Do some guys look gay no matter what?

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Do some guys look gay no matter what?

Postby dracuscalico » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 pm

I am not talking about how a guy walks, talks or moves, and not talking about "gaydar", but strictly on the apperance of his PHYSICAL attributes. Like could you see the guy was gay even if he was asleep, or if he was in a police lineup with identically dressed men, or if you were picking models from headshots in a book.

What physical features in a man's face make him look gay?

What physical features in his body make him look gay?
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby furface » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:09 pm

In nearly 50 years of being out in this society and looking at thousands of men I can say there is nothing about a man's physical appearance, i.e., head shape, body condition, hand size etc. that marks him as gay.

There are applied physical things that imply gay; like frosted hair, flamboyant clothing style, make up, excessive jewelry, etc. But even that isn't necessarily always accurate. Mr. T wears enough jewelry to be a walking repository for Zales. Many actors/personalities wear make up and have high style hair and wardrobe.

IMHO without these societal incidental clues there's really isn't any predicable method to identify gay men solely by physical shape/appearance.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby Screamer » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 pm

A definitive study of Gayface... and part two
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Rune » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Hahah that Gayface stuff is genius. I always wondered what it was, I think this guy has it down!
Rune

Postby CollegePepper » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:48 pm

LOL that gayface was a great "Study" LOL
CollegePepper

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:59 pm

I didn't like the story even though this is the second time I've read it. It was just musings but not really definitive. :?

Gayface really is more of a cultural thing just like a southerner's face or any subgroup within a psychodemographic. Depending upon whom you are used to dealing with, you adopt similar modes of expression including, gestures, facial expressions and vocal tonality. When the muscles are consistently used in a specific way they develop that way, like worriers have worry lines or mean people having overdeveloped frown lines. If you are looking at features that are a direct result of muscular development like along the cheeks and jawline from sucking a lot, that would be more realistic than saying someone's LIPS look like they suck a lot...

As far as c - ck sucking lips, there's a difference between saying someone's lips LOOK like they have done a lot of c - ck sucking, versus saying that they have the IDEAL LIPS FOR IT, should they ever decide to do it. There are lots of skinny lipped guys out there who have been sucking for years and STILL have skinny lips. If sucking really gave you bigger lips, no one would need lip filler injections, as there is no shortage of guys who are willing to let someone suck them. :twisted:

All of this would be comparable to the difference to between calling a guy a "bottom" simply because he has a bubble butt not knowing anything about him, versus saying he has an IDEAL A - - for f - cking SHOULD HE EVER DECIDE TO DO IT. There are plenty of flat butted bottoms out there who have been getting pounded for years and STILL are just as flat,(just as there are little d - cked exclusive tops whose d - cks STILL don't look any bigger after years of pounding a - - ....)

I do agree that there are a combination of facial characteristics that seem to be more prevalent in gay guys, but it has more to do with culture and the way they are accustomed to emoting with their faces within that culture that is the giveaway.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Re: Do some guys look gay no matter what?

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

It's a man mannerisms that make him look gay. Not his genes.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby olywaguy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:07 am

It's all in the eyes.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Re:

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 pm

dracuscalico wrote:[color=black][b]
As far as c - ck sucking lips, there's a difference between saying someone's lips LOOK like they have done a lot of c - ck sucking, versus saying that they have the IDEAL LIPS FOR IT, should they ever decide to do it. There are lots of skinny lipped guys out there who have been sucking for years and STILL have skinny lips. If sucking really gave you bigger lips, no one would need lip filler injections, as there is no shortage of guys who are willing to let someone suck them. :twisted:

WTF!! My lips are NOT big!!

... wait... I mean... I STILL have skinny lips... I mean... My lips have ALWAYS been skinny! :twisted:
Ben

Re: Re:

Postby madsglen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 am

Ben wrote:WTF!! My lips are NOT big!!

... wait... I mean... I STILL have skinny lips... I mean... My lips have ALWAYS been skinny! :twisted:

:lol: :lol: Thanks, Ben. Too bad there's no ' laughed so hard I snorted and nearly peed myself ' emoticon around here. I needed that today.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby Cajun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:14 am

Maybe he's just not doing it right...... :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby nimby » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:28 am

Lord knows I still got skinny lips, and it ain't for lack of tryin' either. :shock: .
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 am

I still got skinny lips too
But I haven't tried....
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Re: Re:

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 pm

madsglen wrote:
Ben wrote:WTF!! My lips are NOT big!!

:lol: :lol: Thanks, Ben. Too bad there's no ' laughed so hard I snorted and nearly peed myself ' emoticon around here. I needed that today.

Good times, good times :P :wink:
Ben

Postby westboard » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:46 pm

well...back in 2000 when NSYNC were big, the second i saw Lance Bass and all the girls were gawkin over him, i was like "...i think this dude is gay..." it's the arched eyebrows and the "gentle" eyes (which i think came to him genetically).

But i think its very possible. If being gay is a genetic thing, then looking "gay" could also be a genetic thing.
Drowning in the sea of love,
Where everyone would love to drown...
westboard

Postby rubysparks » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Ben wrote:It's a man mannerisms that make him look gay. Not his genes.

exactly what i think!
rubysparks

Postby jabpcola » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm

I have never thought I look any different than any one else. However a few years back, my wife, a friend who is lesbian, and I were talking about different things. Somehow we got on the subject of DSL's. We all agreed that Angelina Jolie has the best, hands down. But then my wife said that I wold give her a run for the money because I definitely have DSL's. :wink: Our friend agreed! To be honest, after they pointed it out, I looked real close, they were right! Oh our friend said I have great DSL's but she definitely has "PSL's". :lol:
jabpcola

Return to Stereotypes