give up all my gas powered sh*t and race gas containers for that Tesla. In a new York minute.
--------------
Schlodesss
Moderator
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:38 am
Location: Lidsville, ON, Canada

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:48 pm

I saw one driving around a month ago in san antonio.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby edu999 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:35 pm

I see a couple of them pretty regularly at the parking lot outside my office building. My former neighbor had one. I want one, too, but I don't have $100K+ lying around. lol
User avatar
edu999
Moderator
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:31 am
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:25 pm

I honestly just want an Impreza STi. Or the new Lotus Elite.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby edu999 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:44 pm

ispeaktexan wrote:I honestly just want an Impreza STi....


My partner had one some years back.. It was awesome on mountain roads, taking twisty bends like it was glued to the asphalt. And it was super fast. Those are great, super-fun cars.
User avatar
edu999
Moderator
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:31 am
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Tesla Roadster

Postby ispeaktexan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:46 pm

edu999 wrote:
My partner had one some years back.. It was awesome on mountain roads, taking twisty bends like it was glued to the asphalt. And it was super fast. Those are great, super-fun cars.


Nice! Yeah they are amazing. Especially after you do the better suspension upgrades.
I have a regular impreza.
But i've driven a good amount of STi's and they're awesome.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm


Return to Guy Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron