How to De-Gay Your Home(?) II

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Postby Cajun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 am

Save a horse........ :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:59 am

charmcitywop wrote:
dracuscalico wrote:You DO need to give us responses to our feedback though since you asked us what we think![/size][/color][/b]

Actually, I don't "need" to do anything there, Drac. But it is meant to look kitschy -- so very Baltimore. Glad that comes across. It's reminiscent of the house I grew up in which I find comforting and familiar.

And cranky, I'm going as Ed Hochuli -- a ridiculously tight referee shirt and whistle. Jonathan likes to play cowboy. :wink:

Look at the text you pasted. It's saying that you need to give us some kind of a response to our responses, not that you need to change the decor. (Perhaps you meant to paste something else).

When you ask for input and people see you are indeed responsive, we give you even MORE of the input you wanted from us. When you don't converse back, then it's a dead end.

Thank you for acknowledging that you received the input we gave you. As a courtesy, that's all that needed to happen.... :wink:

dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby foxeyes2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:03 pm

dracuscalico wrote:
charmcitywop wrote:
dracuscalico wrote:You DO need to give us responses to our feedback though since you asked us what we think![/size][/color][/b]

Actually, I don't "need" to do anything there, Drac. But it is meant to look kitschy -- so very Baltimore. Glad that comes across. It's reminiscent of the house I grew up in which I find comforting and familiar.

And cranky, I'm going as Ed Hochuli -- a ridiculously tight referee shirt and whistle. Jonathan likes to play cowboy. :wink:

Look at the text you pasted. It's saying that you need to give us some kind of a response to our responses, not that you need to change the decor. (Perhaps you meant to paste something else).

When you ask for input and people see you are indeed responsive, we give you even MORE of the input you wanted from us. When you don't converse back, then it's a dead end.

Thank you for acknowledging that you received the input we gave you. As a courtesy, that's all that needed to happen.... :wink:

Well actually he doesn't "need" to post a response to what we think. He can if he wants but that is entirely up to him. Now I would suggest to you that you might consider how some of your posts, actually a lot of them, come across as being extremely rude. Case in point is you saying he needs to do....... If you want his feedback then ask. Other examples are your misognystic posts. So if you could think about how other might find them off-putting or even offensive then that would be greatly appreciated.
We are all one tribe. We are all one people.
Reduce Reuse Recycle
foxeyes2

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:49 pm

I don't mind if others find my points of view offensive, but I DO mind if I offend people personally. If something in my conduct toward anyone, on a personal level, seems out of line I will always address and/or correct it if it is brought to my attention.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 pm

foxyeyes:

My personal response to you is, you seem to get into more disputes with people, than the other Moderators, and it's always because you don't "like" something someone has said.

Isn't the role of a Moderator to be NEUTRAL ?

You were so anxious to tell me off, politely, for what you didn't like about me, that you jumped the gun. You didn't even wait to see what charmcitywops response was to my message.

When the last line thanks him for acknowledging our messages, followed by a wink...that's an attempt to bring "amicable" closure to a discussion and diffuse the tensions.

For all you know, his response could have been, "oh, okay, I see where you were coming from now, no worries".

But rather than wait for his reply to see if things were resolved or not, you took your own show on the road.

"Now I would suggest to you that you might consider how some of your posts, actually a lot of them, come across as being", emotional, retaliatory and personally motivated, rather than expressing the neutrality of the other Moderators.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby charmcitywop » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Cajun wrote:Save a horse........ :wink:

Speaking of horses, I feel as though we're beating a dead one here, Gentlemen. Let's move on. Quick! Someone tell a joke!

Do you know why witches don't have babies?

Because their husbands have hallow weenies!
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:56 pm

What do you call a pair of Gay Catholics?

A) A Priest and a Choir boy

B) Recyclable Sinners

C) Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick

D) Father Fabulous and Deacon Divine

E) _________________________________________________ ? (create your own line)
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:42 am

Okay guys, as a moderator myself, let's please get back on track with the topic at hand which is how to De=gay your home. Dead horses and jokes are not part of this thread.

There is a Good Jokes thread under the Entertainment forum I believe.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:22 am

I can proudly say there is not much to degay about my home. Well unless you consider a couple flower and plant arrangements that go with the decor. But no posters glorifying women or the male body. The only photos up are of me. The artwork is old world, somewhat timeless, harry potteresque, rugged and heavy. My silverware is the heaviest they make and is not ornate but also looks like it comes from another time. I am also a lousy housekeeper and organizer, so that definitely scores some 'not gay" points. I don't have any gay publications that I subscribe to or bring home. My place just looks like a bachelor pad, sans the Sports Illustrated and Car and Driver subscriptions.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:26 am

Are antiques "gay"? I love my antiques.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am

Antiques are NOT gay...well I hope not anyway.
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 pm

I don't think antiques are gay. Most of them are handed down through the family and are part of your family history. They are definitely not gay but once you go to Antiques Roadshow and find out they are worth thousands of dollars, they definitely are not gay.
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby GX » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Antiques are more in the realm of geezerdom...or my parents. :lol:
GX

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:35 pm

The thing about the flea market antique show crowd is how morbid it was to attend estates sales when the people showing up all knew the collector.

It's like the body isn't cold yet, and they are swooping in like vultures talking about how they always wanted this item or that item and fighting over stuff with other collectors who feel equally entitled.

Geez like why don't you stick an IV in the corpse and mainline it's remaining fluids while you're at it?

Fight to hoard stuff....die....other people fight to hoard the stuff....they die....other people fight to hoard the stuff....they die....other people fight to hoard the stuff....they die...
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:46 am

dracuscalico wrote:The thing about the flea market antique show crowd is how morbid it was to attend estates sales when the people showing up all knew the collector.

It's like the body isn't cold yet, and they are swooping in like vultures talking about how they always wanted this item or that item and fighting over stuff with other collectors who feel equally entitled.

Geez like why don't you stick an IV in the corpse and mainline it's remaining fluids while you're at it?

Fight to hoard stuff....die....other people fight to hoard the stuff....they die....other people fight to hoard the stuff....they die....other people fight to hoard the stuff....they die...

That's what happens when you don't leave a will.
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby nimby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:10 am

GX wrote:Antiques are more in the realm of geezerdom...or my parents. :lol:

Ouch. Next stop, Ikea.

Actually I'll be only to glad to pry any cool collectables out of your cold, dead fingers when the time comes. Been there, done that. No problem.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 am

nimby wrote:
GX wrote:Antiques are more in the realm of geezerdom...or my parents. :lol:

Ouch. Next stop, Ikea.

Actually I'll be only to glad to pry any cool collectables out of your cold, dead fingers when the time comes. Been there, done that. No problem.

Are you one of those Royals who pry the Sceptor out of the dying monarch's hands before their last breath? Instead of "Father, oh Father", you say "die already and let go of my Crown!" :wink:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:53 am

Yup, but you can call me Charles.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I'll call you anything you want your Highness...my, what a BIG Scepter you have.... :twisted:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Get on your knees when you address me like that! he he he.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby darkwolf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:30 pm

well currently in my room the only "gay" thing would probably be a big pink fish, of course its for my rats so i think that may degay that.
darkwolf

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:59 pm

okay, gay guys don't have pet rats unless they are serial killers...
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:53 pm

I have Fiestaware dishes, so I'm hopeless. I might as well keep the cat.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:56 pm

A cat is not a masculine pet.

Get an iguana or a tarrantula.

:twisted:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby DerWanderer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:13 pm

dracuscalico wrote:[b]A cat is not a masculine pet.

:twisted:

As a sometime owner of cats (although perhaps coinhabitant would be a better term) I resent that! :P

They are far lower maintenance than dogs, more responsive to the unadultered favortism one shower's on one's pets than iguanas, and far less likely to make one want to reach for a sledgehammer, axe, shotgun, or other tool of sensible home maintenance. :twisted:
DerWanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Stereotypes