7 Types Of Gay Men That Scare Us

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

7 Types Of Gay Men That Scare Us

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:02 am

http://www.blackvoices.com/boards/gay-and-lesbian/gaybrothers/gay-brothers/7-types-of-gay-men-that-scare-us/6440/1

I found this article yesterday. What do you guys think of what it says? Would you say its accurate for the most part?
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Re: 7 Types Of Gay Men That Scare Us

Postby Daknee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:43 am

Good article Phoenix. For the most part I agree with what was said. Although I'm not too sure about using the word scare. Aren't these just the basic types of gay men generally speaking? :lol:
In my experience Sucessfull guys seem to fit into the ugly catagory too. On the other hand, I don't consider myself ugly nor successful but have meet guys who like or want me because I can take care of them. I would like an equal, someone who can hold their own and has the drive and potential for success.
I think older is being excepted more and more especially since the gay community is now getting older and older. I feel we would have reached this a lot sooner had it not been for the onset of HIV/Aids which initially took so many of those who would have reached "older" long before now. At least this is the way I feel now, since I'm in the catagory of what's now considered "older"
It surpirses me about guys in the heavy catagory. There also seems to be more of them than before. I think this has to do with the ever expanding waistland of America. I now see so many guys in their 20s who really could lose a few pounds and have a pot belly already. They also don't seem to mind much either. I often think geez if these guys look like this now what are they going to look like after reaching their 30s when their metabolisims really slow down. I must say I don't mind a guy with some meat on their bones but I don't want to end up in a LTR with a guy who turns into Jaba the Hut. So from this standpoint, yes fat guys scare me a bit.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Yes, very good article. Foe me it demonstrates the prejudices in our own community and amongst ourselves. How can we ask for acceptance from the general public when there isn't even acceptance amongst ourselves? Further division is not the answer.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 pm

The categories are right on. It is frustrating for me to find a gay person in my age range because they are all looking at younger forcing me to look at younger as well.

There are some guys that are attracted to bigger guys too. Just go to BiggerCity.com and take a look at the chubby chasers who want the bigger guys. On this website, if you are in the mid-200s, you might be considered "small." Some profiles state they want guys 300 lbs. or over!! Part of the profile includes a guy's BMI number.

The article is correct that these gay types are separating us even further within the community. Don't we have enough of that from non-gay's already?
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby furface » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:45 pm

I don't understand the title - is anyone 'afraid' of these, or other types for that matter? Or are some folks just plain uncomfortable with them?

As to the types and attraction - ya likes what ya likes. Ain't logical, just is.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm

I agree with Furface. I don't think we're afraid of any type of homo. It's just that in order for us to be able to relate to anybody, gay or str8, whether they are work relations, friends or lovers - whatever the relationship is - personal chemistry is the deciding factor if it's gonna work out or not.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby Daknee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Ben wrote:I agree with Furface. I don't think we're afraid of any type of homo. It's just that in order for us to be able to relate to anybody, gay or str8, whether they are work relations, friends or lovers - whatever the relationship is - personal chemistry is the deciding factor if it's gonna work out or not.

Well said Ben
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby Davy » Sat May 14, 2011 2:52 am

The link has gone bad. I think that would have been an interesting article to read. Bummer.

Funny that chubby guys are considered to be part of that group. There was a time (long before my time) that being heavy was how you "proved" you didn't have AIDS. Now with the advent of anti-retrovirals and the cocktail, that's not so much the case anymore.
Davy

Postby PhillyAgenda » Sat May 14, 2011 4:29 pm

I THINK I found the right article. Did a search, THIS should be the article he was referring to.

(the page is NSFW)
PhillyAgenda

Return to Stereotypes