How to De-Gay Your Home(?) II

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

How to De-Gay Your Home(?) II

Postby selective_soldier » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 am

:arrow:
selective_soldier wrote: Note to self Before you let anyone use your PC, make sure to scrub the documents clear of ..um... Family pics :roll: ..he..he...

:arrow: Make sure to take out..um.. the "Family" movie in the DVD player. :oops:

:arrow: Make sure to keep you answering service on low, or mute.

With str8 guys, you're subject to hear guys in the back ground chanting B!tches, B!tches, B!tches. Encouraging their boys to score on a potential chick.

With Family, if your don't turn the volume down on the answering service, you're subject to have one of your gay friends jokingly refer to you as deep throat.. :roll: Hmm??... bottomless pit..., :roll: Yell out loud, Say, pick up the phone! I know your'e busy ... well.. you get the picture..
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:21 pm

:arrow: Password protect photos on your cellphone. You don't want your football friend finding Mary's boner.
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby selective_soldier » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Bramasole_iowa wrote::arrow: Password protect photos on your cellphone.

I'm normally not the take photos with the cell phone type.. However.. For future refernces, there's a way to secure a password so no one can browse through your cell phone? That would be cool..

I have it [password option] for my PC. I thought by having my friend sign in as a guest, it would prevent him from digging in my junk drawer, so to speak.

With my luck He'll figure out how to get past my password on the cell phone like he found my pretty boy pics on my saved documents.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Screamer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:53 pm

More than anything, lock the door, 'cause if you're getting ******ed with a *********** while you're *****ing it, that's obviously gay
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby selective_soldier » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 am

Screamer wrote:More than anything, lock the door, 'cause if you're getting ******ed with a *********** while you're *****ing it, that's obviously gay

:? Image Sorry, I don't get it with all the aristrics.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby devilnuts » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:55 am

selective_soldier wrote:
Screamer wrote:More than anything, lock the door, 'cause if you're getting ******ed with a *********** while you're *****ing it, that's obviously gay

:? Image Sorry, I don't get it with all the aristrics.

It's like Mad Libs...fill in the blanks. The first one is a VERB, the second one is a NOUN, and the last one is a VERB. :lol:
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby selective_soldier » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 am

I'm understanding hanging up anything Nascar wins str8 points. :lol:

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:12 am

Sorry Carlos, I'm on a stereotypical roll. I figured I'd burn off a few before I leave out.

:arrow: Those little foo-foo exfoliating shower thingies...ehem.. that i happen to use myself... Everytime I'm in a shower in the gym, or the barracks, they always garner a second look..

:arrow: Hmmm.. The marbles in the vase type thing..

:arrow: Flowers. Lots & lots of flowers.. the more & the longer stemmed, the more it sreams 'liberace'.

:arrow: I was going to say colored lights, but some str8 guys look on that as an aphrodesiac [sp]

:arrow: The ole' trusted beat down, stained up sofa with no legs that screams Bachelor.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Screamer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Maybe put a mirror over the bed? The only perverts I know who did that were all hetero.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:12 pm

I am working on de-gaying the iPod.
August: 3wks in the high desert of eastern WA and southern ID.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby DeckApe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 pm

You need two weeks to de-gay your iPod? :shock:

I'd have to get an iPod first.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:00 pm

DeckApe wrote:You need two weeks to de-gay your iPod? :shock:

I'd have to get an iPod first.

It will take me roughly that long to listen to all the questionable podcasts, including the 80 episodes of interviews with various men of adult entertainment.
Plus I need to stock up on things to listen to while I'm gone.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby charmcitywop » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Scale of 1 to 10. How gay is this shelf? Please keep in mind that 1) it is actually in my house and 2) I'm easily hurt. :wink:

I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 pm

I wouldn't say its gay at all. I'll admit it's something I would expect to find in a child's room, but it doesn't seem gay to me. Plus I like the pumpkin in the center :) . So if 10 is the most gay I would give it a 1.
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm

(You never responded when I answered about your blue shorts.... :evil: )

Anyway, it doesn't look gay, it looks like there might be a child in the household that you are putting fun things up for. Now once Halloween is over, that might be a different story if you don't take that down.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby crankycurmudgeon » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 pm

Vince,

Perhaps it is just a wee bit too cute and whimsical -- suggesting a confirmed batchelor third grade teacher.

On the other hand, I'm sure that the sense of joy and fun that it suggests is one of many reasons why your neices, nephews, and godchildren love you exuberantly.
Like a bad penny, some things just keep coming back.
crankycurmudgeon

Postby GX » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:32 am

That shelf looks fabulously gay.

That's either something done by a homo male or a female definitely...and if there are no women in the house that certainly narrows it down. :lol:
GX

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:33 am

GX wrote:That shelf looks fabulously gay.

That's either something done by a homo male or a female definitely...and if there are no women in the house that certainly narrows it down. :lol:

How do you get THAT out of a simple shelf with understated pieces that look like a child made them?

Something extravagant with SOME kinda glitter and fluff and glorifying the male body and/or a female persona would have to be there in order to rate anywhere near that expression you're using to describe it.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby chidiver » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:28 am

I think much of it weighs on what costumes you and Jonathan will be wearing while handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Although you guys would look exceptionally cute as his and his vampires, it would look exceptionally gay! You could also probably carry off the leather dungeon master look as well, but sadly look even gayer. It would however give you the opportunity to pull that stuff out the the very, very back recesses of the closet. :shock: :lol:
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby foxeyes2 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:17 am

It doesn't look gay at all to me.
We are all one tribe. We are all one people.
Reduce Reuse Recycle
foxeyes2

Postby Frizzurd » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:53 pm

it looks "gay" as in the junior high way of calling something lame. Take the mommy kitschy stuff away and put up some skulls, vermin and a decaying latex corpse. Don't you watch horror movies on Halloween?
Frizzurd

Postby nimby » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Now if you placed that rack on the floor in the centre of the pentagram, lit your black candles, blew up your life sized verson of Anton Lavey, and quoted from the Satanic Bible, that wouldn't be gay. And obviously much more festive.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Frizzurd wrote:it looks "gay" as in the junior high way of calling something lame. Take the mommy kitschy stuff away and put up some skulls, vermin and a decaying latex corpse. Don't you watch horror movies on Halloween?

I agree. You could do something bigger and better or more grown up if it is supposed to represent you. It's rather sparse against that blank wall. kinda like your real decorations aren't up yet. What you've done is as understated as the Charlie brown xmas treee that was the last one on the lot.

You DO need to give us responses to our feedback though since you asked us what we think!
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:01 am

charmcitywop wrote:Scale of 1 to 10. How gay is this shelf? Please keep in mind that 1) it is actually in my house and 2) I'm easily hurt. :wink:

Hey, honestly, if you like it, it's just fine. It's your shelf, it's your house, and your holiday. Do what you like. Personally I do like it. It looks just like the one my 6 y/o daughter made at school. Now straighten up, whipe your tears and go snatch a fresh corpse or something. :lol:
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby charmcitywop » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 am

dracuscalico wrote:You DO need to give us responses to our feedback though since you asked us what we think![/size][/color][/b]

Actually, I don't "need" to do anything there, Drac. But it is meant to look kitschy -- so very Baltimore. Glad that comes across. It's reminiscent of the house I grew up in which I find comforting and familiar.

And cranky, I'm going as Ed Hochuli -- a ridiculously tight referee shirt and whistle. Jonathan likes to play cowboy. :wink:
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Next

Return to Stereotypes