Why does it seem that all gays are flamboyantly feminine?

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Why does it seem that all gays are flamboyantly feminine?

Postby Desperate » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 am

Why does it seem that you can take the gay out of the girl, but you can't take the girl out of the gay?

Every gay (or "queen" as every gay likes to be called) that I see seems to have forgotten the drag, meaning the gay isn't wearing "her" dress. Now, if this is such a common phenomenon amongst gays, then, why are you queens being so defensive by lying in saying that you don't engage in such effeminate mannerisms? You wouldn't be gay if you didn't. You are acting as if you are ashamed that you are a little bit girly. See http://straightacting.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5453. I think somebody needs to attend a gay pride parade. Exhibiting flamboyant femininity is nothing to be ashamed of, my gay queens. That's what being gay is all about. After all, aren't gays acting gay by dressing in drag and behaving in such a feminine manner? To all my gays everywhere, let that imprisoned screaming bitchy diva queen out and let her become you. Let her wash herself over you. Without "her", u wouldn't have become the fabulous gay that u are today.
Being gay means being feminine!
Desperate

Postby RedKen99 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 am

Who cares... Today is the Time, where people have to REALLY identify with themselves as people. You must find your innerself to find utltimate happiness...
RedKen99

?

Postby Lancey » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:43 am

Exhibiting flamboyant femininity is nothing to be ashamed of, but its not what being gay is all about. And many fem gays do not like or call themselves queen.
Lancey

Postby RedKen99 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:45 pm

We gays come in all forms.

Butch, Leather, Faggotry, queer etc...

Find you own genre, and be happy with it.
RedKen99

Postby anatole noziere » Thu May 08, 2008 3:23 am

Grant me this: I have never dissed any of my fellow faggots or dear sisters for acting however effeminate they wish to--or can't help themselves from being. But truth to tell, we don't have a lot in common. Drag shows utterly *$#*@# bore me. I am not fascinated by female film stars, I'd rather have a tooth pulled than have sex with an effeminate male. And I am sick to death of postmodern feminists telling me that my totally masculine nature is an artificial "social construct." There is nothing feminine about me. Even my enemies think so. Nobody has ever called me "sissy." I don't have an anima. I am boy, boy, boy--top to bottom--and always have been. That's why I like men so much.
anatole noziere

Postby JakeMIke » Thu May 08, 2008 7:13 am

Just be yourself, and live and let live. Don't worry about how others label you. People like to categorize because it makes them feel less insecure about themselves.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 am

First off, there are many types of gay guys. Not all of them are flamboyant, queeny or effeminate. It depends on the individual.
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Q: Who do I take even less seriously than bigoted straights?

A: Queens who want to tell me how to "be gay."
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:28 am

selective_soldier wrote:
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:Q: Who do I take even less seriously than bigoted straights?

:
Image :lol:
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby DeckApe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:Q: Who do I take even less seriously than bigoted straights?

Cheers mate!
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 pm

dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Cachasa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Why does it seem that you can take the gay out of the girl, but you can't take the girl out of the gay?

Every gay (or "queen" as every gay likes to be called) that I see seems to have forgotten the drag, meaning the gay isn't wearing "her" dress. Now, if this is such a common phenomenon amongst gays, then, why are you queens being so defensive by lying in saying that you don't engage in such effeminate mannerisms? You wouldn't be gay if you didn't. You are acting as if you are ashamed that you are a little bit girly. See http://straightacting.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5453. I think somebody needs to attend a gay pride parade. Exhibiting flamboyant femininity is nothing to be ashamed of, my gay queens. That's what being gay is all about. After all, aren't gays acting gay by dressing in drag and behaving in such a feminine manner? To all my gays everywhere, let that imprisoned screaming bitchy diva queen out and let her become you. Let her wash herself over you. Without "her", u wouldn't have become the fabulous gay that u are today.

Statements like this really bug the crap out of me. Being gay means you have sex with and want to fall in love with other men. That's it. It has nothing to do with how nelly you are. The very idea that there are gay men who like cars and sports and "fit in" with straight men must really bug the crap out of you gender non-conforming types. After all the existance of "straight-acting" men means that all of your flamboyant behaviour is a choice that you make and has nothing to do with you being gay. It must be a huge blow to your identity.
Cachasa

Re: Why does it seem that all gays are flamboyantly feminine

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 am

Desperate wrote:Why does it seem that you can take the gay out of the girl, but you can't take the girl out of the gay?

This is the kind of attitude that is responsible for gaybashing happenning to innocent people because of stereotypes being reinforced so negatively that it causes a backlash. Gay pride is a negative marketing campaign that sets back the image of gay people in the eyes of the rest of the world strictly because of the behavior that is exhibited there.

Why wouldn't guys who don't fit the, talk show ratings, sissy mold want to distance themselves from that? This site is called straight acting for a reason: a place for guys that like guys who behave like everyday guys. Sissies don't represent all of gay people anymore than rappers represent all of black people. The extremes just make for great news stories.

To answer the question. All gays are not flamboyantly feminine. Just the "detectable" ones are.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Rune » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:43 am

Dunno what the OP is talking about. I think being gay is about finding men extremely hot. I don't think I ever once got the urge to dress in drag or be girly. In fact, one of the reasons I prefer guys to girls is because I'm not a fan of a lot of the 'girly' behaviors even in women, and to a much greater extent in the overexaggerated and unnatural version of the 'queens' you're talking about. So uh... speak for yourself. If that's what you like to do that's cool. I'll just stick with liking dudes and being exactly how I've always been, instead of changing myself to fit some sort of 'queen' stereotype.
Rune

Postby Frizzurd » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:33 pm

I have seen that rat monster video before. Man that pissed me off to such an extreme. Everyone will see it and say that "gay" guy as opposed to that "fem" guy
Frizzurd

Postby dracuscalico » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:26 pm

Frizzurd wrote:I have seen that rat monster video before. Man that pissed me off to such an extreme. Everyone will see it and say that "gay" guy as opposed to that "fem" guy

This is the one that infurates me more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YvUSZ-Jajs

If I was in charge his ass would be fired!
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:02 pm

I would have fired him to. His reaction was completely unprofessional. Spiders scare the hell out of me but I wouldn't whimper like he would. My reaction would be to kill the thing. Honestly once you get to a certain age unless you have some extreme phobia reactions such as his are completely ridiculous.
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:49 pm

He went from relatively undetectable,to the worst sissy stereotype that would embarass even the most effeminate loud and proud activists.

I hope they fired him. He DID get a second chance...and did the same damned thing even worse the 2nd time.

BUH BYE !
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Frizzurd » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 pm

He is not THAT scared. Its obvious hes playing it up just like valley girls do.

By the way, why hasn't Paris Hilton drug overdosed or car wrecked yet?
Frizzurd

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:05 pm

It proves my point that sissiness is an "affectation" and that there IS an off switch as well as an on switch. And no one deserves special treatment or rights because they CHOOSE to behave like a sissy. There is always a choice in how a person decides to behave in every circumstance.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Frizzurd wrote:By the way, why hasn't Paris Hilton drug overdosed or car wrecked yet?

She's moving to London permanently. . . . I just heard it on "Chelsea Lately," so it must be true. . . . Maybe she and Amy Winehouse will bite it together.
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm

(she has been tipped off as to what is about to happen in this country...)
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:51 am

What's coming up must be pretty bad if living in London is the better alternative.

London = ick.
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Re: Why does it seem that all gays are flamboyantly feminine

Postby Ben » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Desperate wrote:Why does it seem that you can take the gay out of the girl, but you can't take the girl out of the gay?

Don't you realize that you see things this way because the flaming fems are the most visible gays. The ones who do NOT exhibit the behaviors you mention are the ones you don't notice, and so you think all gays are fem or flaming.

Dude, you need to get out of the gayborhood more often. :lol:
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby PhillyAgenda » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:23 am

dracuscalico wrote:
Frizzurd wrote:I have seen that rat monster video before. Man that pissed me off to such an extreme. Everyone will see it and say that "gay" guy as opposed to that "fem" guy

This is the one that infurates me more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YvUSZ-Jajs

If I was in charge his ass would be fired!

For goodness sake. That was ridiculous. Part of this clip is on a commercial for a radio show I've heard before. And yup of course people will say that gay guy instead of that fem guy. It's the classic image of a gay man in so many people's minds. So for people whose only contact or knowledge of gay people is seeing gays like this on TV, this is just reinforcing stereotypes.
PhillyAgenda

Next

Return to Stereotypes