Conspiracy Theory

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Conspiracy Theory

Postby Smitty » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:12 pm

I was pleased to read today that no serious researcher believes the 'gene theory' will offer a 100% explanation for homosexuality.

The 'germ theory' is interesting academically - rather terrifying socially.

The 'mommy over protected him' theory has been disproven as I hope has the 'absent father' theory.

I wonder - how many theories of homosexuality are there? How many were once accepted that appear absurd today? How many considered today are equally absurd?

Me? I totally believe it is an evolutionary leap. Evolution said, "OK. Humans reproduce like crazy. Now what am I going to do about their hair?" Hence, the creation of homos. :lol:

So, what are your favorite or least favorite theories of the cause of homosexuality?

Why are so many people trying to figure us out?
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby ditchdigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:27 pm

I think homosexuality is part of nature, as a means of population control. There are species that alter one way or another when over population occurs due to environmental stressors, the same way some species alter sexes when too many of one side is produced.

How's that for a theory? or hypothesis.

As for the least favorite - that would have to be that it is purely by choice. That each and every one of us awoke one morning, smacking our lips and wanting that taste for something different.
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious
cult." -Rita Rudner
ditchdigger

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:31 pm

Me, I think homosexuality like transsexuality is something you are born with. I for one, knew I was born the wrong sex since I was three. That was also around the time I was called a faggot for the first time. That was because I was always very feminine and did not try to hide it.
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:51 pm

Lesley R. Charles wrote:Me, I think homosexuality like transsexuality is something you are born with. I for one, knew I was born the wrong sex since I was three. That was also around the time I was called a faggot for the first time. That was because I was always very feminine and did not try to hide it.

I agree with you. We are since birth.

But I don't believe it is genetic.

I believe it's in our souls, put there by G_d.

Postby batty » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:13 am

I'm still mulling over the idea that if there is no real reason for homosexuality, why can it be traced back in history? We seem to assume that it has always been "there". But why doesn't it show signs of decline? This can only mean that there IS a reason/need for it Coz if it's a fluke of nature, then there's one heck of a screw up; millions of gays, with a supply that's constantly being replenished. Seems very consistent for a f*ck up.

Russ, you brought up the population control theory. But then, infertility and impotence are/could be forms of population control. And much more effective since one can't deny being infertile. Mother nature hadn't planned that some men would drink the "ex-gay" kool-aid.

And if it's genetic, the intricacies of how it's passed on are another can of worms. Are we the sons of homosexual fathers (in denial)? How about the straight men whose father is gay? How about gay brothers? gay twins (and the non-gay ones)?

Surely we are more than mere "demographic buffers"... or then maybe that's me who's in denial, because otherwise that's one major blow to the meaning of life to us gays.
batty

Postby Schlodesss » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:35 am

Far from Flaming wrote:
I agree with you. We are since birth.

But I don't believe it is genetic.

I believe it's in our souls, put there by G_d.

I am somewhat in agreeance of the above.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby qwertz » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:04 pm

The origin of homosexuality!?!?!?!?
The origin of heterosexuality!?!?!?!
The origin of collamun !?!?!?!
The origin of scrolamun!?!?!?!?

In the 1st place who did invent such stupid notions like heterosexuality, scrolamun, homosexuality or collamun? Those are only notions, words to which according to some stupids consequences are connected. What is the origin of all that?
qwertz

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:43 am

What is the reason of the word for the color red? Everybody knows what it is, why do we need a word for that?... :lol:
Jokes aside, I think the reason for these words is because vocal language needs adjective words to work. When you talk about a person's sexuality, you need some word to describe it. The stupid concequences are a fact because of stupid people.

We've had this topic before.
What I heard on some science show (that wonderous Discovery Channel) was that you could see a clear concentration of gay men emerging from families with a very testosterone saturated environment. Boys that grew up with a very dominant father, boys that grew up with lots of brothers, maybe with no mother, just a father to take care of them.

This seems to only be the case with boys. No pattern could be seen with girls who grew up in testosterone dominant environment - or ostrogen dominant environments for that matter.

I guess the theory stuck with me because I grew up alone with my father, so...
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby Smitty » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:01 am

Ben wrote:I guess the theory stuck with me because I grew up alone with my father, so...

And I grew up alone with my mother. I have no clue.

To the person who PMed me, I really want to reply, but I seem to be surrounded, at the moment, by fans flinging brown stuff. The cleanup is a bitch. Wish you had posted openly as your theory is worthy of consideration.

Do heteros feel a need to know why they are hetero? Most of us grew up in hetero environments and absorbed, either directly or by osmosis, hetero myths and superstitions about homosexuality.

I think the gay focus on a genetic or other prebirth cause of homosexuality is an apology to heteros. If the cause is beyond our control, we are blameless - as if homo-hood deserves blame. Personally, I haven't ruled out environmental causes or even choice - though we may not recognize it as choice.

Lefthandedness has a rich history of being evil and something to be avoided at all cost. I recall becoming handed. I seemed to have an ease with either hand when my father imposed that I must use only my right hand. Being headstrong, I resented his interference. My mother was lefthanded. What was wrong with that? No answer. I willfully used my left hand and became lefthanded. Now... was I born lefthanded, in which case my choice meant nothing or did I choose to be lefthanded?

How old was I? 13? 14? Life looked like a trap. What do people want? Sex. So you bust your ass, work like a slave, accumulate worthless junk only to attract a female, get married, deal with that nightmare, all to have sex - which leads to kids, additional responsibility - more strings to tie you to the social trap... My experience at that point had been prepubescent 'I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours', yet it occured to me that if the goal was to get off, I could do that with another guy. Was that my inner homo expressing itself or was that a choice?

On a level playing field, no one would care. Being homo wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

What I see in the homo world is that we are still operating off a hetero viewpoint.

Remove the heteroness. Would homos still have low self esteem? Would homos still be trying to kill themselves?

IMHO, most of the bizzare homo behavior - which ruins lives and perpetuates myths about homos - has as its' source a subliminal belief in hetero myths about homos and is a dysfunctional reaction to that belief.

Remove a dependence on hetero approval and what do we have? Freedom?

We shouldn't have to explain ourselves.
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby rovie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:04 am

... and I grew up in a family with a mother, father and brother... it was a bit male orientated but then my sister came along when I was about 10 .... but I was already a homo.... way, way back.

Identical twins brought up in the same family environment show that homosexuality isn't purely a case of genetics.

Homosexuality is so across the board in terms of race and nationalities over great spans of time (aeons).. that we can be sure that it is a response to some phase in our evolution a million or more years ago.

If you can't hack evolution, then you have to accept that God made you the way you are.

Whatever you believe - babes - it's here to stay.
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby solat » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:52 pm

The population control theory gets on my goat. There are more effective ways for Nature/God to control that. It's called plague and pestilence. The fact that we've recently managed to cure most ills doesn't mean that evolution has compensated at lightning speed in the time it's taken to cure the pox or tuberculosis.

Not sure about psycho-analytical reasoning either, especially when it's currently being re-assessed in light of new discoveries in brain function and genetics.

Why are we gay? I have no idea. Why do people prefer chocolate over strawberry or vice versa?
solat

Re: Conspiracy Theory

Postby Beamer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:05 pm

Smitty wrote:So, what are your favorite or least favorite theories of the cause of homosexuality?

Why are so many people trying to figure us out?

Well Smitty, I've always thought it had to do with population control like ditchdigger mentioned. Just one of the ways nature tries to deal with overpopulation. I don't have any scientific study in front of me to back that up, but it's just my gut feeling. Not the PC thing to say, but I have never tried to be PC.

From a religious standpoint, I think it is one of the many tests we get from God. There are many ways that people are tested in life, to see how they handle different things that happen to them. I can't explain why some people are tested in more difficult ways than others, but that is my personal belief.

People are trying to figure homosexuality out because people probably want some way to prevent it. Others don't really care one way or the other, they just want to understand it. For those who want to change it, it's reasonable that you can't change something when you don't understand what it is or how it happens. Is it safe to say that most people who want kids would rather have straight kids than gay kids? I think so. Although most people love their kids unconditionally, before they show up on the scene... I believe the overwhelming majority would pick straight over gay. I don't think it will ever be something that can be changed since I don't think it's hereditary or that it's in your genes.
Beamer

Postby furface » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:40 pm

<Possibly off topic. If so - I apologise>

Beamer writ large:
From a religious standpoint, I think it is one of the many tests we get from God. There are many ways that people are tested in life, to see how they handle different things that happen to them. I can't explain why some people are tested in more difficult ways than others, but that is my personal belief.

This (a test from God) has always confused me. God, according to Christian theology, is omniscient. Such a being would by definition know how all would react to all situations. What's the point of testing someone

<on topic>
My favorite theories are in fact tied together. Homosexuality is learned behavior; homosexuals recruit.

I'm the eldest of 6 from a conservative RC military family. I can assure all - there was never any one in my family experience and enviornment that taught me to be gay. As for being recuited - no way was I recuited.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby rovie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:37 am

hmmm.... must say that I don't go for the 'I'm God's experiment' theory.

I mean how many experiments does He need to put homos through to prove whatever ......... and then push His created homos to destruction or torment by his own manual - the Bible?

Nuh, doesn't make sense
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby Ben » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Uummm if God is omnipotent, the creator and knower of all things - why does He need to do experiments?
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby ditchdigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:47 pm

I don't think of homosexuality or any wide array of things that God may throw at us as tests, more like his sense of humour...letting us know we should take more time to enjoy life and relax...don't sweat the small stuff.
cult." -Rita Rudner
ditchdigger

Postby rovie » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:53 am

I don't think the God of the New and Old Testaments has a sense of humour. The only time God is recorded as laughing (Old Testament) is when he is laughing at the destruction of his enemies. And gays don't exactly come out as God's friends..... think I'm wandering off topic.....
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby ditchdigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:17 am

Ok Rovie, just lightening the mood before we got into a huge religious debate over whether or not God is gonna smite us down for being who we are.

As for conspiracy and all that...honestly, I think it just 'is', like most things in life. We're gay because we are, and that is about as complicated as it should get.
cult." -Rita Rudner
ditchdigger

Postby Smitty » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:24 pm

I was hoping for superstitions and old wives tales - like being gay is an 'alternative lifestyle' - sorta like buying new furniture.
Smitty

Re: Conspiracy Theory

Postby selective_soldier » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:32 am

Beamer wrote:

I agree with this theory
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby qwertz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:47 am

Life is not about taking an exam (and then go to purgatory for a retake!?!?!?). If that's god's purpose, he is making a fool of himself.
qwertz

Postby qwertz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:11 am

One reason most people are heterosexual (as opposed to polysexual) is that their religious and social traditions directly support family living and the kinds of mateships that comprise it.

Source: http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=62181864

The question is not why does one become gay, but why does one become str8 . I am sure homosexuality is an absolute necessity, but this will only be definitely proven when a way to suppress it (which they NEVER will find whatsoever) will be found. It will then appear they suppressed heterosexuality and all other kinds of sexuality as well, killing god's plans (as religo's talk) forever. Besides the necessity of homosexuality has already been proven (see one of my former posts I cannt find anymore).
qwertz

Postby qwertz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:28 am

qwertz

Postby SpendingSomeTime » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:26 am

batty wrote:Russ, you brought up the population control theory. But then, infertility and impotence are/could be forms of population control. And much more effective since one can't deny being infertile. Mother nature hadn't planned that some men would drink the "ex-gay" kool-aid.

Actually this would be incorrect. An infertile male will still hookup, for life, with a fertile woman, removing her from reproducing. He is still competition for other males. Gay men aren't competition. Gay-men take the supporting role in the extended family (the brother/uncle who never married, the "safe" guy friend of the wife).

I think there is a genetic component to it, like almost every physiological thing in life. Our genes program our body for accepting this role.

ALl of human life can be reduced to basic species survival the same as we do wi=hen anlyzing animals. We may not be comfortable with viewing people as simply rutting animals, but that is an important part.
- Royal

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" -- Sinclair Lewis
SpendingSomeTime

Postby qwertz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:32 am

Population control theory can not be right since numerous gay men have children.
qwertz

Next

Return to Stereotypes