Do you own a gun?

A place to discuss guy stuff, in the material sense. Topics and discussions about cars, computers and gadget electronics and other cool "stuff" guys like.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss, Cajun

Do you own a gun?

Yes
42%
No, and I have no intention of owning one
32%
No, but I plan on having one
26%

Total votes : 19

Do you own a gun?

Postby Phoenix6570 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 pm

A few of my friends were talking about guns and gun laws today. More so about the changes to gun laws making people less likely to own one. So I wanted to see other peoples stance on it.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby lazyrascal » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Don't own a gun, but plan on owning one in the future. I go shooting with a few friends from work. It's pretty fun, just gotta borrow a gun from another.
lazyrascal

Postby darkwolf » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:51 pm

I own one but don't particularly like em. I'm all for right to own. The one I got is a hand me down I got when my dad passed away.
darkwolf

Re: Do you own a gun?

Postby rlb2444 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 am

My nephew influenced me to buy a gun. I'm really not into it but I decided if I am going to own one I am going to do it right and get a concealed carry permit. I seldom/never carry it with me except when I travel. In my opinion guns laws are much too lax. Everyone should be required to pass the background checks (mental, drug use, alcohol) and go through the classes and range tests before permitted to own a gun. Just my opinion and I respect others opinions.
rlb2444

Postby Ashpenaz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:17 pm

I've hunted and shot sproradically all my life, depending on what my friends at the time were into. This year, I decided to take up shooting as a hobby. An older guy across the street took me to the range several times and showed me the basics. I bought a Savage Mark 2 .22, and I go to the gun club to practice. I'd like to do more hunting, but since that's not something I grew up with, it's hard to jump in. I have to admit, I not only like guns, I like guys who like guns, so I'm hoping to shoot a wide variety of loads. :o
Ashpenaz

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:20 am

Never owned a gun. My dad used a 22 to kill a rat one time in our attic. There's something so manly about having a gun in the house! :mrgreen:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:24 am

btw Has anyone noticed this thread has a view to reply ratio that is way, way, wayyyyyy out of whack?
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Cajun » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:38 am

Hush up Earl - I'm re-loading the .270 Weatherby Magnum...... :twisted:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby LtotheP » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I dont own a gun atm, but defiantly plan on owning one in the future. I enjoy going out shoot, and would love to go hunting one day.

That being said, I also think we need to have gun laws in place.
LtotheP

Return to Guy Stuff