effeminate openly gay black men

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

effeminate openly gay black men

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:45 am

I had a conversation with a straight male coworker yesterday based on a customer we saw go by.
Customer was an early-20s/college-age African-American guy that was wearing tight pants and a wife beater. (had a nice squeezable ass, Chip). When he walked his hips swished back and forth and he had the whole arm bent with limp wrist thing going on.

So our conversation was how, at least at Iowa State, most of the openly gay black men tend to be effeminate. I listed 8 gay black men that I know at ISU and only 1 of them is not effeminate, but he's all about the "down low" even though everyone knows he's gay.
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:33 am

Iowa is not a good location to make observations about black gay males.

Even Ames a university town, thus having a higher percentage of Blacks for, Iowa, still only has 1.98% blacks in the general population.

So maybe for Iowa, 1.98% is considered a large Black population, but not for the rest of the world. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames,_Iowa.

Looks pretty white to me.

Postby Gaydudelaf » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:35 am

Haha that dude in the blue shirt with the yellow stripe looks pissed off!
------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

Postby Brandon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:39 am

Gaydudelaf wrote:Haha that dude in the blue shirt with the yellow stripe looks pissed off!

You would be too Chip, if your wife crammed an ear of corn up your bum.....

LOL....

Actually, he looks more bored to me than pissed.
Brandon

Postby Gaydudelaf » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:26 pm

Brandon wrote:
Gaydudelaf wrote:Haha that dude in the blue shirt with the yellow stripe looks pissed off!

You would be too Chip, if your wife crammed an ear of corn up your bum.....

LOL....

Actually, he looks more bored to me than pissed.

I would be if Cole did too! :shock:
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby olywaguy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:40 pm

For the past two years I've served as a judge for the Washington State History Day. It's a lot of fun.

Washington doesn't have a very large black population either. Most of the black community is located in Tacoma...Olympia has hardly any blacks.

I grew up in Mississippi where over 30% of the population is black. So, it is weird living in state where blacks are a rarity.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby blu » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:06 pm

More openly gay black men seem to be effiminate, then openly gay white men. Im black, and Im feminine. Alot of us are also involved in the "ballroom" scene(not me though).
blu

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:57 am

olywaguy wrote:For the past two years I've served as a judge for the Washington State History Day.

Does that mean you can fix a speeding ticket from Washington?
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby olywaguy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:10 pm

Gaydudelaf wrote:
olywaguy wrote:For the past two years I've served as a judge for the Washington State History Day.

:lol:
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:17 pm

olywaguy wrote:
Gaydudelaf wrote:

:lol:
:wink:
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:57 am

Well........Image I've seen some gay black men who aren't overtly feminine.. Mostly the ones on the D/L

Yet a good many I know who are out are blazing..Image
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby medic » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:11 am

Hey Iowa,
Are you stupid or what?! have you been out in the world..at all? there are as many queeny white guys as black, and there are many many "straight acting" black men also, including myself. What was the point of your post? It has absolutly no direction. Was it to add yet another stereotype to black people?
Middle America white people kill me.
This board is so unwittingly racist, it would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

g
Dont let the bastards win!
medic

Postby madsglen » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:31 pm

olywaguy wrote:Washington doesn't have a very large black population either. Most of the black community is located in Tacoma...Olympia has hardly any blacks.

I grew up in Mississippi where over 30% of the population is black. So, it is weird living in state where blacks are a rarity.

While, I'll agree that there aren't as many black people (African American or otherwise), I wouldn't say they are a rarity in Washington, Carlos. There just aren't as many outside of King, Pierce or Snohomish counties. I think you'll find it's the same in most states once you get outside of the major metro areas. My neighborhood is about 30% white, 35% black, 20% hispanic and 15% asian (not Census figures, just my own observations over the last 17 years). On the whole, though, your're right. For a variety of reasons there aren't (and won't be) as many black people in Washington as you'll find in many other major metropolitan areas of the Midwest, South or Southwest.

As far as effeminate black men in this area, I don't see 'em. The few black gay men I know aren't what I'd call effeminate, although they're are those 'femblacks' out there. When you meet up with a 'swishy' black man he tends to stand out, that's all, since he doesn't fit into the typical stereotype of 'banger' or 'brother'.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:21 pm

medic wrote:Hey Iowa,
Are you stupid or what?! have you been out in the world..at all? there are as many queeny white guys as black, and there are many many "straight acting" black men also, including myself. What was the point of your post? It has absolutly no direction. Was it to add yet another stereotype to black people?
Middle America white people kill me.
This board is so unwittingly racist, it would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

g

FORUM: STEREOTYPES
the forum description wrote:Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

And thanx for pulling the race card. Perhaps you have unsettled issues that you should seek counseling for.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby medic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:12 pm

Again i ask you what was the purpose of your post? what direction did it have? Go back and re-read your words, what is it that you are trying to say or imply? OK you know 8 black men and 7 are effeminate..and?
By your own hand you are attempting to make a veil implication and whats funny is that either you cant see it or you meant it, both equally sad.
But then...
And i have the issues.

g
medic

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 pm

medic wrote:Again i ask you what was the purpose of your post? what direction did it have? Go back and re-read your words, what is it that you are trying to say or imply? OK you know 8 black men and 7 are effeminate..and?
By your own hand you are attempting to make a veil implication and whats funny is that either you cant see it or you meant it, both equally sad.
But then...
And i have the issues.

g

Bramasole_iowa wrote:I had a conversation with a straight male coworker yesterday based on a customer we saw go by.
Customer was an early-20s/college-age African-American guy that was wearing tight pants and a wife beater. (had a nice squeezable ass, Chip). When he walked his hips swished back and forth and he had the whole arm bent with limp wrist thing going on.

So our conversation was how, at least at Iowa State, most of the openly gay black men tend to be effeminate.

And in case you didnt see this:

blu wrote:More openly gay black men seem to be effiminate, then openly gay white men. Im black, and Im feminine.

And in case you need glasses:

Bramasole_iowa wrote:I had a conversation with a straight male coworker yesterday based on a customer we saw go by.

So our conversation was how, at least at Iowa State, most of the openly gay black men tend to be effeminate.

blu wrote:More openly gay black men seem to be effiminate, then openly gay white men. Im black, and Im feminine.

If you still have a problem, proctologists can pull the stick out of your ass. Not sure what to do about your racial problems. Nobody seems to be able to cure Jesse Jackson or Louis Farrakhan of theirs, so I guess you're screwed.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:52 am

Joel, I am glad for your restraint. But to all parties can we please stay on topic and not get into personal attacks.
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Postby Keithr118 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:01 am

I try to avoid these open-ended threads, but something inside me is telling me to thrown in my hat.

Here goes: My understanding is most of us are drawn to this site because we don't fit the accepted gay molds which dominate the country/media. I for one, am not effeminate but am most definitely black and gay. (Cajun can vouch for me if ya'll want proof :wink:). I think most gay men REGARDLESS OF RACE, tend to be effeminate because the dominant gay culture encourages them to be campy, flambouyant and "gay it up." And yes, there are pressures to fit in within gay society. But whether we want to admit it or not, there are natural gay tendencies which occur, simply due to being gay. I, for one, can pass. Not that I chose to, it's just the way God made me. I dont' gay it up because I don't need or want to. I'm just me. But many of our gay brothers and sisters don't have that choice, if they need it. How many times have you heard yourself say, "she just looks like a dyke."? Many people are forced to put on a persona to survive. I believe someone said, the only masculine gay black man they knew was on the dl. GROSS! To me that makes him a liar, which is a bigger offense.
LET'S GO YANKEES!
Keithr118

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Bramasole_iowa wrote:
If you still have a problem, proctologists can pull the stick out of your ass.

Can someone put a sock or a cock in this queen's (Bramasole Iowa's) mouth?

LMAO!!

Postby medic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm

After all that, you still cannot answer my question, WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR POST? After all your posturing(which i can only conclude you also do in real life) you still have not answered my question.
And i guess that any black man that doesnt allow some backwater midwestern klansman to say any thing he wants has a stick up his ass. So be it. And I am sure that Jesse Jackson et al concurs.

g
medic

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:38 pm

medic wrote:backwater midwestern klansman

Lesley R. Charles wrote:But to all parties can we please stay on topic and not get into personal attacks.

if you would turn off your attempts to turn this into a race war and see that
A> this thread is in the forums of stereotypes, where we discuss them
B> this thread is discussing the stereotypes of effeminate black men and perhaps even stereotypes of openly gay black men
then perhaps you would understand the thread.
Instead you're trying to martyr yourself and attack me at the same time.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:20 am

LOL. Love the bitch fight, guys. This board could use some drama. The moderators make it so dreadfully dull....

Eddie Murphy gives off a pretty faggy vibe....maybe alot of black guys are imitating that? Then again what do I know, I live in eskimo land...
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Gaydudelaf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:30 am

Earl Butz wrote:LOL. Love the bitch fight, guys. This board could use some drama. The moderators make it so dreadfully dull....

Eddie Murphy gives off a pretty faggy vibe....maybe alot of black guys are imitating that? Then again what do I know, I live in eskimo land...

Does anyone watch Noha's Ark?
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby Keithr118 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:03 am

Why do I bother? :roll: :x
LET'S GO YANKEES!
Keithr118

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:49 pm

medic wrote:After all that, you still cannot answer my question, WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR POST? After all your posturing(which i can only conclude you also do in real life) you still have not answered my question.
And i guess that any black man that doesnt allow some backwater midwestern klansman to say any thing he wants has a stick up his ass. So be it. And I am sure that Jesse Jackson et al concurs.

g

Hi, Medic.

Maybe you should try mentioning and discussing all the stereotypes about straight-acting men in general...or stereotypes about white men in general?
(Yes, there's a whole lot of things that straight-acting men allegedly do/are known for in the gay community...)

Let's see if certain people are as open-minded as they claim to be, once we talk about stereotypes that touch them personally...

Next

Return to Stereotypes