Brooding over this - am I the only one who has that issue?

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Brooding over this - am I the only one who has that issue?

Postby variant » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:34 am

Ok, am I the only one who grows dark and brooding when he sees a naturally masculine straight man totally, shamelessly indulge in his' sexuality like country star trace adkins does in this music video?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VzEuli ... re=channel

Now, there's really nothing wrong with this on an intellectual level but seeing this evokes emotions/perhaps memories of a kind of guy that would probably really enjoy trying to relegate me into some kind of servile "inferior?" type. He would try to either psychologically castrate me.

Guys like that just make me feel both insecure and totally angry.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone else has these kinds of issues and what you think about them.
variant

Re: Brooding over this - am I the only one who has that issu

Postby Cachasa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:58 pm

variant wrote:Ok, am I the only one who grows dark and brooding when he sees a naturally masculine straight man totally, shamelessly indulge in his' sexuality like country star trace adkins does in this music video?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VzEuli ... re=channel

Now, there's really nothing wrong with this on an intellectual level but seeing this evokes emotions/perhaps memories of a kind of guy that would probably really enjoy trying to relegate me into some kind of servile "inferior?" type. He would try to either psychologically castrate me.

Guys like that just make me feel both insecure and totally angry.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone else has these kinds of issues and what you think about them.

But isn't that a stereo-type of straight men, in and of itself?
Cachasa

Postby variant » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:07 am

If it undoubtedly is: it does not have the same debilitating value as a homosexual stereotype. It will only make a guy an asshole etc.

In my' mind this is just a personality type. I think straight men in general are given more flexibility in defining themselves than homosexual men. At least in my' area this appears to be true.

I can only imagine what a video like that but with gay men could provoke from the public lol
variant

Postby Schlodesss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 am

I couldn't get your link to work.

So looked
http://www.youtube.com/user/traceadkins?blend=1&ob=4

I don't feel threatened really... I kind of see what you mean, I see a guy like that, even around town for instance and I wish I had what he has... but w/e it isn't something that ever becomes more than a thought for a minute or two.

There will always be someone faster, stronger, more masculin, taller, hairier, less hairy, balder, more hair, more facial hair, more mojo, etc.

I can only do my best and hope some guy some day see's me and think's i'm cool enough to take a shot at.. even if it's a gun shot lol.

Trace Adkins is a hot guy. Period.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby olywaguy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:56 pm

All came to mind in watching that video is that the feminists would have a field day with it. That video shows women as men's objects and I am surprised there hasn't been any hoopla about it.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Schlodesss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 pm

I dunno I didn't get that. It was meant to be a funny video, that's what's wrong today everyone is way uptight and must watch every word they say and action they do.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby variant » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:12 am

Well, alot of women actually enjoy that I've learned.

Yeah trace is hot.

What I wish I had was the kind of freedom he seems to be enjoying in that video. I may not be moved to do exactly as he does but knowing you can have that and remain comfortable like that, not second-guessing yourself or feeling that you might on some level register as obscene to someone you might otherwise enjoy as just a person etc.

I've been doing alot of reading lately on masculine psychology so the floor-plan of this is beginning to show itself.

Yeah, I actually like the video. It's striking for my' sensibilities lol.
variant

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Eh it doesn't bother me at all.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I think what bothers me most is the women that go for this old school shovenistic approach or macho man acting. I alway thought women wanted equality yet when it comes to the dating game they seem to like these old school guys. I alway thought this type of male behavior should have gone out with the 1950's when the little woman stayed in the kitchen or went to collage to get an MRS. degree. I'm dumb founded :!:
Daknee

Postby Schlodesss » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Not so much. When I look at a guy as in what I like..] I want a guy who is a bit on the alpha side. I find it a turn on, unfortunately it seems like a hard thing to find in same sex..

Anyways a lot of women still like a mans man for what I can see [throught str8 friends etc].

Daknee wrote:I think what bothers me most is the women that go for this old school shovenistic approach or macho man acting. I alway thought women wanted equality yet when it comes to the dating game they seem to like these old school guys. I alway thought this type of male behavior should have gone out with the 1950's when the little woman stayed in the kitchen or went to collage to get an MRS. degree. I'm dumb founded :!:
--------------
Schlodesss

Re: Brooding over this - am I the only one who has that issue?

Postby variant » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:32 am

I personally wouldnt want an alpha male if he's going to be cocky all the *$#*@# time. BIG repellant.
I'm more attracted to modest, assertive types.... which I guess is kinda how I'd describe myself. lol
variant

Postby Daknee » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:30 pm

variant wrote:I personally wouldnt want an alpha male if he's going to be cocky all the *$#*@# time. BIG repellant.
I'm more attracted to modest, assertive types.... which I guess is kinda how I'd describe myself. lol

I agree there's a big difference between alpha and assertive. :wink:
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby qwertz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Those guys are a bore.
qwertz

Return to Stereotypes