Chubby Chasers

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Re: Chubby Chasers

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 am

And just because you're skinny doesn't mean you'e healthy, I think the best way to be is height/weight proportionate.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Davy » Tue May 10, 2011 12:22 am

I like chubby guys, period.
Davy

Postby Daknee » Sat May 14, 2011 1:24 pm

A Good example of what I like is actor Adam Pally, who now can be seen in the new series Happy Endings
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby olywaguy » Sun May 15, 2011 2:07 am

Daknee wrote:A Good example of what I like is actor Adam Pally, who now can be seen in the new series Happy Endings

He is the gay guy on the show and the only reason I have watched a few of the episodes. I am interested on how the show will portray gay people through him.

Remember when the character of Will and Will & Grace was more masculine during the fist season and then was feminized later on? I hope it doesn't happen with this character and this show.

Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Daknee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:39 pm

olywaguy wrote:
Daknee wrote:A Good example of what I like is actor Adam Pally, who now can be seen in the new series Happy Endings

He is the gay guy on the show and the only reason I have watched a few of the episodes. I am interested on how the show will portray gay people through him.

Remember when the character of Will and Will & Grace was more masculine during the fist season and then was feminized later on? I hope it doesn't happen with this character and this show.

Thanks for posting this photo olywaguy. In one of the early episodes they made a big deal about him be straight acting, So I would hope they would not feminize his character
Daknee

Postby David » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 am

The issue was previously raised and I would like to second the comment about it not being about a person's weight. I would prefer to date someone who is healthy rather than someone who is sedentary or grossly obese. I find that I wouldn't date an extremely large person not because of size, but because I would be afraid that I wouldn't have many things in common. What works for me is to having a lifestyle that involves a large degree of athleticism and spending time outdoors. It probably wouldn't be a good thing to drag a larger person on a 10 mile run when I know all they are thinking about is stopping or how they would rather kill me. or me I do not maintain my viewpoint as a discriminatory measure, but as a gauging of the type of relationship I would be able to have with this person.

Anyone could be considered attractive. They problem is that when people tend to believe that they are the only one out there "like them." Say for example you reside in Southern California and you happen to be 500 pounds. I could see how perhaps it would be easy to think that many people reject you based upon the culture/deep-rooted stereotypes, but if that person were to move to another part of the country then they could be easily more accepted. There are plenty of people in all locations of the globe who would love the opportunity to date someone who was bigger and had other qualities to contribute into a relationship. That being said, I don't think that perhaps the So. California people are completely discriminatory based upon their lifestyle or preferences, but it could easily feel like that to a person who does not hold those types of beliefs.

I once read a story about a marathon runner who happened to hold all of his weight in his belly. This guy was a warrior and just happened to look like he polished off a box of Krispy Kremes and then ran a long race, while smashing the competition.

This past Sunday, I was eating at a delicious Asian restaurant with some friends and the check/tray of fortune cookies was presented at our table. I waited as each person grabbed a cookie immediately to seal their dinner with what they hoped would be a great nugget of wisdom. As the last person, I opened mine and read:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
David

Postby justaguy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm not a self-proclaimed chubby chaser, but I have a smaller athletic build. I like a thick guy. They are smokin' hot.

Football linemen ... easy visual example, but the frame and build make a difference. Plenty of sexy guys in the upper half 200's into 300's, but you'd never know it by their build. I'm not into muscle bodybuilder guys.
justaguy

Postby matinee » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 am

justaguy wrote:I'm not a self-proclaimed chubby chaser, but I have a smaller athletic build. I like a thick guy. They are smokin' hot.

Football linemen ... easy visual example, but the frame and build make a difference. Plenty of sexy guys in the upper half 200's into 300's, but you'd never know it by their build. I'm not into muscle bodybuilder guys.

I have no set shape/size preference BUT, if you are 6 feet and weigh 140 lbs then it is a turn off. Also, you can be 300 lbs for all I care BUT if you look like a jelly fish then it is also a turn off.
matinee

Previous

Return to Stereotypes